Stuck on "Loading misson"...

davek1979

Hi, from time to time I keep experiencing this problem:

1, I connect to a server, the "Loading mission" screen comes up

2, it never disappears, the sim simply keeps stuck on that screen (even 5 minutes) until I press Cancel

It's hard to say whether the mission actually keeps loading, because there is no freakin' PROGRESS BAR!

Any input on this ? :-)

...well someone has to move the mud!!!

If you experience this again, could you alt-tab out and see if any network traffic is visible?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I've checked it out yesterday night, when this problem appeared again. There was an insignificant amount of network traffic present, from which I couldn't confirm or deny that BS is really downloading anything. Is there some tool that logs what amount of data is downloaded to which application ?

What is actually downloaded over network ? MIZ files ? Or complete packages with sounds, textures and so on, ZIPped ? How does the mission download actually work ? Is there a chance for ED to add progress bar on the "Loading mission" screen ? Or am I just one bloody unlucky guy in the world that gets this prob ?

Generally I have a very stable network connection. I don't understand this problem at all. Restarting BS MP won't help although I was too lazy to restart computer, instead opted for SP. :-)

...well someone has to move the mud!!!

This happens with MP only? First time I've heard about such a variant .. hm.

Could you bring us a Dxdiag report so we can get an overview over you config - maybe that can give us some ideas.

Any other interesting events in your Event logs - that can be related to your problems perhaps?

As for network traffic - several tools out there, but you'll need a good understanding of network/layers etc before you can use one efficiently. I dont think we need to take that route just yet.

http://www.wireshark.org/

http://www.ethereal.com/

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I like that program. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 4 weeks later...

That is problem with standard serrvers in serrver browser or when your friends hosting game?I I notice same situation when i try to host some my missions...Problem was in some trigers,not all compatibyle with online play.

And i think you know allready that every song ,audio effect or picture inplemented in the mission must be uploaded to your PC during loading screan.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

That is problem with standard serrvers in serrver browser or when your friends hosting game?I I notice same situation when i try to host some my missions...Problem was in some trigers,not all compatibyle with online play.

And i think you know allready that every song ,audio effect or picture inplemented in the mission must be uploaded to your PC during loading screan.

All triggers should be compatible with online play AFAIK - which one are you talking about?

Also, be sure to run the latest patch 1.0.1c for all parties. If mission was created in 1.0.1c, and one player is using 1.0 and another 1.0.1 - then you're in for some interesting situations.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• 10 months later...

I live in Israel and i had the same problem ... not anymore :

The problem is coming from the person who is hosting the game, the internet server option is too high for us, it has to be down then it's working perfectly.

I hope this help