South Atlantic Theatre aircraft and equipment. - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #111
SVTONY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco View Post
Thnas Why a representation of the continent would be much better, at an unrealistic shorter distance in order to improrve playability. I did an IL2 Sturmovic map NMod back in the day and I brough the islands about 200Km closer to the continent, to avoid ridicule flight times, specially in Il2 prop aircrafts....They could even Add a small island to represent Ascension way up north

P.D. I hope the "realism corps" don´t jump to my neck LOL

Its a pity we cant have modders doing maps due to teh complexity of it all, otherwise a nice patagonia map including Chile and Argentina would be awesom for some 70s Beagle Channel dispute
I respectfully disagree IMO. Flying an hour to the Falklands is what's going to make this map very interesting to me. Having to worry about and manage my fuel, while having a limited time over the island and returning back to base on fumes is what's going to make this map tense and interesting.

There's also the fact that since this is a sandbox, we can have hypothetical situations, such as British forces pushing past the islands and invading Argentina. You wouldn't have to travel far to engage them in that context.

Intel Core i7-6800K/16GB RAM/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:13 PM   #112
Baco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTONY View Post
I respectfully disagree IMO. Flying an hour to the Falklands is what's going to make this map very interesting to me. Having to worry about and manage my fuel, while having a limited time over the island and returning back to base on fumes is what's going to make this map tense and interesting.

There's also the fact that since this is a sandbox, we can have hypothetical situations, such as British forces pushing past the islands and invading Argentina. You wouldn't have to travel far to engage them in that context.
I agree, only that same scenario can be achieved by reducing the starting fuel on the argentinian planes, thus replicating the situation and simulating the longuer distances

And Yes I really really hope they actually include some Argentinian territory to have all kind of scenarios play off, not just 1982.

You can have an all outy WW3 where soviets invade Malvinas/Falklands, and establish a strategic choke point and have Nato strike back from the continent (Argentina is NATO observer since 1992 and even send combat ships during Desert Storm).

Or you could Have China strike a deal with Argentinian leftist governemnts (we actually have a rocket |-satelite laucnh agreement- base in our territory now) and hit Falklands/Malvinas from the continent....

Now if its just the islands.. well ist going tobe A "modern Philipines" scenario jejeje
AND very hard to replicate 1982...
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:39 AM   #113
Prowler111
3rd Party Developer

The plan is to include the Argentina main terrain, at least the airbases involved, so yes, it will be a long, fuel management, flight (the proverbial 2 hrs of boredom with 10 seconds of sheer terror). All what you have seen is early stuff, there is a lot still to do and to research (by this i mean there are traveling plans cooking) and so on.
Prowler111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:48 AM   #114
Jester986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler111 View Post
The plan is to include the Argentina main terrain, at least the airbases involved, so yes, it will be a long, fuel management, flight (the proverbial 2 hrs of boredom with 10 seconds of sheer terror). All what you have seen is early stuff, there is a lot still to do and to research (by this i mean there are traveling plans cooking) and so on.

Ok, I've heard all I need to. I'll just setup my direct deposit to you Prowler.
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #115
jojo

I know it didn't happen, but I have to say I would love to play the ARA Veinticinco de Mayo Vs British task group.
Plus the flights would be shorter too

A-4 & Super Etendard on Veinticinco de Mayo

Also we would need the SP-2H as AI unit (the type saw its last days of service in the conflict, but played its part before being withdrawn).

ED should add SURPIC (Surface Picture) to maritime patrol aircraft, like AWACS for air picture. I would be useful both for Hornet in Harpoon mission and for South Atlantic theatre.

Don't beat me, this is just my Christmas list
Old 09-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #116
SVTONY

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I know it didn't happen, but I have to say I would love to play the ARA Veinticinco de Mayo Vs British task group.
Plus the flights would be shorter too

A-4 & Super Etendard on Veinticinco de Mayo

Also we would need the SP-2H as AI unit (the type saw its last days of service in the conflict, but played its part before being withdrawn).

ED should add SURPIC (Surface Picture) to maritime patrol aircraft, like AWACS for air picture. I would be useful both for Hornet in Harpoon mission and for South Atlantic theatre.

Don't beat me, this is just my Christmas list
It would be pretty awesome.

Intel Core i7-6800K/16GB RAM/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:37 PM   #117
jojo

Isn’t it ?

Yeah, I know...day dream
Old 09-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #118
iLOVEwindmills

I'm still somewhat unclear on what this pack will contain, will all the planes be modelled to the specs in this conflict? So we will have an export Mirage 3 and Etendard for instance?

Will there be weapons and equipment from the more numerous domestic and later versions? Or will it strictly be the version from this conflict and the equipment they used there?
iLOVEwindmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:29 PM   #119
Fercyful

Thumbs up

Quote:
Great news! Add Argentina (partial) and insta buy from me
Fercyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:05 PM   #120
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Quote:
If you put Argentine Mainland, can be put a "Ascension" island to deploy Vulcans, Victor tankers and Nimrod naval patrol crafts at same distance? Plans to simulate austral winter conditions?

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote