virtual squadron choices

KKR75

Hi gang,

I am new to the forums, new to online gaming, new to DCS A-10, but not new in the flight sim world (and definitely not new in computers nor gaming). I consider myself intermediate level in both civil and military flight sims, having flown many hours in FSX and past sims, and a over a few in F4AF. I decided to jump to DCS A-10 because it looks extremely realistic, and I am more of an AG than AA person myself.

I just received my new HOTAS Warthog, and bought the Saitek pedals. Will be receiving TIR5 in a couple days as well.

I fired up DCS A-10 last night for the 1st time, and I have ways to go before I even begin to fully comprehend the aircraft systems and dynamics (obviously WAY different than the F16 in F4AF :) ). My 1st task is to learn start-up.

Anyways, to enhance my online experience and my learning skills, I am looking to join a squadron that's laid back, comprised of a tight, fun bunch, willing to trade a few tips and help out new members. I live in Lebanon, GMT+2, and usually can play in the evening and/or nights for a few hours. Internet here is pretty laggy but should be sufficient for its purpose.

Can anyone recommend me a squad to begin my online adventure?

Thanks

Karl

Make sure to shop around a bit, as well, and hopefully you'll be able to find a squad that mirrors both your desires (as far as attitude and structure) as well as is active enough in your time zone.

One thing I'd definitely suggest is to hop up on the servers and their TeamSpeaks/Ventrilos and see which one ends up feeling like "home" for you. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If you seek flexibilty (ie fly when you can and not be chained to active particpation rules) consider the 1st VFW. We have a large active roster of great fellas and we dont force you to fly a certain number of times a months or WTF ever. You'll find alot of squads do force you.

We are a Falcon Wing taking on the DCS A10C with a vengeance and have logged many hours online already. We are also in the process of avtivating a A10 squadron.

http://firstfighterwing.com/joomla/

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

thanks for the replies so far, gents. Mower, great stuff, thanks for the link. That's what I am looking for actually, flexibility without forced number of times, since I travel quite a bit for business. I'll look you up if I decide to join.

K.

If you seek flexibilty (ie fly when you can and not be chained to active particpation rules) consider the 1st VFW. We have a large active roster of great fellas and we dont force you to fly a certain number of times a months or WTF ever. You'll find alot of squads do force you.

We are a Falcon Wing taking on the DCS A10C with a vengeance and have logged many hours online already. We are also in the process of avtivating a A10 squadron.

http://firstfighterwing.com/joomla/

I'm kinda in the same boat as KKR75. I was huge into sims when I was younger, tried LOMAC but never took it serious. I've worked A-10s on and off for over 15 years so this game is something I've always wanted. I like the sounds of the 1st FW, especially since I'm new to the detail of sims now days. I'm not the best but definitly not the worst sim pilot I've seen.

I've got the HOTAS Warthog (waiting on my dead throttle to be returned), ordered trackir5, playing with helios and waiting on the new combat ruddel pedals to be released by Saitek. My wife say's I'm having an affair on her with DCS A-10C but she knew from the start how much I love A-10s, the years I've spend as an A-10 crew chief were some of the best I've ever had job wise!

Edited by Snoopy

tried LOMAC but never took it serious.

LOMAC was not meant to be taken seriously. :thumbup:

On the issue with the B&C, on nights you know you will fly, toss some lovin' her way the night before. Works like a charm, just dont let her catch onto the pattern. :D

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

LOMAC was not meant to be taken seriously. :thumbup:

On the issue with the B&C, on nights you know you will fly, toss some lovin' her way the night before. Works like a charm, just dont let her catch onto the pattern. :D

Good advice, :lol:

I'm sure you'll see me on the 1st FW soon, probubly after Christmas since my throttle isn't due back until Friday then I'm headed to see family for the holiday.

Hey Ace you guys play MW Mercs too I think, saw you on my Viper server from time to time, my 6yr old son was fighting with us.

Not sure man we have grown so much in the 12 years. We have guys all over the planet playing god knows what. I only play Bad Company2 from time to time and DCS worthog. Every once in a while I might fire up wings of prey just to go gunzo from time to time.

On a side note speaking of your 6 year old son I forgot to mention anyone who has kids and is a full member of SE we have JR division that they are welcome to play in also.