Gazelle Mistral and the MP Scoreboard

NeMoGas

It seems as if the Mistral does not count for a +1 on the MP scoreboard. Every time I kill one it seems to vaporize the fuselage and the main rotor goes twirling off. Not sure about the other variants of the Gazelle. Also I'm flying the AV8 and killing them with AIM-9M. Not a big problem but kinda hurts my ego when I check the scoreboard. :lol:

However I have seen this behavior in other servers as well. It's as if the helicopter no longer exists after the first hit. In fact if I fire 2 AIM-9Ms at one, after the first impact the second missile turns sharply as if it lost lock. With any other aircraft in the game the second missile will still hit the blown apart and flaming hulk. However with the Gazelle there is nothing left to hit.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So since I first posted this thread I have shot down hundreds of Gazelle Mistrals online, and have seen this issue hundreds more times. I have also flown the Gazelle Mistral and been shot down a few dozen times, and have taken no deaths on the scoreboard a few dozen more times.

I have also talked to other players who I play with, and they have seen the same thing. For instance I shot one down just last night with an AMG65F from my Hornet, and what do you know no kill. He then respawned and I shot him yet again with and AGM65F about 30 seconds later. This time I got a kill since he was on the ground. During this same match I shot down 2 more Gazelles. One was an M and the other a Mistral. Both died to an AIM9X and again no kills on the board.

The issue seems to be that when the Gazelle is vaporized it does not kick the (player name here) pilot is dead/has crashed event. Maybe it is something else, I can only guess as to the reason based on what I see.

Edited by NeMoGas

So since I first posted this thread I have shot down hundreds of Gazelle Mistrals online, and have seen this issue hundreds more times. I have also flown the Gazelle Mistral and been shot down a few dozen times, and have taken no deaths on the scoreboard a few dozen more times.

I have also talked to other players who I play with, and they have seen the same thing. For instance I shot one down just last night with an AMG65F from my Hornet, and what do you know no kill. He then respawned and I shot him yet again with and AGM65F about 30 seconds later. This time I got a kill since he was on the ground. During this same match I shot down 2 more Gazelles. One was an M and the other a Mistral. Both died to an AIM9X and again no kills on the board.

The issue seems to be that when the Gazelle is vaporized it does not kick the (player name here) pilot is dead/has crashed event. Maybe it is something else, I can only guess as to the reason based on what I see.

Although when I get wasted on MP it tells me the obvious but not always the cause. Interesting, maybe a netcode issue.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok lets say its not easy fix but really...? Need months to almost a year to fix it ? Lol

Never mind.... When I'm bored, I fly this little heli to troll someone in BF with my kinda like bolt of Zeus mistrall missile and gives zero kill score when somone kills me lol.

I'm outta here....

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze