Flight Deck Crew update

Devil 505

Hey gents,

I know the community will probably roast me for asking, but its going to happen any way. I am super thrilled about the Tomcat coming out but do you think we could have an update on the deck crew and how well those assests are coming along? Even if its just a teaser? I have longed for a proper aircraft carrier in a flight sim for many years now and I know you guys are going to deliver.

Regards

Robert

The next video from Wags will show some carrier updates. Both RAZBAM and Heatblur are contributing. Updates are coming often nowadays, so you already know what the appropriate answer is.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

The next video from Wags will show some carrier updates. Both RAZBAM and Heatblur are contributing. Updates are coming often nowadays, so you already know what the appropriate answer is.

Really? I thought he just make a island hoping around the new map?

Animations for ground crew is already partially done.

Indeed, last week Razbam posted this.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

You say they are contributing, which implies they are all working on the same tech, but my impression is, that all three (ED, Heatblur, RAZBAM) are working on their own seperate implementation of flight deck crews.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You say they are contributing, which implies they are all working on the same tech, but my impression is, that all three (ED, Heatblur, RAZBAM) are working on their own seperate implementation of flight deck crews.

That's my take as well, but I don't know if that's the case.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's my take as well, but I don't know if that's the case.

I hope I'm wrong. That would be a waste of ressources and makes things more complicated later.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Indeed, last week Razbam posted this.

Seem like they lowered the quality of the crew member from the original forum post. They probably had to because the quality of the original crew member was too detailed. Probably killed the fps.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Seem like they lowered the quality of the crew member from the original forum post. They probably had to because the quality of the original crew member was too detailed. Probably killed the fps.

I think you're mixing with Heathblur

I think you're mixing with Heathblur

yup :doh: :)

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I hope I'm wrong. That would be a waste of ressources and makes things more complicated later.

I agree, but its a logical assumption that the animated deck crew will be part of the the hi-res carriers purchase. That said, would not the program code be proprietary to some degree? Otherwise RAZBAM would have the TPOD from the A-10 and be done with it. It seems to me that each company is responsible for themselves and their modules, unless a specific partnership is arranged. Such as the case with the F-18.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree, but its a logical assumption that the animated deck crew will be part of the the hi-res carriers purchase. That said, would not the program code be proprietary to some degree? Otherwise RAZBAM would have the TPOD from the A-10 and be done with it. It seems to me that each company is responsible for themselves and their modules, unless a specific partnership is arranged. Such as the case with the F-18.

Core technologies are developed by ED and are available to 3rd parties through the respective interfaces. But even then, they can still choose to do their own stuff if they like to. An example for this would be the ground mapping radar tech.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Core technologies are developed by ED and are available to 3rd parties through the respective interfaces. But even then, they can still choose to do their own stuff if they like to. An example for this would be the ground mapping radar tech.

I see, the Viggen comes to mind then.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I know some of the Viggen's A2G radar is going to used with the Hornet.

3rd parties and ED don't usually share tech, so they'll have to make their own.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

3rd parties and ED don't usually share tech, so they'll have to make their own.

really? Even though its understandbale from a marketing point of view, it doesnt makes sense to me from a technical point of view. I mean...its the same engine, the one need to know what the other´s doing to make sure it´ll work later on within the same workframe..Am I´m wrong there?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

really? Even though its understandbale from a marketing point of view, it doesnt makes sense to me from a technical point of view. I mean...its the same engine, the one need to know what the other´s doing to make sure it´ll work later on within the same workframe..Am I´m wrong there?

Your first thought is more correct. A collaboration is not a friendship. These are still businesses. 3rd party developers are directly or indirectly competing with each other. While it makes the most sense that everything is on the table and shared, it isn't prudent to do so with open flood gates with someone whom might later accidentally or on purpose take all of your customers. It's good to remember that not all potential 3rd party aircraft have passed ED's muster.

The following is purely hypothetical for the sake of argument. 3rd party developers Alpha and Bravo are two different entities, each with their own employees and bills to pay. Let's say Alpha develop system X that they use on their next aircraft. Bravo also need system X on their next aircraft. Is it Alpha's responsibility to take care of another company? Is that how business works? Not usually. Going further into the example let's say that Bravo does not develop system X and their planned aircraft has stalled suffering delays, or has to be shelved altogether. At this point Alpha is the only new aircraft in rotation, and their profit increases. We can also flip the result and say that Alpha was feeling generous and shared system X with Bravo. Now that system X is in the new Bravo aircraft it works, and the rest of the aircraft is so amazing that people forget all about Alpha. Furthermore Bravo would get the credit for developing system X better than Alpha and be regarded as the better company. Customers typically care more about the result than the origin.

There can be other examples of why keeping information close to the chest is prudent business, but I think you might see how things can become complicated quickly. This isn't to say that some sharing has never happened, but there is a careful cost vs benefit that is weighed when making these types of decisions. It's not done as a matter of course, but usually as an agreement of mutual support, and often involves some sort of compensation to keep everyone honest and animosity low.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks @Scrape for the good explanation.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Or they could sell licenses on parts of the software and benefit other parties as well as themselves!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo