Searching: BS servers with eng. voice comms

Bucic

I fly rarely but when I do find the time I'd like to jump in without 'let's meet in 8 hours'. What I'm looking for:

1. low ping from Central Europe (I usually pick servers with ping<100, the lowest I get is 40)
  2. voice comms are used by at least few players
  3. players wait for formation to emerge and cooperate
  4. mission: NOT some arcade crap. I don't miss LO at all
  5. some systems usage flaws being tolerated - I almost don't use ABRIS functions other than map
  6. high chances that there will be at least one player 10:00 AM - 2:00 AM CET

I'm looking for it right NOW.

Edit:

Testing 104th at the moment...

Edited by Bucic
  • Like 1

I flew with you on the 104th last night, and I found the experience very positive.

Apart from the datalink glitching (sending type 1 target being received as type 3), the blue mission to waypoint 2 was very enjoyable!

As you say, Bucic, voice comms is a necessary part of the MP experience.

Although you are looking for servers in Central Europe, I am looking at having a TS3 server to accompany our TOG dedicated server, once things are up and running. I hope you will stop by :)

Rectum non bustus

I flew with you on the 104th last night, and I found the experience very positive.

Apart from the datalink glitching (sending type 1 target being received as type 3), the blue mission to waypoint 2 was very enjoyable!

As you say, Bucic, voice comms is a necessary part of the MP experience.

Although you are looking for servers in Central Europe, I am looking at having a TS3 server to accompany our TOG dedicated server, once things are up and running. I hope you will stop by :)

I recall something. Today it was even better! Operation Moonshield 2.0 There was a moment where 4 sharks were conducting a semi-coordinated attack on MAYKOP, all using voice comms and datalink :thumbup:

blackfoot

spud

hotshot

f*

whitewolf???

dajjvid

and others - thank you!

1. No voice communications - no fun

At the same time it showed how everything can be ruined by the lack of voice comms. REDS didn't use TS so there was no air cover. No air cover - shooting fish in a barrel and no fun. There was not a single red pilot using TS and they got screwed back and forth 100 times alright... I enjoyed getting an opportunity to shoot at MiG-29 head on but still... Sharks don't even need special nursing when fighters are in balanced numbers because they are usually occupied with each other.

2. Teams headcount imbalance

Then there were twice as much people on the BLUE side which brought the gameplay totally down. I'm surprised there is no official 104th server policy forcing some players to choose the other team for at least a remote balance.

3. arcade missions

I tried on a different mission - operation rebellion. Well, it seems to me that unlike the other mission that one is of a 'run all over the map, oh fun!' type of mission. Not my brand at all.

Hey Bucic, I like the cut of your jib.

Job? What job? What do you mean? BTW, was it you I flew with the other night on STP server?

P.S. I enjoyed watching air battles above me the other night and the fact that no one notices me...

kinjal.jpg

kinjal2.jpg

kinjal3.jpg

kinjal4.jpg

kinjal5.jpg

kinjal6.jpg

kinjal7.jpg

kinjal8.jpg

Also be advised - using my SST profile for X52 Pro I'm able to prepare my cannon for a dogfight in 1 second :D

Edited by Bucic

Job? What job? What do you mean? BTW, was it you I flew with the other night on STP server?

JIB. :thumbup:

No but I did see you today there...I was Bramage in a Hog, attacking targets your '50s marked with WP.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

JIB. :thumbup:

No but I did see you today there...I was Bramage in a Hog, attacking targets your '50s marked with WP.

Urban dictionary, here I come! ;)

'There'? You mean on 104th Moonshield?

BTW, astro, it's all about PING. I'm not orthodox about server locations, if anything :) The 104th PING seemed fine although I can't give any values as I connect via IP number - I never see the 104th listed on the server list.

I never see the 104th listed on the server list.

Unusual...

My ping is around 240 on the 104th dedicated. Seems centrally located with a good connection for most people I've seen.

People from Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, and yourself did well.

Our TOG server may be different, for Central European users, though...fingers crossed!

BTW, I wasn't on the attacking team at Maykop. Spud (me) disconnected after we took Pashkovshy-Krasnodar.

Rectum non bustus

2. Teams headcount imbalance

Then there were twice as much people on the BLUE side which brought the gameplay totally down. I'm surprised there is no official 104th server policy forcing some players to choose the other team for at least a remote balance.

3. arcade missions

I tried on a different mission - operation rebellion. Well, it seems to me that unlike the other mission that one is of a 'run all over the map, oh fun!' type of mission. Not my brand at all.

Also be advised - using my SST profile for X52 Pro I'm able to prepare my cannon for a dogfight in 1 second :D

Regarding point 2, team balance is important, but on most servers, it seems to be obligatory and not mandatory. I have to say, when I join, and I see 1 KA50 slot on red and 1 KA50 and 1 F15 slot on Blue, I will take a KA50 blue slot, purely from the 'shooting fish in a barrel' perspective you mentioned. This is given, that I very rarely fly anything other than a Blackshark.

Regarding point 3, Op Rebellion is actually quite challenging, beyond the "airquake" free for all, as the 'Bermuda triangle' seems to separate the opposing forces, apart from Red KA 50's, which seem to readily attack the Blue home plate airfield (name escapes me, atm).

And I can also switch to canon with the click of a button ;). With TIR, I don't need to place a gate over the target, using Shkval - I drop the HMS, hold down the "uncage Shkval" button and I can place my rounds where I look within the canon box (HUD). :thumbup:

Rectum non bustus

BTW, I wasn't on the attacking team at Maykop. Spud (me) disconnected after we took Pashkovshy-Krasnodar.

astroSPUD! :doh: Sorry, mate, I didn't recognize you! Well, I can thank you personally then :) BTW, who was that guy with nickname starting with f we flew with? Farel, fewer...? :noexpression:

Regarding point 2, team balance is important, but on most servers, it seems to be obligatory and not mandatory. I have to say, when I join, and I see 1 KA50 slot on red and 1 KA50 and 1 F15 slot on Blue, I will take a KA50 blue slot, purely from the 'shooting fish in a barrel' perspective you mentioned. This is given, that I very rarely fly anything other than a Blackshark.

Balance among fighters - this is what's critical.

Regarding point 3, Op Rebellion is actually quite challenging, beyond the "airquake" free for all, as the 'Bermuda triangle' seems to separate the opposing forces, apart from Red KA 50's, which seem to readily attack the Blue home plate airfield (name escapes me, atm).

OK, so it's a quake war 'where forces are separated by a Bermuda Triangle'... ... You didn't convince me :D

And I can also switch to canon with the click of a button ;). With TIR, I don't need to place a gate over the target, using Shkval - I drop the HMS, hold down the "uncage Shkval" button and I can place my rounds where I look within the canon box (HUD). :thumbup:

You have to know that I hate TIR guys ;) You gave me an idea on how I can supplement my existent X52 profile. The fact that I can quickly arm my cannon is not always a good thing - see below (stupid things list) :D

Few more thoughts:

On few occasions guys joined TS... after being told to.

I mean non-104 savys. That should give 104th some thoughts. It is also related with...

Voice communications (TS) channels names should be specific e.g. RED KA-50's

IMO that would attract some 'shy guys'. I recall few players joined TS after my 'Ka-50s, join TS!!!' call on chat box. Oh, I would forgot - I have to disable the damn chat messages that take out 25% of my screen!

By not using TS you waste your time

I shall repeat that to nay-TS-ers on every occasions. It's like flying using keyboard. You get the idea.

I dare to say that FC 2 release prevented filtering quakers out in a way that DCS series will, to some extent :tomato:

Stupid things I did:

- got banned for 45 minutes for AI teamkills (column)

- spotted a Ka-50 over our FARPS, checked the players list that there are no Ka-50s on our side and shot it down in 5 seconds - later I learned it was an AI Ka-50 - another AI teamkill that day! :doh:

- flew with all the christmas tree lights on when the air was crawling with enemy fighters and we had no air cover ; the commander was very understanding... :blush:

also

- forgot the sending datalink targets procedure (:director:someone guided me via Teamspeak!)

- couldn't re-start my engine after I accidentally turned it off (:director:someone guided me via Teamspeak!)

I hope I'll find at least two hours today to hit 104th server! I hope it won't be the rebellion mission...

Edited by Bucic

Thanks Bucic for all your opinions.

Team Balance

When there is an admin around we try to enforce it. Keep in mind we tend to do this with fighters mostly. If there is an imbalance with A2G it is not too distruptive and people may be on TS together om the same channel. I mentioned when you were on the server that the fighter numbers were even. Still, perhaps balance is something we should mention in the brief as there is no auto-balance feature.

Op Rebellion

Read the brief in detail. Go over the goals in the brief and what is announced in messages. You will find that it is actually the most realistic of all our missions.

Thanks for flying on the 104th.

1. low ping from Central Europe (I usually pick servers with ping<100, the lowest I get is 40)
  2. voice comms are used by at least few players
  3. players wait for formation to emerge and cooperate
  4. mission: NOT some arcade crap. I don't miss LO at all
  5. some systems usage flaws being tolerated - I almost don't use ABRIS functions other than map
  6. high chances that there will be at least one player 10:00 AM - 2:00 AM CET

Please also check the 51st PVO Regiment server:

DCS/FC2 Server: 212.37.145.18:10308. The server is located in Denmark.

TS3 Server: 51st.hopto.org:9987

Integrity Check Package: Identical to most main-stream servers (we were the first to set one up).

Statistics: The Best FC2/DCS Stats Page

For more information, check our website.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks Bucic for all your opinions.

Team Balance

When there is an admin around we try to enforce it. Keep in mind we tend to do this with fighters mostly. If there is an imbalance with A2G it is not too distruptive(...)

That's what I said in my previous post :)

I mentioned when you were on the server that the fighter numbers were even.

But none of our fighter jockeys were using TS and they presented very little combat value. It was like commandos fighting militia with forks.

Still, perhaps balance is something we should mention in the brief as there is no auto-balance feature.

Dou you have any doubts about that?! :huh:

The gameplay degraded from enjoyable to non-playable right on my eyes, solely because of imbalance. I don't see anything to discuss. Now I wouldn't want you to take that as 'I, The Bucic say...!', but you got high chances for making me stay with 104th and to be honest I would rather spend my time playing rather than be on my quest to search for a server that will meet all of my requirements.

Op Rebellion

Read the brief in detail. Go over the goals in the brief and what is announced in messages. You will find that it is actually the most realistic of all our missions.

Will do. I don't say I couldn't misjudge it. Edit: I guess I can access the briefing via the track BS recorded into Temp folder.

Thanks for flying on the 104th.

Thank YOU.

Integrity Check Package: Identical to most main-stream servers (we were the first to set one up).

Will probably do, thanks.

Edited by Bucic

• 2 months later...
Well, it seems that 104th is not a good place for Sharks with TS now. 51st TS server is empty too... Any suggestions? Campaign CO-OP anyone maybe?

Please don't criticize our server based on an observation you make one day. See my other post. Give something constructive instead of advertising that our server is dead just because you seen it empty one day server missions are still popular overall. If you have suggestions then give them please.

51st TS server is empty too...
Just that our teamspeak server maybe empty does not mean people are not using comms. Our server is very popular with squadrons like SE and the 159th. Since squadrons typically run teamspeak servers themselves, you may have more luck joining the game server first and ask if and where people are on comms, so you can join them there.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Please don't criticize our server based on an observation you make one day. See my other post. Give something constructive instead of advertising that our server is dead just because you seen it empty one day server missions are still popular overall. If you have suggestions then give them please.

Posting pretty much the same thing in two topics in parallel just made me look twice as stupid. Sorry for that again. To all - see below:

I meant things are not going well now i.e. at the moment I posted :) If you're looking for Ka-50 + TS that is. Plus, as I mentioned, it's getting dark in the mission.

Sorry for that :blush:

I hope I'll be forgiven if I make some use of myself today, populating your server by +1 ;)

For those in the Oceania region (Australia/New Zealand, Asia), The Older Gamers (=TOG=) are hosting a dedicated server with missions developed by =STP=Dragon.

A Teamspeak server will be available real soon, so I will keep you posted on login details.

Cheers,

Spud.

Rectum non bustus

I wanna do some online Ka50 with TS, without needing to join a squad (already in one for ArmA2/OA) is the 104th the place to look?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

I recall 104th very nicely as I am mostly used to play there on Su-25T and Ka-50. Mission is nice for Sharks, you can do even strike against Sochi, where you can destroy all planes on runway :D

I am hungry to fly again, after long break :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

=STP= has also a TS3 server.

The connection data are displayed in the automatic-chat-message of the game server.

Feel free to join if you fly on the STP-servers.

No membership needed. ;)

Edited by =STP= Dragon

I wanna do some online Ka50 with TS, without needing to join a squad