DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Also you need to run the preview audio in the general tab and choose the output device until you hear yourself.

I've done that, the mic. is detected, the output device too, I can see both "bllue" audio bars moving. However there is no sound. This is all before even entering DCS or even chosing a SRS server to connect to.

I have no problems with Teamspeak, or any other audio problems on my machine. Not sure what Im missing, maybe the installation is just fubared somehow.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I've done that, the mic. is detected, the output device too, I can see both "bllue" audio bars moving. However there is no sound. This is all before even entering DCS or even chosing a SRS server to connect to.

I have no problems with Teamspeak, or any other audio problems on my machine. Not sure what Im missing, maybe the installation is just fubared somehow.

Oh, then it might be the other artifact. Please check on the Settings page wheter the Output device has been changed to S/PDIF or what the heck, insted of Speakers. It happens for me every time after I quit SRS, so need to re-check at every launch.

I had same problem few months ago.

- ''...you need NetFramework, you need this, you need try this... bla bla..." ...all that "bla, bla'' are resulted that i need completly reinstall my OS. No, thanks.

Then me and SR finished our story forever (or at least to a version that will work without problems). Sorry.

I just simple remove every apps from my system if they told me any "...bla, bla...".

In addition to all of this is fair to say that i`m one of first SR user and earlier verions are work fine until a update (i don`t remeber ver.). After update, problems = uninstall. Bye!

Edited by Falcon_S
  • Like 1

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Hi Im having trouble getting Simple Radio to work. I have followed the link and downloaded and extracted the files in the proper directories, however Im missing the overlay .exe file in the installed directory.

Is this normal? Is the overlay required for SR to work? If I tune to the correct frequency in my plane of choice, will I be able to hear the SR/GCI chat? One other thing, when I run SR I can see that my mic works (the blue bar moves) however I can't hear my own voice.

The old overlay extra exe is no longer needed. Press show overlay on the main window and it should appear. The original video is a bit out of date :)

If it doesnt there is a reset button in the settings panel for the overlay position (at the bottom?), press that and then try toggling the overlay again with button on the interface.

I cant post screenshots as I've only got a mac at the moment so i can't run the radio and this is from memory :)

Make sure you've got the right output device selected. If you can see Blue bars for input and output after pressing preview, turn preview off and try a different output device. It should work fine when you pick the right one :)

I really do appreciate the help that you guys post each other here as that what makes a good community so a big thank you to those that help out and help others in other places :)

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

If it doesnt there is a reset button in the settings panel for the overlay position (at the bottom?), press that and then try toggling the overlay again with button on the interface.

Make sure you've got the right output device selected. If you can see Blue bars for input and output after pressing preview, turn preview off and try a different output device. It should work fine when you pick the right one :)

Hi Ciribob, I guess the "Reset overlay" button is rather on the last page bottom (Controls), while Toggle overlay is the one on the Settings page.

Hope you can resolve your situation soon tough. :thumbup:

Thanks Ciribob.

Dont give up. The vast majority of us appreciate your work and support you.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

...I developed this in my free time, for you all to enjoy, for free.... This comes off as pretty rude. "bla bla bla" - I wrote helpful instructions, ...

Sorry Ciribob! Ok, you did not understand me with that "bla, bla..." - i mean all solutions (for ex. on forum and all of them are not fix my problem) .. . I respect your work and as i said i`m one of first SR users but ... I folow all your instructions but no luck. Thank you for all your effort for our joy and I just wanted to say that just not work and app is uninstalled. Yes, i know is free and need time for maintenance. Few monts i`m without SR but problem is still here for some users and wiating stable or fixed version. I did not want to denigrate your work. One more time, thanks.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Sorry Ciribob! Ok, you did not understand me with that "bla, bla..." - i mean all solutions (for ex. on forum and all of them are not fix my problem) .. . I respect your work and as i said i`m one of first SR users but ... I folow all your instructions but no luck. Thank you for all your effort for our joy and I just wanted to say that just not work and app is uninstalled. Yes, i know is free and need time for maintenance. Few monts i`m without SR but problem is still here for some users and wiating stable or fixed version. I did not want to denigrate your work. One more time, thanks.

No worries, language and tone on the internet are tricky! :)

Thanks for the nice reply and hopefully I can solve this for you with some of the work I have planned :thumbup:

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ciribob, is there a way to make a client auto-connect without getting into a plane? Trying to setup a radio channel server side basicly for testing, maybe turn it into or add an ATIS channel one day.

And do spectators have a certain position? E: Still a valid question, i got a lot of static but even when there was no audio source playing.. changing the frequency of Virtual audio cable to 48Khz fixed it.

Coug4r, Have you had any luck with this? If so, may I inquire as to your approach?

I'm considering playing with it myself until such time Ciribob can include a native one. :music_whistling:

I'm assuming your approach was to have a text to speech client loop with the PTT set to pressed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Decided to give ATIS a go. Initial test was a qualified success (I had to perform MacGyver-ish feats to keep the PTT depressed on the machine hosting the ATIS.)

But, from the spectator window on a separate machine, I was able to connect to our multiplayer server, tune a frequency for the ATIS to play on, and play the looped recording (an MP3 played through Windows Media Player, that was generated with text to speech software).

Quick and dirty, but it works. Pay no attention to the actual ATIS format, I hastily typed it up for the text to speech test.

Edited by Dojo
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to report back, managed to get it to work! Yay. At least I think I did, I only tried it on Blue Flag and it seems I can connect to the server and dial in the frequencies. Since Im flying RED & there were no other people online on SR I couldn't test it 100%, but I think Im good. Thanks everyone :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Coug4r, Have you had any luck with this? If so, may I inquire as to your approach?

I'm considering playing with it myself until such time Ciribob can include a native one. :music_whistling:

I'm assuming your approach was to have a text to speech client loop with the PTT set to pressed?

Yeah got that working (although stopped hosting). The mission creates an ATIS info file which is read by an external application, that application runs a some small application for the text to speech conversion and plays the output a couple of times before it reloads the ATIS info and starts over again. Using Virtual audio cable and for the PTT button FreePie + vJoy.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Yeah got that working (although stopped hosting). The mission creates an ATIS info file which is read by an external application, that application runs a some small application for the text to speech conversion and plays the output a couple of times before it reloads the ATIS info and starts over again. Using Virtual audio cable and for the PTT button FreePie + vJoy.

I arrived at vJoy last night, so sounds like we're on the same page there. I didn't need FreePie though (the built in Feeder was sufficient to maintain the button press).

The mission creates an ATIS info file which is read by an external application

I'm curious to know what you mean by this. Might you be willing to hop on Teamspeak to discuss your setup?

I'll PM if so and thanks in advance!

Edited by Dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Decided to give ATIS a go. Initial test was a qualified success (I had to perform MacGyver-ish feats to keep the PTT depressed on the machine hosting the ATIS.)

But, from the spectator window on a separate machine, I was able to connect to our multiplayer server, tune a frequency for the ATIS to play on, and play the looped recording (an MP3 played through Windows Media Player, that was generated with text to speech software).

Quick and dirty, but it works. Pay no attention to the actual ATIS format, I hastily typed it up for the text to speech test.

Thats awesome!

Thanks for sharing, thats interesting to see :)

Having something play for a connected client is an interesting idea, I'll add to the list. It'll need to be implemented clientside but i'll think of something

Having something play for a connected client is an interesting idea, I'll add to the list. It'll need to be implemented clientside but i'll think of something

I believe implementing it in the client would be totally fine... as I'm running this from the "client" on my server, just connected locally to itself. I solved my PTT issue with vJoy, which I'm totally certain you could solve easily within the client interface.

If you're going to look... (I know... I know... totally giving you more work), the more challenging item for us is extracting the weather from the mission, converting it to the ATIS format, and then pumping it into a text-to-speech program to generate the audio file... that of course Simple Radio would then play repeatedly on a designated frequency.

One of my squadmates pointed me at this: http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DCS_singleton_atmosphere, which of course can get the weather out of the mission. :::Liam Neeson Voice::: I need your particular set of skills to bring this home!

Again, I know you've got a long list, so I've been trying to create bandaids in the meantime!

Edited by Dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could also use FreePie to press the vJoy button like once every 10 secs or so :)

I suppose I'm not following the issue... vJoy Feeder keeps the button permanently pressed for me. Could you elaborate on what problem pressing it every 10 seconds solves?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Google says that could be due to 1000 of different things and it comes from Library code not mine... :/ Very annoying as the API I switched to should be the most likely to work! Oh well.

I've added a build to the 1.2.8.1 release for you thats exactly the same but the old audio API (https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest). Just install over the one you've got at the minute.

Eventually it'll be a button in settings to switch between the two but for now try that. :thumbup:

Sorry for the issue.

I'm also away from tonight for a lot of the week so won't be able to help much with troubleshooting.

Hi and thank you for your awesome work, this is a much needed addition to DCS.

I tried installing the latest version but it wouldn't work with the new API. Then stumbled upon this post and it fixed the issue. Is there any other fix for this ? I hope we can maintain support of the old API !

Cheers :pilotfly:

Ok, quick update, but I still need some more help.

Managed to get SRS to work (sort of, finally!) and I can hear chatter on Blue Flag. Yay.

Now, how do I transmit? :) How do I choose the radio to transmit on? First VHF radio was green, does that mean I had mike on continuos transmition? Second radio was tuned to GCI and was orange. I could hear the chatter on that, but had no idea how to switch to it and transmit on it?

I fly the Mirage mainly, so what exactly do I need to bind anything in the SRS client software, or is it possible to just use binds from the DCS settings? I would prefer to use the in game settings to bind the relevant keys, to switch radios and the push to talk key if that is possible as I fly true fullscreen (ALT+ENTER) for better and smoother FPS.

Thanks again people.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Managed to solve all issues. Thanks to all!

I hate to be that guy, and clutter up the thread, but SRS has stopped working for me too.

I've tried to reinstall and delete the export.lua, added files and extra bit code for Viggen but I get no sound and overlay just says Unknown. What am I missing? Didnt have any problem before.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.