Is the Reputation system bugged?

Vitormouraa

How much rep do I have to spread around to be able to increase your already massive point total by 7 points and how is it decided?

I have never seen the math for that function described anywhere, so I have no idea.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember where I read it, but I think not too long ago it was mentioned somewhere that one has to give reputation to 20 different users before being allowed to rep the same user again. Seems about right, but I'm not 100% sure.

I don't remember where I read it, but I think not too long ago it was mentioned somewhere that one has to give reputation to 20 different users before being allowed to rep the same user again. Seems about right, but I'm not 100% sure.

Keep testing brother :)

• Like 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's only one way to find out.

Perform a Rapid Random Rep. raid. :)

I'll start with Rakuzard, who seems like a nice chap. :thumbup:

Edited by Holbeach
  • Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Did I miss something?

Are these points actually worth something?

Can they be cashed in or used to offset purchase price of modules?

• Like 1

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

Did I miss something?

Are these points actually worth something?

Can they be cashed in or used to offset purchase price of modules?

They're worth a defined, real money value, on Ebay, but here on DCS, its only value is the estimation in which a person is held, especially by the community.

So have some rep on me.

It's free. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

If you get enough rep, they let you into the cool kids club, that's it.

Damn, I wonder how much that takes. :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I guess you would need something like this, it's gonna take a while... to get there

I am too old to be likely to live that long :cry:

Well I think there is a whole other cool kids club for those people ;)

The "Red Square Club" I think you'll find.

.. :devil_2:

The "Red Square Club" I think you'll find.

.. :devil_2:

Maybe it is just me, but that is too funny!

No offense to our Russian hosts intended!

;)

• Like 1

I've done 15 reps so far, without being able to rep previous same people reps, but I now frequently get, "sorry you can't add rep to this post".

Does this mean there is also, post rep limits, as well?

I've done 15 reps so far, without being able to rep previous same people reps, but I now frequently get, "sorry you can't add rep to this post".

Does this mean there is also, post rep limits, as well?

I once got "You must wait some longer before you can spread reputation" on a pretty busy day with great posts all around, so I guess there is such a limit.

What you describe sounds more like one of two reasons:

Some forum sections won't allow reputation at all, most notably the Chit-Chat forum.

I also believe you can only give reputation to a post that's no more than 30 days old (give or take a few days).

But instead of disabling the rep button on these posts, the forum allows us to enter our message and then gives the above mentioned message when we submit the rep. :noexpression:

I also believe you can only give reputation to a post that's no more than 30 days old (give or take a few days).

I have always suspected a two week margin, but that is only a guess.

It would be nice if the "cannot rep' message indicated the source of the issue.

Of course, in the grand scheme, this is picking at nits.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

since when is giving rep in Missions and Campaigns not possible anymore?For chit chat I can understand, but for Missions?

Shouldn't you be the one with much more direct access to the powers that be? :music_whistling: :D

Anyway, I just +repped a more or less random post in Missions and Campaigns with no problems. Could it be that you ran into one of the other traps, like a post that's too old?

Shouldn't you be the one with much more direct access to the powers that be? :music_whistling: :D

I do not want to bother my masters with such things.:D

Anyway, I just +repped a more or less random post in Missions and Campaigns with no problems. Could it be that you ran into one of the other traps, like a post that's too old?

Yeah, seems the post I wanted to rep is to old (it is from 07-18-2016)?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2845694&postcount=61

• Like 1

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Yeah, seems the post I wanted to rep is to old (it is from 07-18-2016)?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2845694&postcount=61

Yeah, pretty sure the +rep-age-restriction is what's limiting you here.

I think I met the guy on TS a couple weeks back and we flew this mission with 3 Hueys, which was great fun.

In case we meet again, I'll tell him to post something on the forum so you can +rep him. ;)