Random Lag and gamebreaking stuttering..

DeTesla

When are the devs of this flight simulator gonna take Virtual Reality seriously ?

The random lag and stuttering while flying in VR is absolutely game breaking.

Just take a look at my case;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sDPc3lCye68ZGSXJvR-lgIgTHMQDjvey

(I know Google drive has a bad rep of playing videos but it was the best i could do under my current circumstances)

I am quite sure i am not the only one who has this problem, but the point is, this problem has persisted ever since VR compatibility has been introduced to DCS: World. I feels like the devs just slapped some bad code to make it just compatible enough to "work" and never looked at it again.

It is quite frustrating to know that the devs have seemingly "abandoned" the VR scene and deemed it "good enough".

I wonder how long it'll take before DCS Developers realises VR is something to properly develop into a real, flawless feature.

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

When are the devs of this flight simulator gonna take Virtual Reality seriously ?

The random lag and stuttering while flying in VR is absolutely game breaking.

Just take a look at my case;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sDPc3lCye68ZGSXJvR-lgIgTHMQDjvey

(I know Google drive has a bad rep of playing videos but it was the best i could do under my current circumstances)

I am quite sure i am not the only one who has this problem, but the point is, this problem has persisted ever since VR compatibility has been introduced to DCS: World. I feels like the devs just slapped some bad code to make it just compatible enough to "work" and never looked at it again.

It is quite frustrating to know that the devs have seemingly "abandoned" the VR scene and deemed it "good enough".

I wonder how long it'll take before DCS Developers realises VR is something to properly develop into a real, flawless feature.

I promise I’m not trying to be a jerk, honest question. Where are your settings, DeTesla? I ask because you are running minimum specs for VR. If your settings are medium or higher, you’re probably going to have some performance issues... Any MSAA or shadows?

F/A-18C Hornet, i9 9900K OC 5.0G, 1TB Intel 660 M.2 SSD, Z390 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, GeForce RTX 2080TI, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T-Rudder, Oculus Rift S, Open Wheeler GEN2 Sim Chair w/ Warthog Upgrade.

As my rig stands today, i have quite low settings. However texture is high due to being in VR in the first place. However, with this said, i experience very little consistent lag due to my specs. I get 40+ frame rates during normal play, except when i get these random framedrops to 1fps at the worst, even when im 40k feet in altitude.

So why it happens, even when im high in altitude with noone around, i dont know.

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

Well perhaps save a track and report it too ED.. I am unsure what could be happening but it can be many things..

I am always looking at these performance issue threads and it has been a range of issues and sometimes it ends up being an enduser issue with some sort of rouge program or just bad setup of PC..

have you run a cleanup and repair after deleting FXO and metashaders folders.. plus the DCS Folder under your maps ?? what are your DCS settings and nVidia settings? Do you use MSAA or SSLR??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Well perhaps save a track and report it too ED.. I am unsure what could be happening but it can be many things..

I am always looking at these performance issue threads and it has been a range of issues and sometimes it ends up being an enduser issue with some sort of rouge program or just bad setup of PC..

have you run a cleanup and repair after deleting FXO and metashaders folders.. plus the DCS Folder under your maps ?? what are your DCS settings and nVidia settings? Do you use MSAA or SSLR??

My apologies for late reply.

I had a bunch of files in FXO and Metashader folders, so deleted that.

DCS folder under my maps ? no idea what that is, but i searched for it, found nothing.

DCS graphic settings are fairly low, however texture quality is high to allow me to read labels inside the cockpit.

I do not use MSAA or SSLR.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs

Delete the DCS Folder here in that local if installed in default location.. remeber there is a DCS folder under each set of terrains you own..

Yes we VR users definetely need High on Textures.. :) do you have in the nvidia control panel under manage 3D settings - Power Manangment mode set to prefer maximum performance??

Also what is your Super Sampling in DCS and for your VR unit??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs

Delete the DCS Folder here in that local if installed in default location.. remeber there is a DCS folder under each set of terrains you own..

Yes we VR users definetely need High on Textures.. :) do you have in the nvidia control panel under manage 3D settings - Power Manangment mode set to prefer maximum performance??

Also what is your Super Sampling in DCS and for your VR unit??

Why are you recommending the deletion of the DCS folders under each terrain?

This is advice that is given to users of that questionable Shaders mod.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Why are you recommending the deletion of the DCS folders under each terrain?

This is advice that is given to users of that questionable Shaders mod.

it is not my reccomendation but see here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4127940&postcount=11

it is not my reccomendation but see here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4127940&postcount=11

That’s not advice, it’s just one guy, or maybe two, mixing things up. One of these useless tips that starts moving around just because one person mentions it. Not good to delete DCS install files. Makes no difference, anyway, to performance.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

That’s not advice, it’s just one guy, or maybe two, mixing things up. One of these useless tips that starts moving around just because one person mentions it. Not good to delete DCS install files. Makes no difference, anyway, to performance.

Well then do you have a link to show where they officially say why not to delete those DCS Folders??

Another Squad I fly with mentioned it as well.. Plus since they are Shader files as well I thought it was relevant to delete those as well after a cleanup, repair.. maybe I can start a new thread and ask if you can not provide a link as I don't want to spread misinformation about what to delete and not too.. :)

Edited by The_Nephilim

Hard to find links telling you not to do some random action!

Could you find a link to tell you not to delete the main DCS folder?

As I said, deleting those DCS folders relates only to those who are installing the shaders mod.

I’ll leave you to it now.

I will post in the thread I linked to see if I get an answer..

I got a responce and it was part of the shader mod reccomendation NOT to do after a cleanup and repair.. I will see If I can find the Shader mod thread.. so sorry to reccoemnd something not needed.. I will note for further reference..

thnak you

Stay Safe. :)

Edited by The_Nephilim

That’s not advice, it’s just one guy, or maybe two, mixing things up. One of these useless tips that starts moving around just because one person mentions it.

Aka 99% of the tech advice in the VR forum.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Yup. I've never seen any difference with deleting those files and letting them rebuild. The only time you have to do it is when you use the shaders mod. I think we can classify this one as an urban legend...in the same vein as erroneous posts, later recanted, involving "finding the Holy Grail of performance" by setting the WMR refresh rate to 60Hz, or telling people that Steam VRs Motion Smoothing is automatically enabled on WMR headsets. :lol:

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

The only purpose of deleting the dcs folders folders under each terrain, is to force a recompile with different shader settings, the people providing this advice, are not actually understanding the context in which the original advice was provided. If you are using the shaders mod, then removing those dcs folders under maps allows the shaders mod to work. Otherwise it has no impact other than increasing your start up time.

Deleting fxo and Metashaders2 under saved games, may have a benefit, but mostly it’s just a hygiene thing, it has little or no intrinsic perf benefit on its own, but it can remove some graphic artefacts that happen occasionally when you up grade or change some of the settings.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg