DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Only posting to say THANKS Ciribob.

After some testing with my squad mates two of the most important bugs are fixed now.

Output and Input Audio sources are recorded now and you dont need to select them everytime you open Simple Radio.

Speaking at the same time on two different radios no more causes noise or distortion.

Brilliand update Ciribob.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Can sombody help ?

Log attached

Sorry can you give some more detail? What's not working?

Only posting to say THANKS Ciribob.

After some testing with my squad mates two of the most important bugs are fixed now.

Output and Input Audio sources are recorded now and you dont need to select them everytime you open Simple Radio.

Speaking at the same time on two different radios no more causes noise or distortion.

Brilliand update Ciribob.

Really really glad to hear those are both fixed. Worked hard on solving both so that's really great news! Thanks!

There will be another patch later next week to help with VoIP stability but overall latest version should be fine for most :)

Once that's out I can start on new features!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ciribob, did you ever have a chance to review my eventlog from last weekend (Discord convo we had)? If so, did you find anything of note? I'll be around this weekend, hopefully we can get things fixed up for me. Let me know, thx.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Ciribob, did you ever have a chance to review my eventlog from last weekend (Discord convo we had)? If so, did you find anything of note? I'll be around this weekend, hopefully we can get things fixed up for me. Let me know, thx.

I did - there was some odd stuff with audio preview but it looks like the normal radio should work fine as no errors there. Sorry not around this weekend but will be next week!

I'll send over some times in discord next week and maybe we can take a look together?

Sorry here any details

When i started SR and click to preview audio it come a false massage:

Problem Intialising Audio Input ! Try a different device and post your client log to forum. I try every audio device, doesnt work, new install doesnt work, tested in DCS no frequencies shows

The error is missing opus.dll - this is due to an installation error. Did you by any chance just drag the exe out of the zip or drag it from where it was installed?

Either way - easy fix! Just rerun the installer and make sure to run the radio from where it was installed :thumbup:

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Anyone having problems that their favorites cannot not be stored? I can store it, but when restart SR ny favorites are gone.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I did - there was some odd stuff with audio preview but it looks like the normal radio should work fine as no errors there. Sorry not around this weekend but will be next week!

I'll send over some times in discord next week and maybe we can take a look together?

Sounds great, thanks dude! Enjoy the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hey Ciribob...

The latest AV-8B Manual states in the communications description:

"The real aircraft also provides for secure voice communications by using a TSEC/KY-58 secure voice encoder. It is not possible to simulate such device in DCS and thus the DCS AV-8B NA does not have this system enabled."

Do you know if this means we wont be able to use the secure voice function of Simple Radio with the AV-8?

( I know its new...not pressuring just curious.)

Thanks for all you've done for this community

Sierra

Edited by Sierra99
To correct gross spelling errors.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hey Ciribob...

The latest AV-8B Manual states in the communications description:

"The real aircraft also provides for secure voice communications by using a TSEC/KY-58 secure voice encoder. It is not possible to simulate such device in DCS and thus the DCS AV-8B NA does not have this system enabled."

Do you know if this means we wont be able to use the secure voice function of Simple Radio with the AV-8?

( I know its new...not pressuring just curious.)

Thanks for all you've done for this community

Sierra

I would think SRS will handle this like the A-10C (which ky-58 functionality isn’t functional in game).

The question is can the KY-58 panel be interacted within the Harrier. Haven’t tried the panel yet.

Edited by Snoopy

I would think SRS will handle this like the A-10C (which ky-58 functionality isn’t functional in game).

The question is can the KY-58 panel be interacted within the Harrier. Haven’t tried the panel yet.

^ this :)

If not I can enable it like I do for the FC3 aircraft and you just use the overlay.

The issue with the Harrier is the controls are split between internal UFC logic and the control panel.

Up until now the state of every system could be worked out via the switch plus a check to see if certain devices are on. Adding a UFC in means that's no longer possible as there is now way for me to figure out the internal UFC state...

For example - when you can switch to FM from AM on the radio, there is no button (like on Mi8) and I can't access whether that is set on the radio or not (oddly I can set it via script, just not get it's state)

Same for getting channel state - the rotary dial isn't a normal rotary dial so I can't easily get the current channel - just current frequency.

It will be worked in though, no worries :)

For the harrier, if anyone knows what the controls should do on the KY58, all I need to know is off and on and key switch (assuming that's allowed?) That would be very helpful!

New RELEASE Version - 1.4.4.0

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions - You'll know when you get the audio initialisation error :)

Final (hopefully) Bug fix release to fix the dropout from 1.4.X.X - ALL CLIENTS MUST BE ON 1.4.3.0+ - ALL SERVERS MUST BE ON THIS RELEASE

Preliminary support for Harrier :pilotfly:

This version also adds a new experimental mic output / pass through option. If enabled all radio transmissions sent (only when sent i.e with PTT held) will be sent to the specified output device. This can be different from the normal output of audio.

This version is incompatible with all versions before 1.4.3.0 and ALL Clients and Servers must be on this version or newer. Highly recommended all clients and servers switch to this version. There is a bug with 1.4.3.0 Servers where radio transmissions cant be hard - this fixes that! :)

SERVER OWNERS - You need to open an extra TCP port for SRS to work and its +1 above your normal server port. I.e if you run a server on 5002 you need to open port 5002 and 5003 for TCP

KNOWN BUG

If you get lag while using the radio, press L Ctrl + L Shift + L to fix. This is a DCS bug i'm trying to work around and is triggered by pressing L Ctrl + L. It doesn't matter if that key is bound or not, it'll still cause lag when you press it

Changelog

• Bug fix for 1.4.3.0 Server - All previous clients & servers deprecated
  • KNOWN BUG - Openbeta doesnt have in game DCS overlay - currently incompatible hotfix a few posts down :)
  • Preliminary Harrier support - Very WIP as Radios are still under development
  • Installer updated to handle openbeta GameGUI loading changes
  • Added optional Mic pass through option for streaming / recording. All mic transmissions will be sent to an optional output device with radio effect enabled
  • Further Fixes for audio dropout / cutoff
  • Server owners please note you'll need to allow an extra port 1 above the existing port you've opened. I.e port 5002 now needs 5002 and 5003 open for TCP Traffic

Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved GamesDCSConfig which will look something like so and quit DCS:

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:

• DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved GamesDCSScripts

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Video Demo

Edited by Ciribob

My Antivir software say (for the first time) that the software is not safe!

Any idea what happend with the zip-File from 1.4.4.0?

Literally a one line code change :)

If you extract the files and check the exes and DLLs are all signed with a certificate I bought to make windows smart screen happy

Just a false positive - no worries!

When a new update is released, do I have to uninstall SRS and then reinstall the updated version again?
No need - download new version, extract zip contents, run installer and hit install. It'll remove and replace old version and keep settings.

If you hit uninstall you'll lose your settings

Please Note

All server owners must update to 1.4.4.0 or updated clients will be unable to connect.

I've had a few messages asking why they're getting disconnected immediately from a server, the reason will be a mismatch in versions :)

Having updated SRS, I am unable to connect. I have confirmed that the Server is running 1.4.4.0.

Extract from my SRS log is attached

I'd check your firewall options and ports for connecting as it says - the exact same build is running here:

5.189.162.17:5014

Can you connect to this one OK?

Can you see in the server logs the port listening starting OK?

No worries :)

Glad to hear you're sorted!

Hotfix for Overlay on Open Alpha and Open Beta

OpenAlpha and Beta have changed how UI elements are drawn so the in game DCS overlay doesnt work.

Hotfix in zip is attached with README inside

For reference its below as well:

Install SRS version 1.4.4.0 as normal

Only use this patch on OpenBeta or OpenAlpha as it wont work in the release version yet

Copy DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua and DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg to Saved Games\DCS\Open Alpha (or beta) \ Scripts

Copy DCS-SRS-hook.lua Saved Games\DCS\Open Alpha (or beta) \ Scripts\ Hooks

Overlay should then work in OpenAlpha and OpenBeta and now release

DCS-OverlayFix-OpenAlpha-OpenBeta.zip

Edited by Ciribob

Hey Ciribob,

my problem with d3d9.dll is BACK ( page 146 ), on this new rig with fresh 10 from sig :(

I found a copy ( actually I found various copies with different sizes ) of this file on my PC, copied into the install folder and it works then, despite I get a red pop-up from 10 saying this file ( d3d9.dll ) is not made for my OS version and that I shall blabla bla...I hit OK and 5 seconds later your installer opens and actually works.

Same with the actual Client Radio exe file, red popup, click ok, wait..and finally your app comes up.

Shoot me a PM, you might wanna Teamviewer into my machine and we both have a look.

I now doubt its only me having this issue after a new install.

All my DCS copies have been "moved" from old install, so none got installed with installer, but I repaired each one after copying them, they all work flawless. I have yet to run a game installer that may add DX9 etc...

Bit

* all versions of this file produce a red warning pop-up... they come out of WinSXS, one is 118KB, one is 99,8KB, 1.56MB and so on

It seems that it only wants to see that file, regardless of the content. I may try a placebo file with just the name and see if that works tomorrow.

This is a funny problem :doh::book:

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

ok...the 1.56MB file does not produce the pop-up and your installer or App comes right up, still, this is strange !? ,isn't it ??

If I dont add any of those 3 versions of that file, nothing goes :(

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Try this : https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Also make sure that MSI afterburner isn't running

Remove any DLLs you downloaded or installed manually.

Hope that helps.

I don't use anything dx9, just Microsoft .net WPF So it's odd you're getting that error as windows shouldve installed it...!

This is strange as I always used MSI Afterburner before and they worked together...but maybe I have to close MSI to install it initially. I will try that and the MS link tomorrow, already in bed typing on the mac.

Thank you for your prompt answer, Respect !