Searching: BS servers with eng. voice comms

Bucic

I wanna do some online Ka50 with TS, without needing to join a squad (already in one for ArmA2/OA) is the 104th the place to look?

Yes, most servers will have their TS info listed in their mission briefings. On the 104th you will often find non-squad simmers in TS coordinating. Of course the 104th also has a KA-50 wing with some great training available.

For those in the Oceania region (Australia/New Zealand, Asia), The Older Gamers (=TOG=) are hosting a dedicated server with missions developed by =STP=Dragon.

A Teamspeak server will be available real soon, so I will keep you posted on login details.

Cheers,

Spud.

Good news!

TOG dedicated now has a TS3 server for comms.

Address and p/w on ticker text in game. :)

Rectum non bustus

Good news!

TOG dedicated now has a TS3 server for comms.

Address and p/w on ticker text in game. :)

Good news would be if I got PING below 200 :D What's the IP in case I don't find it on the servers list?

Recently I've been playing mostly on 51st. Few days ago it seemed like a heaven for Sharks. always at least 5 sharks in the air and at least as many fighters to hide from. Unfortunately it got to a point where I could get only one of them on TS, if I were lucky. Playing some time without TS there I've came to a sad realization:

Probably every mission will turn into (at least semi-) airquake if enough players don't use TeamSpeak.

I don't know the IP yet, but you're sure to see it on the list. Once you do, join just to establish a connection history and then in future, if it doesn't show on the list, join via history.

Hope that makes sense.

For the most part, there is only one regular fixed wing flyer (who is also a TOG member) and when he flies CAS, he hunts ground targets. When he flies CAP, then he hunts AI as per the mission, unless there are OpFor harassing his team mates.

Rectum non bustus

I don't know the IP yet, but you're sure to see it on the list. Once you do, join just to establish a connection history and then in future, if it doesn't show on the list, join via history.

Hope that makes sense.

For the most part, there is only one regular fixed wing flyer (who is also a TOG member) and when he flies CAS, he hunts ground targets. When he flies CAP, then he hunts AI as per the mission, unless there are OpFor harassing his team mates.

I reaaaally liked when two F-15 were doing circles around my position, not seeing me, flying past my cannon hot zone every once in a while. My finger was so itchy :D

Good news would be if I got PING below 200 :D What's the IP in case I don't find it on the servers list?

Recently I've been playing mostly on 51st. Few days ago it seemed like a heaven for Sharks. always at least 5 sharks in the air and at least as many fighters to hide from. Unfortunately it got to a point where I could get only one of them on TS, if I were lucky. Playing some time without TS there I've came to a sad realization:

Probably every mission will turn into (at least semi-) airquake if enough players don't use TeamSpeak.

Solution? Integrated VoIP, as ED some time ago has mentioned :)

With VoIP every player has opportunity to speak without unnecessary apps.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Solution? Integrated VoIP, as ED some time ago has mentioned :)

With VoIP every player has opportunity to speak without unnecessary apps.

It's not the additional apps and you know it. Besides if it's an unbreachable wall for a guy (getting TS ready) then I don't want him as my wingman anyway ;)

Today I flew with a Russian guy with not-so-good English. At one point I didn't even knew if he already took off, if he's taking off at the moment or is going to, but it still was MUCH better than chat line! :D Which I don't use ever, BTW. Well, maybe for urging others to join TeamSpeak server.

To speak via TS you have to click on app icon, run it, click Connect button ect...

Via VoIP, all people on server can communicate, you don't bother anything else (except example setting up radio frequency in Ka-50).

Do u remember when you asked me if I couldn't join TS on my server? I said "I can't now". Reason was I would have to minimize game and run TS. With VoIP we could start immediately :D

I used to play games on Steam and there is inbuilt voice comm. It works really nice. You click on somebody or talk to all. Fast and easy.

Summing it up, VoIP gives every player opportunity to speak, TS can't cause proportionally small amount of people enter TS when they're playing IMHO, especially ground pounders.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• 2 weeks later...

Address and password for TOG TS3 server will be displayed in game.

The will protect the players who have BS and FC2 from Voip spammers who generally waste our time and cause havoc in game. After all, here in Australia, it's school holidays for over a month!

• Like 1

Rectum non bustus

OK, I can't seem to find anyone to fly with TS, so if you're up for it (or co-op campaign) then let me know via TS on one of the channels listed in my sig (best, use chat if I'm 'muted') or send me a message via the forum PM.

Every time I look, the 104th server is populated, and you have a better chance of catching up with someone there...

It's so strange. As an Australian Server, we have more Russian visitors than Oceania or Pacific visitors. Pings in excess of 400ms don't seem to worry some people. Stranger still, I would have thought there are more servers for Blackshark in Russia than our little operation!

Rectum non bustus