My Final DCS World 2.5 Install Experience

Emra

As many of you, I was currently using 2.5 Beta (latest) update and was a little perplexed about the DCS final download or conversion to DCS 2.5 "Release."

What I did (after reading some legitimate questions) pertaining to beta conversion was:

1. I downloaded the DCS 2.5 "Release" like a first time user (leave the beta on HD for now).

2. Now I have two versions on my SSD. I can run either one as separate versions.

3. I boot up the "Release"" version. Which won`t have my saves from the beta showing (but they are in "user" saves on the HD). All my modules appear in both versions. Wait for the initial lengthy boot-up (shader cache building etc.).

4. I revisit my graphics settings first and notice how they are not the same as my "beta" version (which might explain why the FPS were lower on "release" version). e.g. MSAA was set to 8. . .Ouch!

5. I now can see I have two DCS 2.5 icons in my start menu which puzzles me at first. One indicates DCS 2.4 beta and the other DCS 2.5. Also, my SSD now has two installs which I don`t want (for space saving reasons).

6. I go to Control Panel. Search for DCS Installer (even though it only shows 6.5 MB for installer). I uninstall this one which uninstalls the whole "beta" version.

7. I check my SSD and all I see is DCS 2.5 (new) in my start menu and all is well.

My "beta" missions did not show in the Editor but they are in my "user" saved file as described below by SkateZilla

I hope this answers some questions. Cheers.

Emra

Edited by Emra
Correct Info

As many of you, I was currently using 2.5 Beta (latest) update and was a little perplexed about the DCS final download or conversion to DCS 2.5 (New).

What I did (after reading some legitimate questions) pertaining to beta conversion was:

1. I downloaded the DCS 2.5 Final like a first time user (leave the beta on HD for now).

2. Now I have two versions on my SSD. I can run either one as separate versions.

3. I boot up the "new" version. Which won`t have my saves from the beta unfortunately, but will have all the modules installed. Wait for the initial lengthy boot-up (shader cache building etc.).

4. I revisit my graphics settings first and notice how they are not the same as my "beta" version (which might explain why the FPS were lower on final version). e.g. MSAA was set to 8. . .Ouch!

5. I now can see I have two DCS 2.5 icons in my start menu which puzzles me at first. Also, my SSD (or HDD) has two installs which I don`t want (for space saving reasons).

6. I go to Control Panel. Search for DCS Installer (even though it shows 6.5 MB). I uninstall this which uninstalls the whole "beta" version.

7. I check my SSD and all I see is DCS 2.5 (new) and all is well.

The only down side to this was I lost my custom missions which I probably could have saved if I wanted to but I wanted a complete clean install.

I hope this answers some questions. Cheers.

Emra

Missions should be in /Saved Games/DCS.Beta (or DCS.install)

Typically, if a user doesnt change the settings, there are 3 Saved Games Folders:

RELEASE VERSIONS = /Saved Games/DCS/

OPEN BETA VERSIONS = /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/

OPEN ALPHA VERSIONS = /Saved Games/DCS.openalpha/

Installers and updaters should touch these.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs