DCS Mi-8MTV2 First Flight - Start Up and unexpected auto-rotation landing

redfish

Hey Guys,

Just getting the AEF server upgraded to the newest and latest release DCS 1.2.6 and for those that have been living under a rock, the release of DCS 1.2.6 coincides with [fanfare]Belsimtek unveiling DCS Mi-8MTV2 for purchase.[/fanfare].

Logged into AEF webpage, read threads about DCS 1.2.6 has been out for the last six hours..... Logged into ED, Purchased, Credit carded, updated DCS, installed Mi-8, Single player DCS World options menu and assigning key bindings. Saving options. Start training mission – Mi-8 StartUp sequence. Serial keyed, Fraps recording, Start up for first half of video. Auto rotation for second half.

Chapters

01:00 Start Up Procedure

07:30 Take Off

10:00 Flyby

14:09 Landing

16:50 Flyby

19:00 Auto-rotation

20:10 Bounce, bounce, bounce

Redfish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

:thumbup: nice landing without tail :megalol:

Couldn't believe it myself. Lose a tail rotor in the huey and crash. Lose a tail in the Ka-50 and crash. Lose one in the Mi-8 and with a lot of lady luck and you could walk away....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

Couldn't believe it myself. Lose a tail rotor in the huey and crash. Lose a tail in the Ka-50 and crash. Lose one in the Mi-8 and with a lot of lady luck and you could walk away....

Ka-50 wont crash without tail but will be nose heavy ;)

yeah, what's that black bar in the upper right corner ? forces/loads/pressure on tail rotor etc ?

Don't know, haven't read the manual :)

edit: we got nothing yet about that bar in the manual, neither in russian manual :(

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

oh, thanks, but i saw moving things on that bar - i guess that was pedals/tail rotor - but i think he did not use the autopilot in his video :dunno:

even move those sticks on the bar ?

Yup no autopilot. (this thing has an autopilot?? kewl)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A couple of days ago on the Virtual Aerobatics server, I watched someone break off the tail of their Huey, fly up, and land a minute later. Without even ripping off their rotor blades.

Screen_130826_042141.thumb.jpg.55d6cbe3e999b1bf05a85f0c0f1651d0.jpg

Screen_130826_042229.thumb.jpg.06280881d126d4b92ac457e75391ba3a.jpg

WOW,

The Russian engineers know to create the very resistant helicopters, after one chute like that the Mi-8 is almost intact...

The crew members are very lucky, incredible this chute...