Recording DCS World gameplay?

luckyfortune

It appears DCS 1.5 will not work with ShadowPlay. You can still get the FPS counter, but the indicator for ShadowPlay is absent.

Newest driver will not bring it back. Checked settings - all are correct. Another user reports the same issue on this build.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

It appears DCS 1.5 will not work with ShadowPlay. You can still get the FPS counter, but the indicator for ShadowPlay is absent.

Newest driver will not bring it back. Checked settings - all are correct. Another user reports the same issue on this build.

For some reason the game fires up in borderless window-mode by default. Switch it to full screen using LAlt-Enter. Some folks report it solved their Shadowplay issue.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

For some reason the game fires up in borderless window-mode by default. Switch it to full screen using LAlt-Enter. Some folks report it solved their Shadowplay issue.

Thanks Dude, that made the trick for me! Now I can use shadowplay again with 1.5.

- KGB-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stupid question, but how can you tell if the game has successfully switched from borderless window mode to full screen? I played around with this briefly last night, but wasn't sure... :huh:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 2 years later...

This might be off topic, but does anyone know how I can get the Nvidia Video Capture to stop saying DCS Black Shark and just Digital Combat Simulator? I already know how to change the video save location, but something is forcing it to say Black Shark when I have never own Black Shark. Link some info if you have a step by step guide...thanks!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This might be off topic, but does anyone know how I can get the Nvidia Video Capture to stop saying DCS Black Shark and just Digital Combat Simulator? I already know how to change the video save location, but something is forcing it to say Black Shark when I have never own Black Shark. Link some info if you have a step by step guide...thanks!

Why does that even matter? It's probably on NVIDIA's end also.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• 1 month later...

I am learning OBS and trying to record DCS in VR. I have no issue recording the menu screen but when I record in game it immediately locks DCS.

Any thoughts?

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 2 years later...
On 5/6/2021 at 11:10 AM, Jacquelinana said:

I use a screen recorder from Joyoshare. It is able to record gameplay in 4K or HD quality with no time limit. No watermark. I used OBS before but it sometimes caused black capture window issues for no reason. 

Maybe because you need to use Display Capture and not Game/Window capture, and play with the detection and video settings.

And that's quite an old thread there ...

Edited by Worrazen
  • Like 1

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria