I Do Not Understand DCS...Please Help - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-16-2019, 11:24 PM   #21
The Falcon

..and is beatifull
The Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:05 AM   #22
freemind_fly

Nevertheless DCS lacks a quick mission system where you can setup appropriate opponents to your skill level with three mouse clicks.
freemind_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #23
The Falcon

DCS lacks dynamics campaing like we know what..
The Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:40 AM   #24
freemind_fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
DCS lacks dynamics campaing like we know what..
Agree, but that’s another issue.
freemind_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #25
Overparduffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemind_fly View Post
Nevertheless DCS lacks a quick mission system where you can setup appropriate opponents to your skill level with three mouse clicks.
This one isn't 3 clicks but it's not far off. A2A, A2G, any plane or heli, easy, medium, hard, etc.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3246885/
Overparduffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:12 PM   #26
Zius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacleyCole View Post
I hate to say this but maybe since dcs is a study level sim, even the fc3 aircraft require more than basic flight skills to master imo, it isn’t for you from your op.
I cannot disagree with this more.

DCS aims to be a simulation (i.e. an as-close-as-possible replication of reality), so if something proves to be too difficult, then there are a few things you can do:
- Choose a simpler aircraft. The Yak-52 is much simpler to fly and operate than any FC3 aircraft, yet is a much closer simulation of reality.
- Start with easy tasks and then slowly progress to more complex tasks.
- Spend time learning the aircraft itself rather than wanting to dogfight immediately.

Incidentally, this is the same as any airforce cadet does. Start with a simple trainer, practice take-off and landing, followed by navigation, aerobatics etc. Then go for a more complex jet trainer, practice with simple weapons employment training. Finally convert to a "real" fighter and perform real combat missions. Some people then convert back to jet trainers and become aggressors / instructors.

Personally I don't have a lot of time either, so I usually fly a simple aircraft (Albatros mostly) on simple missions via the mission editor.

It doesn't matter, as long as you have fun!
Old 02-19-2019, 09:23 PM   #27
Harlikwin

As a relatively new DCS guy, (unless you count lomac 2 decades ago). I think the best advice is to get 1 module, and just start working with it. And I think making your own missions isn't that hard, its pretty easy to setup a 1 on 1 vs whatever opfor air you want in the editor if A-A is your thing, or you vs some trucks/BTR's for A/G. And just work your way up from that. And start easy, set the AI to dummy mode until it becomes easy enough to kill him, then turn the AI up and try it again. Same thing for the opfor aircraft, start with something clearly inferior and work your way up.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:18 AM   #28
enigma6584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zius View Post
I cannot disagree with this more.

DCS aims to be a simulation (i.e. an as-close-as-possible replication of reality), so if something proves to be too difficult, then there are a few things you can do:
- Choose a simpler aircraft. The Yak-52 is much simpler to fly and operate than any FC3 aircraft, yet is a much closer simulation of reality.
- Start with easy tasks and then slowly progress to more complex tasks.
- Spend time learning the aircraft itself rather than wanting to dogfight immediately.

Incidentally, this is the same as any airforce cadet does. Start with a simple trainer, practice take-off and landing, followed by navigation, aerobatics etc. Then go for a more complex jet trainer, practice with simple weapons employment training. Finally convert to a "real" fighter and perform real combat missions. Some people then convert back to jet trainers and become aggressors / instructors.

Personally I don't have a lot of time either, so I usually fly a simple aircraft (Albatros mostly) on simple missions via the mission editor.

It doesn't matter, as long as you have fun!
Well said Zius.
enigma6584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:11 AM   #29
lancerr

I had lock on and fc3 for 5 years. Would launch it once in a while, jump into f15, have no freaking clue what to do, get shot down.

Then i decided to approach it not as a game but a project. Started with the su27 and tutorials. Started reading manual. 30 mins a day to start with. Made it a habit - and started noticing improvements after a few days.

A simulation is not something you can jump into but the effort just increases the immersion and enjoyment of learning and getting better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
lancerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:02 PM   #30
Der Hirte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerr View Post

DCS is one of the very few applications which really deserves the title simulation. It's not a "game" and never will be (hopefully ED). It aches if some call it a game.
Der Hirte is offline   Reply With Quote