MFG Pedals

I have bought my MFGs in 2016. While they certainly are of good quality, you may argue about them being "the best". Based on what comparison? What other pedals do you use? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I have bought my MFGs in 2016. While they certainly are of good quality, you may argue about them being "the best". Based on what comparison? What other pedals do you use? :huh:

They are, hands down, the best pedals I have bolted to my home cockpit! :pilotfly:

Seriously, they're nice and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I bought the little adjustment shims and narrowed mine up for use in the simpit. The pedals and the chair are bolted together (indirectly) so I don't get motion issues.

I've also had really good luck with support.

I also haven't tried any of the other high-end pedals out there. If someone needs a real comparison the guys to talk to are Spud/Jabbers/GS/the guys who get samples for reviews.

I went from Saitek Combat Rudders to these, about 3 years ago. One of the best moves I ever did. I love my MFG's. But that's the only comparison I have. As noted above Jabbers and other can give a better perspective on a more diverse test sampling. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I went from Saitek Combat Rudders to these, about 3 years ago. One of the best moves I ever did. I love my MFG's. But that's the only comparison I have. As noted above Jabbers and other can give a better perspective on a more diverse test sampling. :-)

I also went from the Saitek Combats to MFG Crosswinds in Dec 2015 which was right around the time I retired.

They are great pedals and are a real pleasure to use, have not had a single glitch with them - and I use them practically on a daily basis.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have several pairs of peds - CH pedals x3, Saitek Combat pedals x 2, Simpeds, VKB pedals, Slaw 109Cam pedals, MFG xwind, and Slaw RX Viper pedals, among others.

While MFG are good pedals, claiming they are the "best" is a bit of a stretch right now IMO with the Slaw Viper RX out there, and the Virpil peds as well.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Been using my pair of MFG since 2016 not one problem. If Milan release the combat pedal upgrade he planned that would make them even better!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I prefer the construction of the Slaws

Agreed, IMO Slaw's construction materials, design, and attention to detail is the best among all custom rudder pedals makers (and mass produced such as the TM pedals as well). I haven't gotten a set of the new Virpil pedals as of yet though, as the highest level model they sell is still out of stock, but that's the only set out there really out of those currently used and common that I haven't tried and compared yet.

Slaws do cost a lot of $$$ though, but dealing with him is easy, good comms, and relatively straightforward banking instructions (you have to do a xfer, no paypal or credit card, but that's NBD in my experience).

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Had the MFG Crosswind as well. Milan is a great guy to work with and the pedals are great. But the footrest were not my liking and he failed to deliver the combat footrest he announced in like 2015...

Sold mine and purchased the TPR. IMHO they are better feeling product, but of course more expensive.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Been using my pair of MFG since 2016 not one problem. If Milan release the combat pedal upgrade he planned that would make them even better!
Me to,they working like New and they could perfect adjusted for any kind of Aircraft. In times of VR,i don't need the Combat upgrade anymore,the realistic and smooth feeling, is more important now.

@ micsmotionsimulator

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Slavs and alike are more sophisticated and might be considered better in that regard indeed, but they're also much more expensive. That's why I went for MFGs after all, they were pricey but still within range of ordinary-job guy.

MFGs just offer excellent value for their pricetag and I think it's good that not all boutique-hardware suppliers ask the same (very high) amount for their products. Some diversity is needed in this particular controllers market segment as well. It's a bit like gfx cards with 2070/2080 Supers versus 2080Tis.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Slavs and alike are more sophisticated and might be considered better in that regard indeed, but they're also much more expensive. That's why I went for MFGs after all, they were pricey but still within range of ordinary-job guy.

MFGs just offer excellent value for their pricetag and I think it's good that not all boutique-hardware suppliers ask the same (very high) amount for their products. Some diversity is needed in this particular controllers market segment as well. It's a bit like gfx cards with 2070/2080 Supers versus 2080Tis.

Agreed, as a ratio, there is a good argument that cost/value, that the MFGs are the best as the OP said. Mine held up well to a year of daily flying another online MMO Flight sim that's existed since 1999, a good 4 hours a day when I was using them.

$$$ being no object, IMO Slaw, and probably Virpil (we'll soon see so far as my opinion once mine become available and arrive), are unbeatable.

Systems

I have several pairs of peds - CH pedals x3, Saitek Combat pedals x 2, Simpeds, VKB pedals, Slaw 109Cam pedals, MFG xwind, and Slaw RX Viper pedals, among others.

While MFG are good pedals, claiming they are the "best" is a bit of a stretch right now IMO with the Slaw Viper RX out there, and the Virpil peds as well.

Agree.

Other than the VKB and Saitek pedals you mention, I have all the other pedals you mentioned. Even though The Simped pedals are the oldest, they are still working fine. I've gotten so much use out of them over the years that I'd rate them my all-time favorites.

But as far as present day pedals, there is no question in my mind that Slaw's pedals rate number one.

...best pedals you can think of....

https://mfg-sim.com

(I'm not associated with owner or his business)

Please explain why did you do this stupid, nothing contributing post?

1. Here, in this Forum we have a dedicated topic about MFG. Use your brain and fingers and search function.

2. I dont see nothing new from MFG why the post like this was published.

3. I dont see any your review, videos, pictures, optinion just "the best...", best for what and why?

4. I like MFG (and Im own also) but you did a mess and waste of time for many = trolling.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Used, if not buy owning, then at least buy flying and testing on various locations almost all of those, and I would have recommend others than MDF based pedals for long term simulation just by knowledge how easily one can eventually damage MDF those pedals uses.

Then when finally VKB came out with the Mk.IV pedals, I couldn't resist to try out those. And these days my opinion is that they are simply the best things I can recommend. As I don't take anymore any pedals that I need to move with my legs, instead just with feets. The VKB pedals are most relaxing ones to set regardless are you sitting in office chair or are you in a ejection seat attitude (low height, feets far forward), and most importantly you don't even notice them after few minutes of taking them in use. You just use them by thinking you would like to use rudders.

For a long time I hold an opinion that rudder pedals needs to have the braking pedal function. Until I simply needed to clarify it for myself that no, I don't need them on any aircraft since the F/A-18C came out. That is why I could change my mind with the VKB pedals because those do not have braking pedals function without modifier, and so on not even needed to place that functionality as there really ain't any reason to use any asymmetric braking with fighters.

Most of the times goes anyways flying, and when landing, taking-off and taxiing those are just obsolete features for simulators.

From the engineering viewpoint, it is usually better simpler the design is. It becomes more sturdier and far less likely to get any damage from any point. And if mechanism can be made simple, it will as well withstand longer all kind forces. And one can't really make simpler than what VKB has made.

But does it make the VKB ones best? No. Because people will have different opinions like how the rudder pedals needs to be authentic for their favorite aircraft. But I can't anymore use in simulation any twisting rudder pedals, as they are nowhere near the same function and feedback that real pedals are. And that is as well one reason why I can use different kind input device in simulation as it fits far better for its purpose.

I believe that anyone who comes from the CH, Thrustmaster, Saitek, Logitech etc consumer grade plastic pedals to these more expensive ones, will find out that investment for higher quality is greatly increased benefit in capability to use these other pedals. Like I would take anything from the above mentioned ones if the alternative is to use something like from Saitek.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The VKB pedals are most relaxing ones to set regardless are you sitting in office chair or are you in a ejection seat attitude (low height, feets far forward), and most importantly you don't even notice them after few minutes of taking them in use. You just use them by thinking you would like to use rudders.

Same here in my Cockpit with the Build in MFG Crosswind V2.

@ micsmotionsimulator

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

I've owned the VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV, MFG Crosswind, Baur BRD-F2, and Slaw pedals before, all at the same time, which let me compare and contrast them directly with each other instead of relying on memory. I wrote my impressions of them on Reddit:

I've recently sold the other 3 and kept the Slaw pedals, but if I didn't have the Slaw pedals, I'd probably keep the MFG. In short, the MFG Crosswind is not the "best", depending on how you define what "best" is, but they are a fantastic value for the price.

Edited by Ranma13

For me the T-rudders are the ones I keep going back to.That said they aren't perfect.More tension would work for me and the lack of toe brakes makes me sad as you really need them to even take off in some WW2 birds.

Someone needs to try Ruddo rudder pedals.They look amazing but the only people that buy them are civilian sim pilots.

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle