Cant connect to servers

jewverick

Hi

I can't connect to some of the servers in FC2 (mostly the Berkuts aerobatic server),

it says "loading mission" and doesn't do anything, I've waited for over 10 minutes once, and it just stuck.

for other servers it's either the same, or immediately connects with no problems.

SOMETIMES I can connect to the server, after many attempts, I don't think

I'm doing anything different in those attempts.

I have tried to restart my internet, my PC, reinstall the game. nothing helped.

EDIT: now after waiting for about 15-20 minutes with "loading mission" it disconnected and said "server timed out" so perhaps it is an internet problem?

I have the 1.2.1 patch installed, and mod man (I had VRA mod installed but

i uninstalled).

running windows 7

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

3gb ram

ati 4870

10MB ADSL

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi

I can't connect to some of the servers in FC2 (mostly the Berkuts aerobatic server),

it says "loading mission" and doesn't do anything, I've waited for over 10 minutes once, and it just stuck.

for other servers it's either the same, or immediately connects with no problems.

SOMETIMES I can connect to the server, after many attempts, I don't think

I'm doing anything different in those attempts.

I have tried to restart my internet, my PC, reinstall the game. nothing helped.

EDIT: now after waiting for about 15-20 minutes with "loading mission" it disconnected and said "server timed out" so perhaps it is an internet problem?

I have the 1.2.1 patch installed, and mod man (I had VRA mod installed but

i uninstalled).

running windows 7

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

3gb ram

ati 4870

10MB ADSL

Thanks in advance for your help.

A lot of server run a IC check and you may not have the correct files needed to connect just a thought????? :thumbup:

I would guess internet connectivity problem. When it says "Loading mission" it's downloading the mission from the server. If it's a large mission file (typically because of audio samples used, or possibly if they have very many briefing images) it might take a while or be problematic if the connection between you and the server is unreliable. Or of course, if the server is overloaded - but that's probably less likely.

You could perhaps see if you can find a way to measure the amount of traffic you're receiving, some modems/routers have this capability, or you can run some software on your PC. Might be able to tell that way if it's stalling partway through the transfer. But diagnosing connectivity problems like this is pretty difficult, and the problem may be outside of your control.

@Bearitall - what's IC? ;(

@nomdeplume - i've checked my ping to the server and it's around 120ms

which is normal considering the fact I live in Israel and it probably cant get any better.

I have tried to reboot like I said and it didn't help,

but I'll try to reboot a few times now and see what happens....

cant be a "permanent internet problem" after all....

thanks for your help guys :)

@Bearitall - what's IC? ;(

@nomdeplume - i've checked my ping to the server and it's around 120ms

which is normal considering the fact I live in Israel and it probably cant get any better.

I have tried to reboot like I said and it didn't help,

but I'll try to reboot a few times now and see what happens....

cant be a "permanent internet problem" after all....

thanks for your help guys :)

IC = Integrity Check

• 2 months later...

I live also in Israel and i had the same problem ... not anymore :

The problem is coming from the person who is hosting the game, the internet server option is too high for us, it has to be down then it's working perfectly.

I hope this help