What online Squads are gonna fly A10C hardcore?

Steel Jaw

Not seeing a whole lotta options. The 16th ACCW seems to be the only large wing I can find that is transitioning to DCS A10C exclusively.

Not found many either really, as you say the 16th are making the move over and a few of the Falcon VFWs are flying A-10C as an additional sim. I'm hoping either more VFWs make the switch to DCS now, or some more form on the back of DCSW.

I think after a couple of years away from wings I'm ready to get back into it again, at least when I get back from the GAFA, hopefully some more options will come along between now and January.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Whatever it is man that 'hardcore thing', don't get too much engrossed in it. Games are known to induce insanity, fighters might not but ground ponders do. People like to put troops and stingers in group on ground and like annihilate them with their guns or rockets over and over again and for me thats insanity.

I go around bombing the sh1t out of cities. I mod the warhead file in FC2.0 to make them FAB250 bombs into 100kt nukes. Then I laugh to myself and rock back and forth in the dark mumbling and growling. hehe.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How many of the virtual squadrons using or planning to use the DCS A-10C operate on European Time zone?

I do not mean they have European members but that their activities can be framed in that time zone lets say between 1900 Zulu and 0000 Zulu

Edited by Furia

Furia..............

We are an international squadron, Europe, UK, Can, US, Aus, NZ, Egypt and to be honest we don't have a 'specific' operational time for specific aircrafts. If we have an event on, we try to time it so that it is easiest for the most, but inevitably some of our members can't attend due to the timings.

Online Squadrons are not shops. There are no 'opening times' that i`m aware of. It is a community, and as such is 'open' all the time.

'T'

Edited by Tyger

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

For me the consideration would be pings. I have not delved in MO yet. IS DCS MP pretty much the same inter-continent and intra-continent?

Well....that all depends on where the server is 'H', but in essence it seems to be fine although clearly ping can be an issue. An example is that we have a few members in New Zealand and Australia and when we fly together there is a little lag for them and this can , CAN, induce server lag for everyone else, but it seems to depend generally on the stability and speed of their connection and of course the server. Dedicated Server are the way forward for a truely international Squad such as ours, but even that is not infallible! Saying that however, we do use a dedicated server for our missions, based from california.

'T'

Edited by Tyger

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

Hey mower, you might be interested to look the virtual9thaf up. We fly seriously and have been there for a while.

We got guys from the US GMT-5, GMT-8 and Euro GMT+1

We are looking for pilots who want to fly as a team and focus on tactics and operations rather than "large scale weapon deployment". We will move to DCS-A-10C once it comes out final. Currently we started a partnership with the 5th EVC (GMT-5) who is already on the C for joint training.

That said, I prefer to make no warrantee as to fit your hardcore needs.

• 2 weeks later...
Howdy Rat,

We've got several West Coasties and we've picked up a couple more this week. A few of our members from other time zones have no idea what a bed is for. *grin* I'm Central time myself and I left that crew at 4AM this morning. We typically schedule events around 9PM or so Eastern, but with the influx of Pac time folks we are working on scheduling later events as well, so there should be plenty of people available to fly with.

Boomer I looked at your site, I like what I see. I fly IL2, have FC2, Blachshark and DCS A-10. I also play ARma2 so this might be a good fit. DCS a-10 I want to be my main sim. I might be filling out a application. :thumbup:

Edited by TwoLate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi MOWER. May I ask why you want to join a squad that is limiting itself to one aircraft? The War Hawks have been flying the A-10C. We have multi user interactive brieifing rooms for members. Not just a static map showing shoot here. When you fly with us you will have a true understanding of your mission. You can ask questions and get intel just like in the real world. We have good, mature, easy to get along with people. We have top notch training tools. When you fly with us we are professional. What we are not is joyless and arrogant. So if by hardcore you mean informed, working as a team, using standard operating procedures, and full realism then check us out. If your looking at the 16th ACCW Flying Tigers I can vouche for thier flight knowledge and expertise. The War Hawks and Flying Tigers have flown together in joint operations and I have had a chance to get to know alot of them. Good bunch of guys.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the 16th ACCW Flying Tigers I can vouche for thier flight knowledge and expertise. The War Hawks and Flying Tigers have flown together in joint operations and I have had a chance to get to know alot of them. Good bunch of guys...

Thank you for the compliments Quicksilver. I also agree with Frederf. It is a degree of how realistic you wanna be. As A-10C is in its infancy we are still shaking it out and eagerly awaiting the gold standard.

There are so many great squads out there it is really hard to choose. As you stated the War Hawks are fantastic.

Take care!