Wing flex for player and AI aircraft for high G turns and turbulence

carss

Just a thought for more realism, could be amazing.........

Here are a few examples........

Wingflex is very visible on this F-15 while making it's high G turns

And here's one of the F-16.....

Edited by carss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

The F-86F has Wingfles for player,

There are Wingflex Animations on several of the new models, F-18C included.

I dont think the AI has Wingflex.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The F-86F has Wingfles for player,

There are Wingflex Animations on several of the new models, F-18C included.

I dont think the AI has Wingflex.

So the AI F/A-18C has wingflex, or is it the upcoming model?

P.S what is the estimated date for pre sale of the F/A-18? Just asking?

Edited by carss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

The External Model has the Animation,

As for the Rest, Nothing's been announced yet outside of Later in 2016

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

No animation on the -39s,

there's animations on the F-5E Externals though,

The AI does not appear to have wingflex last time I checked.

Wing flex is a standard arg in DCS now. If you build it into the model it'll show up.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Wing flex is a standard arg in DCS now. If you build it into the model it'll show up.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk.

So Arg 280 is Used by AI?

Yes I want that too.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

So Arg 280 is Used by AI?

Pretty sure yeah, I'll have to check but I remember the wings on my Viper flexing when the AI was flying it.

Yeah AI can use it. Its pretty noticeable with the RQ-9. Watch it land, the wings are ever so slightly bent from the lift being generated. Once the aircraft lands and gets below a certain speed the wings settle to being pretty much straight out.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Pretty sure yeah, I'll have to check but I remember the wings on my Viper flexing when the AI was flying it.

Might have been a recent addition, I put the F-5E AI against another fighter and didn't notice any wing flex at 8 G; but that was maybe 4 weeks ago

I use my own cockpit sensor / system to control wingflex and vapor animations based on complex compilations of Mach/VerticalAcceleration/AoA.

it'd be awesome if we could put that in the actual aircraft lua to define custom control surface animations for AI.

If the AI uses it, then Fantastic, would seem weird if they didnt.

Edited by SkateZilla

Might have been a recent addition, I put the F-5E AI against antoher fighter and didnt noticed any wing flex at 8 G.

I use my own cockpit sensor / system to control wingflex and vapor.

it'd be awesome if we could put that in the actual aircraft lua to define custom control surface animations for AI.

I saw the the screens of your E/F/G bugs, Skate... those are some sweet models! Hope we'll one day see them as AI!

I use my own cockpit sensor / system to control wingflex and vapor animations based on complex compilations of Mach/VerticalAcceleration/AoA.

Well yeah, then the AI won't know how the heck to use wing flex. If you don't do that and have it set to the standard arg of 280 the AI controlled aircraft will have wing flex.

• 1 year later...

I would like to mention that noise could be a winning addition to the current wingflex animation. The smooth flexing behaviour we have currently is certainly an improvement over having no flex at all, but it looks very unrealistic in its smootheness.

I don't think it would be hard to make a noise model that is fed with only a handful of parameters (e.g. IAS, wingload, or maybe even a simple function dependent only on wingflex is enough) from the flight model and make that generate acceleration noise that is superimposed on the output of the flex model. So essentially it could boil down to this: More flex->more flex noise. IMHO this simple measure could look immensely more realistic than making it completely smooth.

Stores oscillations would be awesome too, but i understand that that is a very complicated topic and data may not be available for many airframes.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I would like to mention that noise could be a winning addition to the current wingflex animation. The smooth flexing behaviour we have currently is certainly an improvement over having no flex at all, but it looks very unrealistic in its smootheness.

I don't think it would be hard to make a noise model that is fed with only a handful of parameters (e.g. IAS, wingload, or maybe even a simple function dependent only on wingflex is enough) from the flight model and make that generate acceleration noise that is superimposed on the output of the flex model. So essentially it could boil down to this: More flex->more flex noise. IMHO this simple measure could look immensely more realistic than making it completely smooth.

Stores oscillations would be awesome too, but i understand that that is a very complicated topic and data may not be available for many airframes.

AMEN!, thats more or less what I asked in the live stream topic...having such an "isolated" wing flex looks too "artificial" even if the flex is physically accurate...introducing some noise/animation to it would make it TONS better.:)

Take a look at my MODS here

+1

I think this would really add to the effect in a huge way. Really completes it.