Basic Fundamentals: MiG 29 Air to Ground

Pac-Man

Almost done! In today's video we'll discuss the basics of air to ground attacks in the MiG-29 as well as a little tip from one of our viewers! We'll look at dumb bombs, cluster munitions and rockets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Nice Vid but the MIG29 has more AG delivery options than that. It has both CCRP (that you show in your video) and CCIP. They are not directly selectable but a function of dive angle.

CCRP

When you enter AG mode with bombs the default Delivery is CCRP and the weapons system is in the undesignated state. If the Dive angle is less than about 20 degrees the system logic says you want CCRP. You then fly the reticle over the target and designate the target by pressing and holding down the Bomb release button. The Diamond appears over the target and a steering circle appears over the Aircraft cross. You are now in the CCRP designated state By keeping the top of the aircraft cross pointing at the centre of the steering circle you are automatically flying the correct ground track (same as tracking the ASL in AUTO in the FA18 ) you can either fly directly ahead until release occurs (you will hear a release tone) or convert the pass to a Dive Toss release by pulling up maintaining the aircraft cross aligned with the steering circle. So CCRP either LAY DOWN or DIVE TOSS is available.

Note: if the Mission planner has entered the target wypt as a "Target" then when the wypt is selected and you enter AG mode the diamond will be present overlaying the target so you will be automatically in CCRP designated state. (certainly was the case in FC3 and I dont think its changed)

CCIP

CCIP will become the active mode if dive angle exceeds around 20 degrees. The transition within the weapon system from default CCRP to CCIP is not instant and takes a while. When CCIP is active you will see a CCIP reticle with a Displayed Impact Line (DIL) extending up from the CCIP, The pilots task is to track the target down the DIL line until it hits the CCIP reticle then pickle. (same as in FA18 CCIP).

It would be nice to have a Mode switch to directly choose CCRP or CCIP but in the SIM that is not possible. Not sure if in the aeroplane that is the case.

Jpg shows CCIP mode.

Mig29-CCIP.jpg

TRK shows typical CCIP pass and a CCRP Mini Dive TOSS pass.

Some of my notes from FC3 days nothing has changed I believe. Though I think the cutoff dive angle between CCIP/CCRP is now 20 degrees and the swapping between modes (probably better called reversion) now takes a bit more time.

russkiccipccrp6.jpg

Russkiccipccrp4.jpg

mig29ccipauto2.trk

Edited by IvanK

Nice Vid but the MIG29 has more AG delivery options than that. It has both CCRP (that you show in your video) and CCIP. They are not directly selectable but a function of dive angle.

CCRP

When you enter AG mode with bombs the default Delivery is CCRP and the weapons system is in the undesignated state. If the Dive angle is less than about 20 degrees the system logic says you want CCRP. You then fly the reticle over the target and designate the target by pressing and holding down the Bomb release button. The Diamond appears over the target and a steering circle appears over the Aircraft cross. You are now in the CCRP designated state By keeping the top of the aircraft cross pointing at the centre of the steering circle you are automatically flying the correct ground track (same as tracking the ASL in AUTO in the FA18 ) you can either fly directly ahead until release occurs (you will hear a release tone) or convert the pass to a Dive Toss release by pulling up maintaining the aircraft cross aligned with the steering circle. So CCRP either LAY DOWN or DIVE TOSS is available.

CCIP

CCIP will become the active mode if dive angle exceeds around 20 degrees. The transition within the weapon system from default CCRP to CCIP is not instant and takes a while. When CCIP is active you will see a CCIP reticle with a Displayed Impact Line (DIL) extending up from the CCIP, The pilots task is to track the target down the DIL line until it hits the CCIP reticle then pickle. (same as in FA18 CCIP).

It would be nice to have a Mode switch to directly choose CCRP or CCIP but in the SIM that is not possible. Not sure if in the aeroplane that is the ..

There is a problems with the "slave mod".. We can setup a key for that mod it's work we can doing all in carpet bombing, but there is NOTHING ANNIMED IN COCKPIT TO SHOW YOU WHEN YOU TURN ON THIS BOMBING MOD! Please inprove cockpit animations for some FC3..

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for the input. I am aware of those features. I left them out because after trying to consistently get them to work I couldn't. Remember, my goal of this channel is necessarily to each every aspect of the aircraft, but to get pilots who don't normally fly it up in the air and "functional".

With that being said, it was frustrating not being able to comfortably get the CCIP to work. It seems to be very buggy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

I heard it is also function of speed, higher speed will mean CCIP reticle appearing at higher altitude. But haven’t tested, you think twenty degree dive angle is nothing until you have to do it close to the ground with AAA!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yes I think you are right. In fact looking at it more closely If the current Weapon impact point is in the HUD field of view you get CCIP regardless.

So Bomb Range,TAS,ALT and dive angle all combine to get the CCIP above the bottom of HUD. If it is you get CCIP

MIG29-CCIPlvl.jpg

Edited by IvanK

How do you display the information on the left when you damage and destroy vehicles?

DCS main menu > OPTIONS > MISC > Realtime Bomb Damage Assistance

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria