[REPORTED] Post-2.5.6 HUD Horizon-line Inconsistent

WingC3

New issue to the 2.5.6 patch: The HUD horizon line is not slaved/locked to the gyro/INS orientation information (I'm not sure which is the primary input for this IRL).

Instead of being fixed to the actual horizon, it is affected by the weight and loading of the aircraft. Unlike the gun cross, which is a static indicator of the aircraft's nose position, the horizon line should be fixed to the actual horizon and corrected by gyro/INS inputs. It should not be affected by the position of the nose or weighting of the aircraft. (And it wasn't before this patch, nor is it affected this way in any other aircraft.)

See attached image of the horizon line above the actual horizon. Also see youtube link where horizon position is corrected by adding 2 300 gal tanks. (Tanks are added at 4:22) (This should not affect the horizon position....)

Thx

Screen_200214_233107.thumb.png.de92d49a33b151f357c6274aa46cd7fc.png

Edited by WingC3

Silly question: Where to tracks from instant action go? I'm used to multiplayer, but this was done in SP.
You have to manually save the SP track on the mission debrief screen

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Here's a short track

Here's a short track. Notice that de-arming and re-arming moves both the horizon line and the gun cross. Only the gun cross should have moved.

It does appear to still be *somewhat* tied to the horizon, but there's some correction value that is now wrong it seems.

Track here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g6LMfJFqjCp7X6aGP5lJxbO3cGTL-pIn/view?usp=sharing

This isn't just an issue with the horizon line, it appears ALL HUD elements are offset a few degrees up in certain circumstances (Cold start possibly?). This Includes FPM, CCIP bomb pipper, steerpoint diamond and tgt/tpod locator box.

Do you need a track NL?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• ED Team
Cruising at 24,000ft and the horizon line is about 3 degrees above the actual horizon.

I think it is different from the first message. And your situation is correct, the higher your altitude, the bigger difference between the horizon line and the actual horizon.

Regarding the main issue, did you start coldm hot or it doesn't affect the behaviour? A short track showing the problem would be helpful, thanks!

I think it is different from the first message. And your situation is correct, the higher your altitude, the bigger difference between the horizon line and the actual horizon.

Regarding the main issue, did you start coldm hot or it doesn't affect the behaviour? A short track showing the problem would be helpful, thanks!

Totally agree! Flying at 23000ft there should be a difference between horizon Line and actual horizon

Ok here is a track of it.

I experience this on every cold start.

The track shows the following, Horizon line, pitch ladder and FPM are offset a couple of degrees upwards, making them unreliable for precision use.

Steerpoint HUD symbology and TPOD box also offset by the same amount. TPOD is looking at a tank, HUD shows that TPOD is looking at 2 degrees above said tank.

I then do a CCIP dive attack on a small island with Mk84 bombs, usually very accurate (Note, no mission wind). Bombs fall short which shows that the CCIP pipper is also shifted upwards and unreliable.

Finally come in for a strafe attack against the same target, rounds also fall short, showing the AG gun pipper is also shifted.

Not shown in the track but In my testing I have tried Air to Air stuff and that does not seem to be effected.

Hope its helpful

D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2n1h2tltx7behb/HUD%20Shift%20F-16.trk?dl=0

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Did my track help? Can we get this reported please?

Proud owner of:

It was a cold start in the instant action cold and dark. I attached a track a few posts down already. Let me know if the link is not working.

I'll give this a try on Caucasus and Nevada and see if it is indeed a PG thing.

Edited by WingC3

I tried Caucasus and Nevada, and they seemed to be where they should, let me know what you see

I get it in Caucasus. Can provide track if needed.

Proud owner of:

Here you go NL,

Sorry it took a while..

I seem to get it any Cold/Dark situation, If I spawn the jet hot its fine.

Everybody I fly with online is also getting the same bug in the same scenarios.

HUD Shift F-16 NTTR.trk

HUD Shift F-16 Cauc.trk

Proud owner of:

Cool thanks NL! :thumbup:

Please remember to note that it’s not just the horizon line that is displaced, it’s the pitch ladder, FPM and all air-ground symbology including steerpoints, CCIP pipper and the TGP/CCRP target marker.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of: