Trim and altitude

thrustvector

guys, just a little question as the manual is/seems pretty useless.

trimming.....doesn't seem to do anything, I trim and her and hear it click in, but it doesn't not hold like it would in the 8 or the huey for example, itl pretty quickly drift up/down/left/right. Not much of a problem as she is easy to control but just wondering.

other thing, is it possible in auto hover to adjust altitude?

say I have come to a hover behind block of flats/mountain etc can I just pop up and "peek, then come back down? I did see a guy on youtube doing it but does not seem possible in auto hover.

cheers for help

Try using the Trim: Nose up, Nose down, Left wing down, Right wing down bindings on a hat switch. These will work with the SAS and allow for very fine trimming settings.

Trimmer reset to... well, reset the trimmer.

trim.jpg

As for adjusting altitude while in auto hover, use the "Auto-collective toggle" (default C button) to regain control over the collective. If you are at the desired altitude and want to free up your hands, press it again to reactivate auto-collective.

autocollective.jpg

Edited by DrummerNL

guys, just a little question as the manual is/seems pretty useless.

trimming.....doesn't seem to do anything, I trim and her and hear it click in, but it doesn't not hold like it would in the 8 or the huey for example, itl pretty quickly drift up/down/left/right. Not much of a problem as she is easy to control but just wondering.

I dont have the Gazelle(yet).

Looking around a bit, but heard from friends and read about the flight dynamics.

Anyway, about:

I trim ...,but it doesn't not hold like it would in the 8 or the huey for example, itl pretty quickly drift up/down/left/right. Not much of a problem as she is easy to control but just wondering

That like it is to fly real helos without a stab system. Specially the more ’agility’ types.

Most of those helos, even if trimmed to perfection when you release the cyclic it will start to deviate within one or two seconds.

Trim is not like for the aircraft, to make it possible to release control for a longer period. Its for neutralizing the stick force, so the pilot arm does’nt need to fight the forces.

The B206 and huey with teetering rotors are a bit more forgiving, but then: they aint the most agil’ helos in the block.

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

On my side I don't have any problems with the trim system. Use the trim button (magneto clamp) as you do similar in Huey or KA50. Use the trim hat for super fine trimming the helo - you get an nice stable flying machine (much better than Huey imho). It is just that the SAS hasn't to much authority. If you are out of the envelope it can't help you anymore and this happens pretty fast.

My general impression reading these forum is, that ppl don't have a good idea on the sensitivity of the real thing. Flying pilots tend to use the picture of 'thinking' the copter where you want it to fly. As of it is that sensitive.

The whole thing needs a lot of patience.