ICLS needle size

capthaltli

I know the ICLS needles have not been released yet, but looking at the recent video and pictures from DCS, the ICLS needles appear shorter than the ones I have seen in HUD tapes for Legacy Hornets. Maybe the size of the ICLS needles changed with the differnt Lots. Any thoughts?

Here is a video from VFA-37 cruise (flying the Charlie) HUD tapes show ICLS at 1:17 and 1:50 mark, needles look longer then the preview we have seen so far.

Thanks DCS for the awesome jet and continued updates!

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

I see something different there as well. The roll indicator sits much higher than in our module, just slightly below the FPM, E Bracket and ICLS lines.

It's spot on since day one from comparing to HUD tapes.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

Yeah I couldn't understand which one is the ils line while watching the video

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Most obvious comparison is with the size of the velocity vector indicator. In the real thing the ICLS lines appear to be nearly double the width, whereas in DCS they're almost identical size.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Checked out the update yesterday and I had hoped that they would correct the ILS lines' length before the update, but it didn't happen. I also noticed that even Superhornets have the long lines in their HUDs so I'm not sure why they have them short in our late Hornet. Obviously not a serious issue but I hope ED are aware of it.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now