1.5.8 and 2.2.0 to 2.5 transition Discussion

USSR_Rik

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
What about switched versions? If I installed RELEASE first and then I switched it using updater.exe to OPEN ALPHA but in my SAVED GAMES folder still shows "DCS" (release config) does this installation will be treaten as initially installed RELEASE or OPEN ALPHA?

OpenAlpha in your case.

• Like 1

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Will stage 1 (beta update) and stage 2 (release update) both be available by the end of January?

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Will 1.5.8 receive a final patch before it goes "unsupported"? There should be a few bug fixes in the pipeline for several modules for, I think, a few weeks by now. If those would still make it into the 1.5.8 version, I bet it would be greatly appreciated by those who opt to keep 1.5.8.

...and that is correct understanding as well (that's why public Open Beta exists after all). Some people just accept this risk and use it anyway, while others, with enough space on their drives, have both versions installed to cover all options.

So people who dont wanna have beta version should wait untill 2.5 stable is out. whenever that is. Lets hope its released soon after beta. cant wait to fly on the new caucauss :megalol:

When will stage 2 (release update) be available?

Two more extra weeks after stage 1 (beta update)?

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

I have a 1 TB SSD (Samsung 850 Pro) specially reserved for DCS. :smartass:

So besides DCS 1.5.8 Final Release and 2.2.x Open Alpha I just started installing DCS 1.5.8 Open Beta. :joystick:

I hope that move will still let me update to the DCS 2.5 Open Beta version by the end of January. :thumbup:

So besides DCS 1.5.8 Final Release and 2.2.x Open Alpha I just started installing DCS 1.5.8 Open Beta. :joystick:

I hope that move will still let me update to the DCS 2.5 Open Beta version by the end of January. :thumbup:

I TB is enough for all the versions of DCS. I bought 250 GB samsung SSD specially for DCS 2.5. But I will wait for the stable release. :thumbup:

i don't have anything installed.

will i have 2.5 release this month? or OB untill release version?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Do I understand this correctly, that there will be a seperate installer for 2.5 OB for people who don't have 1.5 OB installed and that it will come about a day after the 2.5 OB update has been rolled out?

Yes, that's what has been said. It's the same way the Open Alpha was released IIRC.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Guys! About running low in space on SSDs:

1) Install the release in any drive you have space (let's say on your old '80s HD).

After installed and everything is running fine,

2) Delete the old unused DCS from SSD,

3) Copy the new installation to the SSD, find the DCS.exe inside the DCS World folder and create a shortcut to it (in Desktop)

4) Right Click on Shortcut and and add -repair at the end of target file as the example above:

"C:\programs\ED\bin\DCS.exe" will be like this:

"C:\programs\ED\bin\DCS.exe" -repair

5) Run the shortcut, game will check files and update its own installation folder on Registry

6) After completed (it will not take longer), remove -repair from shortcut and be happy playing

Who cares...

Just removed open beta last week so time to reinstall, I do like how it copies as much as it can from 1.5.8 release version though rather than redownloading. Now, is there enough space on the SSD :)

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Just removed open beta last week so time to reinstall, I do like how it copies as much as it can from 1.5.8 release version though rather than redownloading. Now, is there enough space on the SSD :)

same here :D :music_whistling:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I bet the 2.5 Open beta is released tomorrow!!! :D

The Branch comes the 29th... next week!! The promise is being kept!

Good job ED... Keep it coming... Big and fast...:thumbup:

Ussr_Rik, Coff and Matt in one thread, in one day..... Whoooo... :D

Never seen this before. So i bet it's tomorrow. Release Open Beta 2.5!!! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Ussr_Rik, Coff and Matt in one thread, in one day..... Whoooo... :D

Never seen this before.

So.... if everyone is in Engineering, who's on the Bridge?

Anyway....

YEAH!!!! It's almost February!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Just in case, the updater seeks for the installed versions in the registry, the paths are expected to be in:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha"

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World OpenBeta"

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World"

string value "Path".

I do not have such entries in the registry. There are only entries of specific modules. I did update and repair and nothing has changed.

I do not have such entries in the registry. There are only entries of specific modules. I did update and repair and nothing has changed.

I was in your same situation.

I've simply added this strings manually in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World OpenBeta

and for each of them i've added a string called "Path" with the folder of installation.

I hope it will works.

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

Why? You could have just updated the 2.2.0 to 2.5 Beta if I understand this correctly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Just in case, the updater seeks for the installed versions in the registry, the paths are expected to be in:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha"

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World OpenBeta"

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World"

string value "Path".

Thanks for doing this

For those that have missing reg keys and you are unsure how to add

them I have attached a zip file with an reg file in it. With all 3 DCS branches set

Just merge it with your registry and then open regedit to change the path as necessary, I hope this helps someone

Eagle Dynamics.zip

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests