F-16 or F/A-18?

F-16 or F/A-18?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. F-16 or F/A-18?

• F-16
    • F/A-18
    • No preference between those two

I prefer F-16 than F-18 in first addon after Ka-50 and Apache... F-16 is similar to me and it is live legend :D After A-10 and Su-39. Off course well modelled, not like we have now. Unrealisti so much eeh...

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

F/A-18. The model is pretty much complete, and more than likely, the coding was either started or worked on before Ubisoft said "no". While the F-16 itself isn't shabby, it'd take longer than the F/A-18 anyways.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

To what did Ubi say "no"?

The F/A-18

I want the F/A-18. Everything the F-16 can do, and more. We don't need another Falcon 4.0.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

they did?

That's my understanding. Some one PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Aeroscout, what are you basing your understanding on? I don't think it has every been made public exactly what Ubi told ED regarding the release of LOMAC. I would guess it was simply that ED had run out of dev time and they must deliver the product by a certain date. That would certainly explain the state of LOMAC 1.00. It would also explain at least part of ED's wish to cut ties with Ubi. So that they could run on their own schedule and never be forced to release an unfinished product.

But as I said, it has never been made public information and it probably never will. We are left to fill in the blanks as best as we can. But I do seem to remember the above events discussed on the old Ubi forum.

Guest Crazy_Eyes

Viper please I was never a fan of Falcon 4.0 but I'd love to see an AFM Viper with multirole capabilities, IFF, 6DOF, clickable cockpit, HMS, NV and datalink.

Aeroscout, what are you basing your understanding on? I don't think it has every been made public exactly what Ubi told ED regarding the release of LOMAC. I would guess it was simply that ED had run out of dev time and they must deliver the product by a certain date. That would certainly explain the state of LOMAC 1.00. It would also explain at least part of ED's wish to cut ties with Ubi. So that they could run on their own schedule and never be forced to release an unfinished product.

But as I said, it has never been made public information and it probably never will. We are left to fill in the blanks as best as we can. But I do seem to remember the above events discussed on the old Ubi forum.

so are you saying I'm right or wrong? As for what i'm basing my understanding on is what EricJ said and others. (such as the ubi forums and a few rumors here.)

Sorry if i pissed you off.

Sorry if i pissed you off.

What in the world made you think you pissed me off? :thumbup:

It's cool, brother. (Maybe I should type lighter) :D

And I'm not telling you you were right or wrong because when it comes down to it, we don't really know what Ubi told ED. But it doesn't make much sense for Ubi to tell ED to specifically leave out the Hornet. But in telling ED that the product must be delivered by a certain date, that may have been the result.

F-18 and advanced carrier.

F-18C/D + advanced carrier = Carrier OPS :thumbup:

...catapult steam effect, moving elevators, crew services :thumbup:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Viper please I was never a fan of Falcon 4.0 but I'd love to see an AFM Viper with multirole capabilities, IFF, 6DOF, clickable cockpit, HMS, NV and datalink.

Yep, and a nice fully clickable cockpit without the 2d TIR-headache flick, such a realism killer. Though a Hornet for carrier ops would be nice too.

I'll fence this one.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org