Ride of a lifetime

mbolan

As a 'becoming competent' Huey operator, I just got Mi-8 and after a few zany trips, finally got stable enough to try out Mission 1 - Documents.

Got near the FARP in steep foothills and lost control of my descent, to crash hard on a slope. After several rolls creating massive clouds of dust while shedding rotor blade bits, I had a pilot's view like the inside of a tumble dryer.

I crunched to a shuddering halt facing downhill. More groaning noises followed by a growing and grinding acceleration down the hill on the wheels, with me pushing the brakes and attempting to steer around obstacles. Ahead in a valley, a river! The rush downhill slowed as I braked and levelled out on the river bank. Hope turned to despair as the river picked up the trashed Mi-8 body and swept it grindingly downstream.

Wow! What programming is that? DCS is a flight sim, which it does brilliantly. I can now report that the crash sim is equally exciting.

With underlying programming like that, the designers deserve major accolades.

Indeed!

Next step: Virtual Mud

Wow! This actually looks like its gonna be awesome :)

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"