Help advice needed on stock campaigns....

JanK

So after pretty much using it as a flight simulator for 3 weeks i finally got the nerve up to jump into a Su-27 campaign, but.....how on earth :helpsmilie:

Going ok but intercept missions are (For me anyway) pretty impossible.... my AI gets wasted within the forst 30 sec of contact, every time.

So just for fun i added (can't remember mission) another flight of 4 Su-27's to help my flight of 4, all dead in a minute or so :music_whistling:

Checked log and all 7, well 8 including me got taken down but 2 F-15s, (more in flight but only 2 ever fired)

So any advice would be great :book:

If you can't beat them, join them? :)

But, you can try modifying the loadout of the F-15's - replace the AMRAAM's with AIM-7M's, that would put you on an equal footing more or less (single target engagement, no fire and forget).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

So after pretty much using it as a flight simulator for 3 weeks i finally got the nerve up to jump into a Su-27 campaign, but.....how on earth :helpsmilie:

Going ok but intercept missions are (For me anyway) pretty impossible.... my AI gets wasted within the forst 30 sec of contact, every time.

So just for fun i added (can't remember mission) another flight of 4 Su-27's to help my flight of 4, all dead in a minute or so :music_whistling:

Checked log and all 7, well 8 including me got taken down but 2 F-15s, (more in flight but only 2 ever fired)

So any advice would be great :book:

Stock campaigns contain pretty hard missions and sometimes you have to rely on AI to complete them. They may have been easier before depending on changes in DCS core. Trying to force the win by repetition can be very frustrating. Better spend time on training and easier missions for a more rewardind experience.

If you insist on continuing make sure your wingmen are firing back (do you order them to engage bandits?). Make sure the additional group is loaded with weapons and tasked appropriately. Wait for them to join the formation before engagement. Make a wider formation - order some to pincer left/right. Don't try to be a hero. If you're overpowered just turn back and burn to homelands (preferably under SAM cover). Dying plenty of times won't teach you much.

Have you perfected your notching technique yet? Also try to launch one 27ER before the Rmax to just scare at least one of them, forcing him to go defensive, then launch another when in range. There's also cranking/F-pole maneuver - sounds familiar?

Which mission exactly - some Flanker masters here could try and see how difficult it really is atm.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Sorry for late reply....

I can dodge 2-3 missiles but not that good at it yet so normally they get me rather fast. :pilotfly:

Its my own fault i guess, im in to much of a hurry to dive into the fight, not using my wingmen for anything really, i just set them to engage bandits and forget about them.

It does help to use the pincer left/right command and maybe hang back abit, BUT i still do feel the AI F15s are just to good at times, wiping us out like we are drones, off to look at some more videos :book:

It’s a learning curve. The Beryoza is very accurate with range info that with practice makes AMRAAM dodging just take a lot of time. You’ll get there. I sucked at first to but can’t be a hero or Rambo all the time. War of attrition, unless mountains can cover you. F-15 has fewer missiles than you. One thing to suggest it if you ever fire a warming shot at long range you can use the normal R-27R to save weight.

Afterwards it builds nicely to Su-33campaigns, and fox Red Knight campaign for J-11A despite being user made.

Youtube is your friend!

Chaff and beaming is so valuable, it’s not as hard as it might seem, it’s really hardest at close ranges.

Milk min reheat for max endurance with good performance. You have almost infitime resolution in adjusting the AB.

Careful with Su-33though, short stinger only carries half the amount of countermesures as its land based sisters!

When on land use full mil take off for max fuel save so you can use it in the furball.

Don’t forget emergency afterburner in Su-33:)

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It does help to use the pincer left/right command and maybe hang back abit, BUT i still do feel the AI F15s are just to good at times, wiping us out like we are drones, off to look at some more videos :book:

They have better weapon. What can you do? :)

You still didn't tell what mission you have trouble with.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria