JF17 Unknown Module

dbw

Thanks for the reply.

How does one switch to the open beta? I have never used it.

I have Standalone stable and would also like to know what the procedure is. Can't seem to get an answer anywhere other than using a 'Skatezilla' utility. Surely it's as easy as Steam?

ED boned this up again as it doesn't even indicate on the Steam page that you need open beta for this. I guess I just won't try and won't buy if I can't figure out how to install both open beta and stable at the same time.

And is the open beta still laggy and broken as most have suggested?

Edited by aleader

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

On the E-shop of the website it sais: "CAN BE INSTALLED IN OPEN BETA ONLY!"

How to install OB? Either via Skatezillas app, via command lines (See here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030) or by downloading the Open Beta.

Yah, I did a search and found my options. That thread is from 2013 and there is no way I would ever be able to find it without knowing exactly what I'm looking for (I don't spend every day on these forums). This title: "GUIDE / INFO : DCS Updater Usage, Version Numbers, Module IDs" is not intuitive at all. How about 'How to Install Open Beta' instead? Is there an award for making things complicated now? Not in any of the jobs I've worked in....they tend to frown on that. Making a free trial as difficult as possible. If you go to Steam, there is no way you would ever know that you need open beta for this module. I've said it before, these guys could use a marketing class...

Edited by aleader

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Yah, I did a search and found my options. That thread is from 2013 and there is no way I would ever be able to find it without knowing exactly what I'm looking for (I don't spend every day on these forums). This title: "GUIDE / INFO : DCS Updater Usage, Version Numbers, Module IDs" is not intuitive at all. How about 'How to Install Open Beta' instead? Is there an award for making things complicated now?

If you'd read Skatezillas utility thread, you'd see that the other thread is linked pretty much early on in the post.