Radar self test

RNeves

When I start the aircraft and after activating all the systems, I try to do the radar self test and the radar screen lights up and just stays that way, not doing the self test.

Anyone else with this problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Are you sure you have waited for the radar to warm up?

From page 129 in the manual :

Therefore,you can turn the RP-22 radar main mode (RV62) to stand-by when your aircraft is ready for takeoff. Usually, it will take between 3 and 5 minutes for the radar to warm up. After the warm-up time has passed, you can test the radar using the RP-22 radar self-test button (CM51).

• Like 1

Mig-21 - Mig 15 - Mi-8 - F-86 - FC3 - Ka-50 - CA - L39 - Hawk - M2K - NTTR - A10C - FW190 - L39 - F-5E - AJS 37 - Normandy - F/A-18C - Persian Gulf -

I'll try that and post the results when i'm done

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

I tried to put the radar in stanby mode and give it some minutes to warm up (around 10 minutes just to make sure) and the same happened, the image stays fixed.

I attached a picture showing the radar screen when I press the self test button.

radar.thumb.jpg.e6dfc396847f9c8dd9460ffe311ec17c.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:doh:

Problem solved!

Didn't remember that I had to lock the target to start the test...

Thanks alot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]