[FIXED] 2.5.0.15085 - problems with gear and startup

ams999

Since the update to 2.5.0.15085 the gear switch of the Fw190 is at the 'ein' position, so as soon as electricity is switched on, the gear retracts on the ground.

Easy enough when doing the cold start (just press 'aus' first) but the instant action take-off mission is unplayable this way.

From cold start, I can't start the engine anymore; doing the same procedure as before the update, the engine splutters but doesn't run - has the startup procedure been changed?

Thanks!

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I just came up with the exact same problem. After 2 days of trying to get the update to complete I can't even get the 190 started now. I checked the Startup Training mission and the procedure is the same. The engine won't start and you must hit the extend landing gear button first or else you fall to the ground.

It's certainly one way to lose the war. :P

Update:

I just tried the Bf-109 and the P-51D. Those are both okay. The issue is solely with the Fw-190.

Edited by kelpie

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

It's also talked about in the spitfire section of the forums. Seems to be a patch related problem and ED is working on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

It's also talked about in the spitfire section of the forums. Seems to be a patch related problem and ED is working on it.

Good to know Kappi. :thumbup: I don't have the Spitfire so I couldn't test that one. As long as ED knows about it we'll be in good shape by the next update. :smilewink: Until then, I'll just keep working on keeping the 109 flying. For some reason my engine bangs and stops working shortly after takeoff. I never have that problem with the 190 and the 51D.

Edited by kelpie

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

And I just noticed that in the other missions where the engine is running (dogfight, free flight) the engine immediately dies.

Hope ED can fix this soon...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

Fixed for me now via latest update, thank you ED!