CBU Profile Questions

dresoccer4

hi -

so i'm messing around with the CBU-97/103/105 fun bombs, and I noticed they all have different profile settings, like FZU39, FUN TIME, RPM, etc. I tried scouring the manual but didn't find anything about these settings...am I just missing it somehow??

I'd like to know what these guys mean:

1) FZU39

2) FUNC TIME

3) ESC MNVR

4) HOF (is this MSL or AGL?)

5) RPM

thanks for any help!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

1) Has something to do with the fusing? Not sure.

2) never messed with it

3) The planned escape maneuver after bomb release. I believe this has some subtle effect on release parameters depending on your dive angle, speed, altitude, etc.

4) HOF (height of function) someone with more detailed knowledge may chime in on this one, but I would think the sensors in the bomb canister would function according to barometric pressure, so probably MSL.

5) RPM is the spin rate of the CBU canister - more spin = higher dispersal area, but less concentrated effect.

Edited by IlludiumQ36

1) Has something to do with the fusing? Not sure.

2) never messed with it

3) The planned escape maneuver after bomb release. I believe this has some subtle effect on release parameters depending on your dive angle, speed, altitude, etc.

4) HOF (height of function) someone with more detailed knowledge may chime in on this one, but I would think the sensors in the bomb canister would function according to barometric pressure, so probably MSL.

5) RPM is the spin rate of the CBU canister - more spin = higher dispersal area, but less concentrated effect.

lol way to give it your best shot

4) you'd think that would make sense, however the max height is something like 3000 feet, which won't do you much good in a lot of places. the dispersal height would be below ground

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

1) FZU39

2) FUNC TIME

3) ESC MNVR

4) HOF (is this MSL or AGL?)

5) RPM

1. The Fuze type. In this a FZU-39/B radar proximity fuse.

2. The canister function (burst) delay after release. This is used when a proximity fuze is not fitted/as a backup.

3. The chosen escape manoeuvre after release. This is the manoeuvre you’ll perform after the weapons come off the jet to ensure you clear the blast/frag envelope.

Examples:

Climbing (CLM)

Turn Level Turn (TLT)

Turning (TRN)

4.Height of Function in feet above ground level (AGL)

5. Canister spin speed in revolutions per minute at burst. This in conjunction with HOF determines the pattern size of the sub munitions.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

2. The canister function (burst) delay after release. This is used when a proximity fuze is not fitted/as a backup.

3. The chosen escape manoeuvre after release. This is the manoeuvre you’ll perform after the weapons come off the jet to ensure you clear the blast/frag envelope.

Examples:

Climbing (CLM)

Turn Level Turn (TLT)

Turning (TRN)

5. Canister spin speed in revolutions per minute at burst. This in conjunction with HOF determines the pattern size of the sub munitions.

perfect, many thanks

Examples:

Climbing (CLM)

Turn Level Turn (TLT)

Turning (TRN)

quick q for number 2: so if i change this value it won't actually affect anything in game?

quick q for number 2: so if i change this value it won't actually affect anything in game?

No. Unless you also disable the Proximity fuse.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL