After the Tomcat?

carss

We need to be realistic, we're not going to get a Russian fighter that is post 70's. Razbam already tried with there MiG-23, but ED didn't give them the green light. I would love to see more Redfor aircraft, but it's just not going to happen. That said I think the Intruder would be perfect, that way we would have a perfect 1990's CVW.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

We need to be realistic, we're not going to get a Russian fighter that is post 70's. Razbam already tried with there MiG-23, but ED didn't give them the green light. I would love to see more Redfor aircraft, but it's just not going to happen. That said I think the Intruder would be perfect, that way we would have a perfect 1990's CVW.

Well there is the upcoming JF-17 which is a proper 4th gen Chinese plane which is perfect for redfor. So if not Russian then maybe we can make do with Chinese or some other. As for Russian planes, I think the best bet would be other FC level aircraft

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

This little bandit would be ideal for DCS.

RJQkzm6.jpg

I always thought the 51st's Stormo logo was the coolest in the Air Force!

If I recall correctly, they said that Razbam's Mig-23 would "interfere with existing plans", not that they could never get the proper information or whatever. I agree we likely aren't going to get a 2005 Flanker/Fulcrum like with the Hornet, but that doesn't mean they can't add anything remotely modern (like an export Mig-23MLD to name one).

So since the Tomcat is going full steam ahead, just out of curiosity, been wondering what could be next in the pipeline for DCS by Heatblur? Personally I just hope it's a century series fighter, or a straight wing jet like the F-80 or Dassault Ouragan. Anyhow was just curious, as have always been

after the Tomcat is before the bugfix.

• 2 months later...
Im confused, this post says the F-14 is fully expected to be released in 2017 and that 2018 is the “year of improvements”... what happened?

In the world + Devs in DCS, there is lots of talk, then there is the reality that the talk was just that ... I think the only aircraft that was released on time was the F/A-18

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies. We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

We don't want to be stuck in the eternal Beta rut.

if 2018 will be the year of releasing (not improvement) the F14, it would be good enough.

Im confused, this post says the F-14 is fully expected to be released in 2017 and that 2018 is the “year of improvements”... what happened?

Well, guess what: Delay is what happened

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What, you mean like the Viggen?

The Viggen was pretty much feature complete upon Early Access release, unlike RAZBAMs modules.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hoping they get the license that is

+1 :joystick:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 3 weeks later...
In the world + Devs in DCS, there is lots of talk, then there is the reality that the talk was just that ... I think the only aircraft that was released on time was the F/A-18

You mean Half Baked, fully Bugged, but hey on time LOL....

Heatblur could do the same and release the Cat with only AIM 9ers, no radar, no IFF, no ECM or EWR LOL just a nice airframe and engines to fly arround ;)..oh and the gun of course but no piper ;)

A-6 Intruder hmmm could be cool but.. with the new code and such that Heatblur has shown they can do (AI) why not shoot for the EA-18G Growler.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_EA-18G_Growler

E/A-18G maybe way too advanced. Why not the F-111 and the EF-111 instead?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

A-6 Intruder hmmm could be cool but.. with the new code and such that Heatblur has shown they can do (AI) why not shoot for the EA-18G Growler.

Its too advanced and its only recently they fully replaced the EA6. EA -18G would not make sense since ECM modeling in DCS is not that developed and one cannot truly replicate an ECM, espcially is sim.

It makes more sense to develop an F-18E/F than EA-18G growler. When compared, Only the base superhornet has more marketable features over the growler...which is basically a superhornet modded ONLY for ECM and SEAD ops.

Its too advanced and its only recently they fully replaced the EA6. EA -18G would not make sense since ECM modeling in DCS is not that developed and one cannot truly replicate an ECM, especially is sim.

It makes more sense to develop an F-18E/F than EA-18G growler. When compared, Only the base superhornet has more marketable features over the growler...which is basically a superhornet modded ONLY for ECM and SEAD ops.