Eye for an Eye Mission Game Performance

SharpeXB

Wow. Single digit frame rates here. Even with the specs below. Maybe this battle has too many objects?

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yikes!!! I run the same processor, half the ram, and a 780gti gb and I have no issues. (and run 2k graphics on a 32") Not sure what's going on. I don't have VR at all though. Are you getting hit hard with the frame rates over the battle portion east of Sukhumi?

I made sure to avoid situations like this during my creation and testing. And did my best to hunt down any scenes that would cause frame-rate issues. I toned down one mission (#8.5) way back in the testing phase because that's the only spot I ever had a slow down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

I also experienced very low fps when the A10s start their attack and i give a round looking for the enemy helos, i have to look into the sea to be able to play with some decent fps in that part.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Yeah I tried it again and you have to avoid looking at the main battle, only able to look at the helios otherwise the frame rate plummets. I'm running an overclocked 4790K too.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

is this something that "calms" down after the battle progresses (and units are eliminated)?

The first try I got shot down right away in the F-86 so I Ctrl+J jumped into an A-10C and destroyed everything on the ground, there was still quite a slowdown even as all the enemy units were eliminated.

is this something that "calms" down after the battle progresses (and units are eliminated)?

Yes, for me it did seem to calm down, one of the Helos came out to sea and I shot it down and then I went over the city to look for the other one without fps problems.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I confirm the performance issue, with my specs I have 2-3 fps at most by looking at the city at some point, even when it "calms down" it's optimistic to engage in anything else than circling at a distance. Moving around to get the helis is really challenging (and not fun at all) under those conditions.

I suppose it shows a severe limitation of DCS, which is fine with a very few units but is quickly overwhelmed in more realistic scenarios.

The same was true about the previous mission, mission 6, at the start. Very immersive and impressive, but it's hard to manoeuvre the aircraft with the FPS dropping irregularly, and I had to replay it several times because of random outcomes that I could not control (missiles mostly, or the ground suddenly erupting under the aircraft). Or maybe it's best to simply wait for it to calm down.

In both missions I noticed the aircraft to take down were throwing flares... I'm not too sure about that, while it certainly helps the player it's somewhat unrealistic ;) I don't think it's possible to set a difficulty level in DCS missions though.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

In both missions I noticed the aircraft to take down were throwing flares... I'm not too sure about that, while it certainly helps the player it's somewhat unrealistic ;) I don't think it's possible to set a difficulty level in DCS missions though.

You mean the aircraft to follow, dispense flares. Not aircraft to take down???

You mean the aircraft to follow, dispense flares. Not aircraft to take down???

No, I have no issue with the friendlies showing where they are, knowing the Sabre has no modern equipment, that's perfectly plausible. I do mean the enemy aircraft, as it is the case in missions 6 and 7.

---

There's also a couple of reports saying the AAA has been dealt with, but there's still plenty of AAA activity, beware!

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Well, I just played through Mission 7 myself, and sure enough, got down to 7 fps for a second. At first I thought it was a result from the Rocket Artillery firing. But even after their salvo, the slow FPS continued. Looking towards the city, at close range to it, would usually give me an FPS number in the low teens. I'm figuring that this is due to the smoke plumes from all the dead units. I'll have to address this in a future patch. Sorry guys. And yeah, mission 6 start is just gonna bog down some PC's ... there's a bit going on there :) For taxi help with mission 6, check out this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172199 post #7 has a taxi diagram / picture.

As for the aircraft dispensing flares. In mission 7, the friendly ground pounders you meet up with fire off some for easier spotting. In mission 6 I have the enemy's fire some off because of the easy chance you could fly right past them without visual (given the altitude, terrain, and time of morning) This was done solely for the purpose of spotting the enemy flight.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Well, we survived :captain:

This slowdown seems to remain for quite a while, even when everything has calmed down, taking care of the building and the incoming vehicles was almost impossible. There aren't that much objects so I'm really not sure where it's coming from, that's the first time I experience that, otherwise I have a very smooth 60+ FPS. It could be an interesting case for ED, maybe some optimizations would be interesting there, in any case I can't believe it's just a graphics issue.

As for the aircraft dispensing flares. In mission 7, the friendly ground pounders you meet up with fire off some for easier spotting. In mission 6 I have the enemy's fire some off because of the easy chance you could fly right past them without visual (given the altitude, terrain, and time of morning) This was done solely for the purpose of spotting the enemy flight.

- Apache600

Again, I'm not talking about the friendlies, but the helicopters in mission 7 dispense a lot of flares too, so unless it's to protect themselves I thought it was a general pattern. But as I said, I realize DCS does not permit to set a difficulty level for missions so forget I mentioned it :)

In mission 6 it the friendlies that dispense flares, and yes in mission 7 the helicopters dispense them but i only saw one of them and thought it was self defence against A10s.

If its for another reason then i also think they shouldnt.

That would make sense :)

Actually I couldn't shoot them. The first time I could but I was killed because I believed the message saying the AAA were destroyed :p The second time I was waiting for them to get outside the city then was tasked for something else and another aircraft destroyed them, a bit frustrating :D

So yes, they do have to defend themselves, that must explain it.

Precisely i only managed to shoot 1 down, he came off to the sea and was very easy to spot, plus he was dispensing flares, i think he was escaping from an A10..... but he couldnt escape the F86:D

I never saw the other one but was informed that it got shot down.

Im now on mission 8.3 Marco Polo, this one is going to be the most difficult cause i have to use those old bombs with the rudimentary bombing technique...... Gosh, im so used to the A10c CCRP, how could they even bomb like this????:cry:

I have the same problem, the A-10C spoiled us ;)

Look on the bright side, this could be a Bf-109. There I'm considering myself lucky when I take off without killing myself :D

• 3 weeks later...

Next patch (Museum Relic v1.03) has reworked Mission 7. I have tested it several times. It is showing a huge game performance improvement over what it was doing! The lowest frame rate I'm getting now is in the low 20's (as opposed to single digits previously).

I reduced the number of units on the battlefield, which certainly helped. But I think the biggest problem may have been that the rocket artillery (which has been removed) took out a sizable number of houses at the front line, and that DCS may have been having a hard time drawing up all the destroyed structures.

Edited by Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Next patch (Museum Relic v1.03) has reworked Mission 7. I have tested it several times. It is showing a huge game performance improvement over what it was doing! The lowest frame rate I'm getting now is in the low 20's (as opposed to single digits previously).

I reduced the number of units on the battlefield, which certainly helped. But I think the biggest problem may have been that the rocket artillery (which has been removed) took out a sizable number of houses at the front line, and that DCS may have been having a hard time drawing up all the destroyed structures.

When will this be available? In the next DCSW update?

Thanks for working on this

When will this be available? In the next DCSW update?

Thanks for working on this

You're very welcome! The patched version has already been submitted to the folks at ED. I can't tell for-sure when they'll be able to implement it since there's a little more than just that small tweak (at least what I have planned) going into this upcoming update :)

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 years later...

My rig is really struggling on Mission 7 (MiG-15bis version) once I get near the action. I'm getting single digit FPS. It makes me wonder whether I ever got the patched version. I purchased the campaign about a month before the message below was posted. I can't figure out how to check the version number. Any suggestions welcome.

BTW, rig is as in my sig except I now have a better video card. Nvidia 1060. It is close to maxed out when the FPS drops. Haven't had problems with the other missions so far.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

are you on the open beta ?

performance has been low overall after the last open beta.

I got the same CPU overclocked to 4.5, but with a GTX1070. You must be struggling a lot on that HD7870 in general

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days