[INVESTIGATING]Game loads now 2-3 times longer then before to get in the main menue

Neuse

• ED Team
For me its seems like its stuck at 10% forever. I have already tried a repair.

viacom seems to be creating a problem, please remove it and test again

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

please remove all unofficial mods ( if any)

run a cleanup and repair

delete your metashader 2 and fxo folder in saved games dcs folder

restart dcs ( first load will take longer while it creates new shaders )

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yep , same , though i find this to be the least of 2.6's problems :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Had same problem, game stuck in loading screen, starting only if i did repair.

Renamed DCS.openbeta and game started OK (it creates a new folder).

The difference between them was full screen (when creates a new DCS.openbeta folder it starts like default settings).

So, i deleted the newly created DCS.openbeta, renamed back the old one, entered here: youruser\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config and opened options.lua in notepad++.

Searched for "screen", and on line 65 you should have

["fullScreen"] = true,

Changed that value to false

["fullScreen"] = false,

and started again the game.

Now it opens without problem, no stuck or long times to wait - and it is on fullcreen.

I don't have any explanations for that, attached is the last log from DCS.

dcs.zip

please remove all unofficial mods ( if any)

run a cleanup and repair

delete your metashader 2 and fxo folder in saved games dcs folder

restart dcs ( first load will take longer while it creates new shaders )

Tryed all this but after a half hours (at least) loading I was tired of waiting. Hope they will fix this soon...

Since the latest update

(7700K 4,5Ghz, 2080 TI, 32GB 3200mhz ram, SSD)

Before it was like maybe 10-15 sek

That would be a total dream... my loadup time to cockpit went from ~3 minutes (~1 of that to get to the main menu) to 15-20 minutes (depending on if i had DCS up already). Not to mention the blackness... i'll just wait for the hotfix ajmug.png

More details: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4211775&postcount=9

Well, that's what betas are there for fsgrin.png

Not being able to use the latest build of DCS is far better than losing the Windows profile... #earlyaccessgalore #kb4532693 dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The loading time is also clearly longer than before. About 1 minute from the shortcut double click to the main menu.

In attachment, you'll find the DCS log, just launch the game, access the main menu and exit to desktop session. No mod installed, no vaicom, no voice attack launched, PC fully reinstalled one week ago. The game has been launched in monitor mode, but the time is the same in VR mode.

The loading of the sounds seems to be the issue or the many module autorization web request maybe...

Not a huge issue overall but hope it can help to reduce the loading time :)

dcs.txt

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

I have carried out BigNewys advice and it took out some skins, I selected to delete them and it Has improved the load time really well. Selected a fairly vanilla flight and to M2000 fair flashes ocher the snowy scenery in the Caucasus map, so a result thanks.

Not tried a mod stuffed Nellis yet, but A vanilla NTTR range map with the F-16 seemed fast. Anything else does not work it’ll be me overdoing the free toys. Thanks BigNewey

• ED Team
I have carried out BigNewys advice and it took out some skins, I selected to delete them and it Has improved the load time really well. Selected a fairly vanilla flight and to M2000 fair flashes ocher the snowy scenery in the Caucasus map, so a result thanks.

Not tried a mod stuffed Nellis yet, but A vanilla NTTR range map with the F-16 seemed fast. Anything else does not work it’ll be me overdoing the free toys. Thanks BigNewey

No problem and thanks for the info.

The team are looking into the issues and nineline and myself have highlighted issues tot he team

thank you

Minor update to my earlier post. I have a fictional 'boneyard' down by Jean airport. After my last I still had a slow slightly stuttery F-16 that was gave me sore eyes when trying to take off. Went round all my locations and checked each entry. I had a series of hawks's in boneyard as static aircraft with the various skins. swopped them out for the KC-10 static, and cleared out some client helo's and an F-14. Fair hammered up to the NTTR Range to see if the targets are still visible, sure are but I was motoring by then no stutters since. So made a backup (MASTER MIZ) and deleted all my other mission that I'd made. Happier bunny now...now I can go admire the scenery

I've got no mods and I can see it takes longer for quite a few ares, it may be some prepwork, file cheks, license checks, network delays, but it's nothing like what some people are saying for me, it's really not that extreme here.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria