SU25 Crashes and Black Flashes

uniform

Okay, so since I have corrected my gun sights. I started my own mission from editor and also tried the instant action with same effects.

Now, about 20ish minutes into the game it crashes. Just a simple mission, a few APC's tanks and soldiers just to familiarize myself with guns and rockets. Every time I look around using the hat switch on my joystick I receive black flashes about two thirds of my screen. Eventually the game crashes and I believe they are related.

I have turned off the simulator event for pilot eye blinking so it is not that. :music_whistling: I believe/hope my video card should be able to handle the game, I just purchased a healthy used one to play DCS World again after a while of it being dormant.

I have a fresh/clean install of DCS World 2.5 no mods with Flaming Cliffs 3 added on only. Do not know where the crash logs are stored. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

CPU: I-5 2nd gen / GPU: Radeon RX460 OC / RAM: 12 Gigabytes

DCS 2.5 / Flaming Cliffs

Thank-you so much! :thumbup:

IDK if the page filing fixed everything. It was too low 16 min 1675 max. which is probably okay for 6MG RAM where I recently upgraded from. The minimum was set too low in my opinion. I increased to minimum 1000MB and maximum 36000 (Triple new RAM).

I was able to test the "Blinking" (Although I shouldn't have, on the clock working) and that is resolved. If the crashing was related, that should be resolved as well. I will be able to test when I am done "working".

Thanks again, I forgot all about increasing the page filing when I changed the RAM. Looks like it corrected issues I had with my Opera browser as well. Funny how the simple things sometimes eludes me. When I changed my last video card, I swore I purchased a bad one, my wife asked me if it was plugged in. Um, not the secondary power... but that's another conversation.

Glad to help.

The log clearly stated memory allocation problem. Since you added some objects to the mission memory requirements increased but the "max" setting was holding it down. The more RAM you have the less need for page file but 1675MB was way too low. Now it's fine. Even better make it constant size 32GB.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Will make it constant 32 across all drives, I was thinking as a rule of thumb triple the RAM size.

So there is no more crashing and now, my mirrors stopped working. They are jet black and I have them turned on.

I set my in-game display settings to low, and works fine other than the mirrors for some reason went black after about my third 'flight' doesn't matter my setting configuration, cannot get them back.

Also, If I move to medium in the game settings, I start getting the black flashes again. But no crashing so playable now.

I made my page filing a constant 32GB on both my OS and Programs Drive, and the game did not like that. I kicked it back up to 64GB and it was a bit more smooth. I could now play in low graphics dropping my resolution.

I have a lower power video card and lowering the resolution seemed to work for about 3/5ths of a game. Then it crashed again, and again, and again. After one crash delivering a static screen I thought my GPU was blown. I was able to recover the following error: "Windows 10 Event 10016 Fix: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} …"

After reading a few articles I realized it was not my settings or my video card. I had found the below post, and after adding (In my case) a setting in Regedit and changing my settings in the graphics to default then setting DCS World to medium, no enhancements I played my first mission on this video card up until the point I bailed out which is much improvement.

Previously I could not even make it to targets much less being shot down before the system crashed.

IF you have an AMD and experiencing lag/stutters/freezes and crashes, this is worth a try.

https://community.amd.com/thread/180166

I am going to reduce my page filing to see what that does, because it is a bit excessive and going to perform a stress test on my video card to see what that does. Hopefully I will be playing many more missions on this card and keeping my fingers crossed I will be :pilotfly: till I cant :joystick: any longer.