iControl DCS - Android - interest check

iControl DCS - Android - interest check  

229 members have voted

1. 1. iControl DCS - Android - interest check

• Yes
    • No

It's here! Grab it while it's hot!

For the initial launch, switches and dials aren't in - so radios are out. They'll be coming soon as an additional in-app purchase.

Right now you can get live MFCDs, CDU and UFC. Grab the "all" package to get everything at a lower price than individual unlocks.

It's free to try so give it a shot! http://bit.ly/1hDt8pr

For those of you looking for just a CDU, you can get that now!

Feedback is welcome and encouraged. Updates will be coming soon. I'll do my best to get this up to par with the iPad app as soon as possible!

Edited by boarder2
Closed beta!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

• 1 month later...

This thing would finally be the reason for me to buy a tablett...

Gallus caelum imperabit... :pilotfly:

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, AMD Phenom II X6 @3.7, 16GB DDR3, ASUS Radeon HD 6950, OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB, ACER 24" 1920x1200 + LG 19" 1280x1024, Logitech G930, Saitek X52, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR-5 Pro

• 1 month later...

I would buy it, but not via android app store: they require credit card payment, which I don't own. However, I've seen many apps that allow upgrades to the full version via payPal payment or similar payment systems. So, if it comes (which I hope) then please consider alternative payment systems to google checkout.

I know I am going to get flamed for this... forget the Android and add more stuff to the iPad version. :D

At the moment I'm holding off to see what Ice Cream Sandwich makes of the phones and tablets already on the market.

I imagine (and hope) that Google will make the Android SDK more approchable and easier to use without having to do a bunch of goofy stuff to support all the different devices.

So for now the Android project is on hold :(

The bonus for that is that I get more time to refine the networking code and may have a pretty good frame rate solution for the next build, with less hit to the server CPU and all changes made to the server will affect any device this gets ported to. More FPS for everyone!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

ryyy, the issue is that Android isn't a homogenous platform. (I'm saying this as an Android fan). It's a bit like PC's vs consoles. It's harder to program for PC than to program for console. Simple fact.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Touch Your Pit.....

That has to be about the worst logo I have EVER heard.

Yes. I am very interested. Any chance of seeing this on Nook Color?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I almost, ... and somewhat foolishly, considered buying an iPad thingie, just to use your iControl software, ... amongst other things obviously. :smilewink:

Fortunately, I came to my senses and bought a Motorola Xoom. :thumbup:

Great machine, and most pleased with my purchase. However, it is just screaming out to have iControl running on it. :joystick:

So, I would be most appreciative if you could release an Android version of it. No rush, .. but, .. tomorrow or the day after would be great. :thumbup:

Ta awfully,

Cheers .. :drink:

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Im considering buying a ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime or another android tablet.The ice cream looks a great future.There are any news on Icontrol for android?

No significant progress to note, although I have started. Is still low on the list. But the list is getting shorter, so hopefully I'll be able to make a legitimate effort here in the next few months!

No significant progress to note, although I have started. Is still low on the list. But the list is getting shorter, so hopefully I'll be able to make a legitimate effort here in the next few months!

Thx for the answer.I hope you have good luky and a sweet experience with android.Im currently using a samsung ace as 2 monitor (idisplay) + touchbudy to put some cdu buttons , so i have a 480p touchscreen :P.Not the best solution but funny as hell.

Fly and let fly

Thx for the answer.I hope you have good luky and a sweet experience with android.Im currently using a samsung ace as 2 monitor (idisplay) + touchbudy to put some cdu buttons , so i have a 480p touchscreen :P.Not the best solution but funny as hell.

If it helps at all, I've got Eclipse up right now and I'm working on it! :)

It's going to get put on hold again when the new iPad arrives and I rework the graphic assets for the new resolution, but I'll pick it back up as soon as that's done...