Any ideas on what's causing this issue?

sirrah

I noticed this several times now in various missions.

When flying over sea, the sea sometimes very briefly changes (flickers) from the normal blue-ish color to light grey-ish. This only happens in the right lens and when looking at a specific area.

It looks like this:

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10243

ignore that the screenshots don't look exactly the same, I had to take two screenshots to capture the problem

It only happens when I move my head looking at a certain point (comes very narrow and appears not to be allways the same point). Problem is, everytime I move my head around this point, the sea flickers from blue to grey and back to blue again in my right eye, which is highly annoying

I use an Oculus Rift cv1, have water detail set to low and ASW forced off. (system specs in my signature)

Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'm not sure what you mean there

Do you suggest to reinstall Kegetys' shader mod?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'm not sure what you mean there

Do you suggest to reinstall Kegetys' shader mod?

I mean delete "fxo" and "metashaders2" folders in dcs saved games to force the game to rebuild shaders, it can help

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

I mean delete "fxo" and "metashaders2" folders in dcs saved games to force the game to rebuild shaders, it can help

Ah ok, will try that as soon as I have the time

System specs:

• 1 month later...

Sorry for re-opening this thread, but unfortunately I'm still having this issue.

After yesterdays update I reinstalled Kegetys shader mod. I followed every step, including deleting existing terrain shaders and rebuilding them (long loading time).

I also deleted the fxo and metashaders2 folders in my saved games folder.

Still I'm having this problem:

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10243

Again, it only happens with water textures and only if I look in certain directions (very small sweet spot, which results in a flickering image when turning my head)

Anyone else experienced this issue? And how did you solve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(By the way, I've water set to low in system settings)

System specs:

turn the water to high.

ive seen a few problems with people using medium or low.

switching to high usually fixes it.

and water settings don't effect framerate that much.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

turn the water to high.

ive seen a few problems with people using medium or low.

switching to high usually fixes it.

and water settings don't effect framerate that much.

That did the trick! Thanks!

I asumed setting water textures to high would be a big hit on framerate (because I noticed pretty much all vr users had set it to low), but like you said, it is hardly noticable and looks much better.

System specs: