2 Issues - Viviane Tracking and RWR Needs Update

SnowTiger

Flying the SA342M by myself (multiplayer server) I Lock and Range a target using the Viviane.

Then when I hit "SLAVED" to get the Hot3 lined up correctly, the Viviane Camera VIEW goes completely and wildly Off Target, requiring more time to zoom out, relocate and then reacquire the target.

This leaves a hovering target vulnerable for much longer than should be necessary.

Can you please address this issue soon ?

Another thing that all Gazelle Pilots will surely also equally appreciate would be to get the RWR Symbology Updated ASAP.

Currently, aircraft such as the F-18 and "maybe" the Mirage? are shown as U (aka Unknown).

So you are trying to call the Buddy Spike, thinking it's an F-18 and you get shot up the keister by a Mirage instead.

Because more than 1 aircraft type in DCS shows up as Unknown, it takes an extended time to determine if it's Friend or Foe (and some servers/missions have F-18's on Both Blue and Red Teams).

So calling "Buddy Buddy" with hopes of a quick reply to prevent a Team Kill is Unnecessarily Time Consuming ... and results in many preventable deaths. Especially, when you don't know if its an F-18 or something else.

I would greatly appreciate a fast resolution to both of these issues.

Thanks in Advance PolyChop.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I'd like to add one other item that I believe is incorrect and should be easy to remedy quickly (I can only hope).

The Vertical Bar in the NADIR/ADF Indicator appears to be working backwards to that which I believe to be correct.

When the "Vertical Bar Source Selector Knob" is turned to "DOP" (for the NADIR Waypoint), the Vertical Bar should reflect the direct one must go to get to the current WP.

For Example: If the Vertical Bar is to the Right of Center, then one should have to steer to the Right (steer towards the Vertical Bar) to get on and stay on course.

It seems counter-intuitive especially when navigating in a fixed wing aircraft and using the equivalent vertical bar in an HSI to stay on glide slope for landing, one must steer towards the vertical bar.

However, the way it works now is when the Vertical Bar is to the Right of Center, we have to Steer Left to get back on course.

Surely, it is not "supposed" to be like this ? In fact, I recall a time when it didn't work as it does now ... it actually worked correctly.

Furthermore, when the "Vertical Bar Source Selector Knob" is set to "VIS" (VISEE – Camera Target Point), we have to steer Towards the Vertical Bar in order to point the Gazelle's nose, and more importantly, the HOT3's towards the target (or wherever the Viviane is currently pointing).

Can this instrument correction also be included in a Future Update SOON Please ?

{of course I'm assuming that it currently is broken and therefore requires correction as described !!!}

Could you provide some pics ?

I guess, when you speak about nadir/adf indicator, it's the IP152.

But on this indicator, there is not vertical bar who can go to the left or right.

"DOP" is doppler, so it will show your longitudinal speed and transversal speed on the attitude indicator.

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

As Wolf5 mentions the Nadir/adf does not have a vertical bar. only the nadir direction pointer and ADF signal pointer.

The switch that has "DOP" is intended for the attitude indicator or Horizon Indicator only. This switch has 4 modes;

OFF.

VIS, targeting camera relative to the position of the aircrafts nose, I am unsure if you mentioned this as a state of fact or a question? But this is targeting Camera relative to the aircrafts nose, the airframe's nose must move to the vertical line (cameras position) in order to ensure a firing solutuion. This is correct and it was always this way!

VHF ADF guidance emitter, points to any ADF source.

DOP.

In the manual DOP is explained as Nadir waypoint... and I am sure at one time or another I set this up as you state and it worked like this, it showed a nadir waypoint direction... I am sure!

But DOP now is the longitudinal and transversal speed laid over the attitude indicator. It is a function of the Doppler Radar and reads forward speed and drift left or right.

A perfect cross hair in the centre means a perfect hover.

As you accelerate out of the hover the horizontal bar drifts down (back) from centre until it disappears..... it will only come back once you decelerate and come to a hover.

If you accelaerate backwards the horizontal bar drifts forwards until it disappears (lots of backwards speed).

The vertical bar drifts in the opposite direction as you drift left or right when in a hover, it maintains a point of hover or a reference for forward flight path. It requires the opposite input to correct drift and maintain a perfect flight path to your destination. it is perfect for bringing the chopper into a hover. I think it may be useless for navigation in the Gazelle.

It is however perfect in the MI-8 where the Doppler radar is integrated into the inertial navigation system, here Doppler drift relative to the ground is used to perfectly calculate your course.

The NADIR/ADF is perfectly designed to be used for waypoint guidance.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Yup. I know you guys are correct about the DOP.

I'm not sure why I thought it should be a "directional" thing (even though it was in the very beginning).

So please disregard my comments regarding the DOP.

But I know I'm not the only one who would like the functions mentioned in my First Post addressed ASAP. Please and Thanks.

Thanks for the replies guys and for correcting me without treating me like an idiot (even though my request was a bit idiotic !).

• 1 month later...
Flying the SA342M by myself (multiplayer server) I Lock and Range a target using the Viviane.

Then when I hit "SLAVED" to get the Hot3 lined up correctly, the Viviane Camera VIEW goes completely and wildly Off Target, requiring more time to zoom out, relocate and then reacquire the target.

This leaves a hovering target vulnerable for much longer than should be necessary.

Can you please address this issue soon ?

Another thing that all Gazelle Pilots will surely also equally appreciate would be to get the RWR Symbology Updated ASAP.

Currently, aircraft such as the F-18 and "maybe" the Mirage? are shown as U (aka Unknown).

So you are trying to call the Buddy Spike, thinking it's an F-18 and you get shot up the keister by a Mirage instead.

Because more than 1 aircraft type in DCS shows up as Unknown, it takes an extended time to determine if it's Friend or Foe (and some servers/missions have F-18's on Both Blue and Red Teams).

So calling "Buddy Buddy" with hopes of a quick reply to prevent a Team Kill is Unnecessarily Time Consuming ... and results in many preventable deaths. Especially, when you don't know if its an F-18 or something else.

I would greatly appreciate a fast resolution to both of these issues.

Thanks in Advance PolyChop.

I can live with the RWR showing "U" for the F-18 and the F-14 IF that is realistic, however I can't imagine that either of those are so new to the Gazelle that it doesn't recognize either.

But what REALLY DOES NEED to be fixed ASAP is the blasted Vivienne going all wonky every time you slave the camera.

Getting close enough to a target to shoot it is hard enough when the vast majority of enemy weapons shoot way further than the Gazelle's HOT 3's.

So when you find a target, zoom in and laser range find it, the cross hairs "used to" stay locked on the target whether you were stationary or on the move. The cross hairs certainly stayed on the target when it's put in Slave Mode too.

But now the camera bob's way down and then WAAYYY up and even then it takes a few more seconds before even the Ability to Slew is re-enabled again.

All this time adds up and when seconds count, we cannot afford to be pissing around with camera alignment. Especially when we take so much time and care to locate, lock and approach a target (well within its range) so that we can even hit it.

Polychop PLEASE fix this issue ASAP.

PS> Another issue that needs to be resolved is the Laser Range Finder.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it'll provide a range that isn't even close (or that doesn't change no matter where you look).

One thing I have tried to do to resolve it is to turn off the "IR Power Knob" to Standby as much as possible (something I NEVER had to do in the past). This can sometimes help when the Range Finder was working during a flight but stopped working after taking a shot (or whenever it decides to stop working).

But the IR Power Knob doesn't seem to make any difference to correct the issue when the range finder simply isn't working at all.

I have no idea why the IR Power Knob fixes ANYTHING to do with the Laser but it "appears to" sometimes.

Overall, there are some serious things that need to be addressed with the Gazelle to make it even remotely effective in battle. Especially when every second counts.

Never been a fan of how the Viv tends to freak out at sideways movement of the heli, with anything short of a dead-on approach it's a pain to slew the camera withoout it spazzing out, and best case scenario still being somewhat locked onto something still, resulting in hover and pop-up attacks being far more reliable but also far more dumb because of how the DCS AI works.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really getting frustrated with the Gazelle. I'd really like for it to be fixed but it seems to be being completely ignored.

I have been killed So Many Times unnecessarily due to the vivianne going stupid when hovering and putting into Slave mode. Then not only does it take time to relocate the target but you have to wait 5+ seconds before the bloody camera will pan at all.

Furthermore the Laser Range Finder is complete on drugs.

Half the time when it isn't working correctly, it's actually not working at all.

The other half of the time it is simply incorrect.

I have wasted 7 HOT3's in 2 flights due to the range inaccuracy.

PolyChop you really need to address these issues ASAP.

At the very least, please reply and let us know if you plan on fixing these serious shortfalls any time soon so we can know whether to hold on or to give up on all things PolyChop !

I certainly won't be purchasing any other modules (i.e. BoP) until this rig is fixed.

That said, while it would be nice if the Multi-crew was working again (it worked great at one time ... long ago), I actually don't care if it ever works again as long as these other issues are addressed.

Currently, the Gazelle "M" model is all but Useless.

• 1 month later...

Having only just bought it in the Spring sale - I know, noob! - I am more than a little surprised at how many things people complained about as bugs or just in general as far back as 3 years ago, are still present, with little or no acknowledgement, or a promise that it will be fixed soon. Even a simple texture change to correct a spelling mistake on a placard in the cockpit - which, lets face it although not a game changer, would take a dev a matter of half an hour to fix. Therefore I don't think much else is going to change anytime soon unless it is something that ED insists on.

Having only just bought it in the Spring sale - I know, noob! - I am more than a little surprised at how many things people complained about as bugs or just in general as far back as 3 years ago, are still present, with little or no acknowledgement, or a promise that it will be fixed soon. Even a simple texture change to correct a spelling mistake on a placard in the cockpit - which, lets face it although not a game changer, would take a dev a matter of half an hour to fix. Therefore I don't think much else is going to change anytime soon unless it is something that ED insists on.

Seems like PC have also resorted to 'radio silence' in terms of their community outreach. Not a good sign at all.

Seems like PC have also resorted to 'radio silence' in terms of their community outreach. Not a good sign at all.

They are working, they keep silent because of some people in the forum accusing them for horrible things. They will release every fix together.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Oh is that what it is ?

Nobody has made any accusations in this thread that I'm aware of.

I appreciate that a representative of PolyChop replied to my 2nd post in this thread which indicated my incorrect assumption of the DOP setting, no one has ever addressed or acknowledged the purpose and subject of this thread as clarified in my 1st post and all subsequent posts (not including my 2nd post).

All I'd like is acknowledgement of the issues I and others have pointed out and that they are working on it. If they said, we understand and we're looking into it but it'll take 6 months to correct it, at least then I/We'd know. But that isn't what has happened here. It is disappointing because the SA342 is fun to fly ... but all but useless in MP Combat.

So I'm moving on to other Modules. I may never come back to this one. And I certainly won't be interested in anything else they produce.

Oh is that what it is ?

Nobody has made any accusations in this thread that I'm aware of.

I appreciate that a representative of PolyChop replied to my 2nd post in this thread which indicated my incorrect assumption of the DOP setting, no one has ever addressed or acknowledged the purpose and subject of this thread as clarified in my 1st post and all subsequent posts (not including my 2nd post).

All I'd like is acknowledgement of the issues I and others have pointed out and that they are working on it. If they said, we understand and we're looking into it but it'll take 6 months to correct it, at least then I/We'd know. But that isn't what has happened here. It is disappointing because the SA342 is fun to fly ... but all but useless in MP Combat.

So I'm moving on to other Modules. I may never come back to this one. And I certainly won't be interested in anything else they produce.

The accusations were a lot of time ago, so they decided to move to their discord. If you want an answer, you should move your question there.

Chinook lover - Rober -

The accusations were a lot of time ago, so they decided to move to their discord. If you want an answer, you should move your question there.

Good to know, there's no point in people wasting time on providing feedback here if they're not gonna read it anyways.

At least Razbam made a statement when they made such a decision.

Good to know, there's no point in people wasting time on providing feedback here if they're not gonna read it anyways.

At least Razbam made a statement when they made such a decision.

The reason why they stopped they comms:

https://www.facebook.com/PolychopSimulations/posts/1807582516214063

And the announcement of the change of place:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203749

Chinook lover - Rober -

Yes thank you. That is good to know.

It's unfortunate that people do sometimes get unnecessarily pointed with their words. It's not a great way to get help.

But I didn't know they abandoned ED Forums but that would explain why I/We haven't heard much if anything.

If you happen to have their Discord Channel or # and are willing to share it, I'd appreciate it (or PM me with it). I'd like to be able to correspond with them one way or the other.

But I was also informed today by someone who probably read what you read about their decision. This other fellow said that PolyChop is simply not doing any more with the Gazelle and that's that. If that's true, it's very disappointing. Furthermore, it is one more reason to pass All 3rd Party Developed Modules in the future. We pay way too much money to get incomplete and/or busted shite, especially that is left that way for good. At least I know I'll save my money. If it isn't produced by DCS/ED or one of the proven 3rd Party Developers, I'm going to keep my money ... and sanity.

Thanks again for your reply and the important information. Again, if you can, I'd like that Discord Channel UNLESS it's posted at their website ... which I'll take a look at right now.

It's unfortunate that people do sometimes get unnecessarily pointed with their words. It's not a great way to get help.

But I didn't know they abandoned ED Forums but that would explain why I/We haven't heard much if anything.

If you happen to have their Discord Channel or # and are willing to share it, I'd appreciate it (or PM me with it). I'd like to be able to correspond with them one way or the other.

But I was also informed today by someone who probably read what you read about their decision. This other fellow said that PolyChop is simply not doing any more with the Gazelle and that's that. If that's true, it's very disappointing. Furthermore, it is one more reason to pass All 3rd Party Developed Modules in the future. We pay way too much money to get incomplete and/or busted shite, especially that is left that way for good. At least I know I'll save my money. If it isn't produced by DCS/ED or one of the proven 3rd Party Developers, I'm going to keep my money ... and sanity.

Thanks again for your reply and the important information.

PS> I just checked the Forum Link you provided which includes their Discord Channel. So thanks for that too.

Thanks again for your reply and the important information.

PS> I just checked the Forum Link you provided which includes their Discord Channel. So thanks for that too.

As I said before, they keep working in the module, but they are a small team so the fixing is slow but steady. They said the update will be this year, so expect an update on 2019.

Have a nice day!

Chinook lover - Rober -