DCZ - Digital Conflict Zones

Wunderwolf

This is very impressive Wunderwolf, it seems you have given DCS the potential for another "Great leap Forward" thanks for your efforts.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

This is very impressive Wunderwolf, it seems you have given DCS the potential for another "Great leap Forward" thanks for your efforts.

Well, i hope im not the Mao Zedong of DCS ! :D

Many thanks for your kind words. :)

very nicely done wolf. Had a chance to get caught up on this thread. Great concept and very interested to see where this goes. Keep up the good work.

Many thanks!! I'll try. :)

This looks pretty cool! I don't suppose there will be a Single-Player Vs. AI version?

Well, unfortunately not. It would go beyond the scope (for now). But afair there is already something like a SP-dynamic-campaign-engine out there!?

Regards,

der Wolf

Well, unfortunately not. It would go beyond the scope (for now). But afair there is already something like a SP-dynamic-campaign-engine out there!?

Regards,

der Wolf

Thanks for the response. There's DCE, but it's still a bit limited (no offense MBOT :D) It's also a big FPS hog for some of us.

Your work still looks amazing!

Another Stream.

Greetings.

In one or more hours i will make a short stream about the map-creation-tool for DCZ.

So this one is probably also rather unspectacular.

I'll only show you how one may lay out a new "board" for the DCZ game and how the Tool currently works to do so.

Of course the stream will later be uploaded to my Youtube channel.

I also _TRY_ to keep the stream short. Some colleagues mentioned that 48 minutes (my last stream/video) was a little bit to lengthy. :)

Regards,

der Wolf

• 2 weeks later...

This time i made a little Showcase of the Main "panels/menus" of DCZ and how a generated "firstSqeuence" miz file looks basicaly like.

Here is the Link of the upload to yT:

Regards,

der Wolf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a while since the last news on this thread.

Hence i thought it is time to led you hear from me.

In the last weeks we were busy to start the Game from different time periods, play some rounds and fight the first conflict arising from two

of the Players.

Some changements have already been made cause of those tests.

Currently im pretty busy to get more data into the database in regards of DCS units and weaponssystems. At the same time

we started another game with the starting-timeperiod of the 80s.

If everything goes on as planned there will be another stream of the next conflict coming from DCZ inside DCS at sunday. (On my twitch page.)

Additionaly i would like to give you that battle (.miz) and the needed dcz.dll (and the hooking lua-file). So i will upload these files here

in this thread after sunday. Hence you can play this battle for yourself to get an impression of a typical DCZ conflict.

Until then i wish you many greetings,

der Wolf

Okey ... unfortunately it looks like we have to postpone the battle for one week.

We encountered some technical difficulties. One of the combatant has currently a very unstable internet connection. Additionaly i was not as fast with "coding" as i would like have been.

So i will stream it next sunday and deliver the mission plus the .dll after that day.

Thanks for the patience.

Best wishes,

der Wolf

This is amazing work Wolf. Thank you for this.

Hey Wood. Many thanks! :D

So ... Hello everyone,

instead of explaining the Situation and the general anatomy of a battle created through DCZ during my stream, I'll explain everything in this forum post.

In this scenario Malus (who decided to use 'blue' technology) is attacking Spartan190 (using 'red' tech).

Malus' forces are attacking the CZ 'Desert Pony' from 'Unexpected Network'.

Now both players can choose which pawns will take part in the conflict.

For this all pawns (with all units) that are stationed inside the attacked CZ or in an adjacent one (including the one from which the attack originates) can be choosen, as shown in the following picture.

Additionally all pawns containing aircraft, SAM or radar units can partake in the battle, however other units in the pawn will be disregarded.

gatMvEz.jpg

The following pawns will be employed by Malus

VAoNI2z.png

Here is the pawn stationed in an adjacent CZ which is also allowed to partake in the battle (including all units contained in the pawn).

5a5tF8D.png

The following pawns will be employed by Spartan (defender). (All pawns from the attacked CZ as well as all pawns from the CZ neighbouring in the east.)

tmzf9WH.png

Again two pictures that show the field for us (the three players Malus, Spartan190 and Wunderwolf).

vR8aiWg.png

gJLuf0Y.png

For the defenders (always blue) the following mission file was generated, which contains all units taking part in the battle.

Additionally the Borders of the relevant CZ are visualized by waypoints of 'pseudo-units'.

Spartan190 can now deploy all units within the borders, set waypoints, define loadouts, etc..

FKK0ZMQ.jpg

For this additional units of a adjacent CZ in the south were generated, since goods are imported into 'Desert Pony'. (Therefore the transport of the goods is a subtask in the battle.)

For the attacker (alsways red) Malus the generated file was as follows.

lfujhp3.jpg

After both combatants have finieshed their preparations and plannings and uploaded them into DCZ the following Mission file, which is to be played now, was generated.

(Malus' planning unfortunatly 'overfilled' the portrait :D)

qWI2R9Q.jpg

I'll stream the battle within DCS in the coming minutes/hours on my channel.

I hope you'll enjoy watching us. :)

P.S.

Many thanks to Stingray for translations.

Edited by Wunderwolf

So ...

even it is still in the processing, this is the before mentioned Battle we played out inside DCS :

Additionally as promised i attach all needed files to this posting to play this Battle for yourself.

You may change the "skill" of playable Units thus more Units are Player Controllable.

One Important thing though :

- Before you unpause the Mission on the Server everyone which wish to participate in the battle has to be slotted in and pressed "play" (thus is already sitting in the cockpit)! Or his unit will not be part of the internal processing of the dcz.dll.

To Play this battle simply put the following files in the mentioned path onto the server :

DCZGameGui.lua --> C:Users<yourUserName>Saved GamesDCSScriptsHooks

DCZ.dll --> C:Users<yourUserName>Saved GamesDCSScripts

(unless of course your User Folder is somewhere else ... )

Have Fun :)

Edited by Wunderwolf

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Greetings.

Much time has passed by since i wrote the last post in this very thread.

First things first.

I could now write a lot about appartment exchange, job change, other kind of private trouble and my little cat and her OP.

But i will just apologies!

I was simply not able to withold my statement to bring you DCZ in summer 2018 as an open alpha.

So DCZ ist still determined as pre alpha. And there is still work to be done before i can give it to you in an "alpha" state.

Thus even then it will (probably) have many errors. But at least we, the internal tester team, were able to play DCZ once from the beginning to the end without interruptions.

So many errors have already been solved. The internal testers tell me constantly what they like and not like about playing DCZ in its current state.

This leads to changements. Many new features, which were in the beginning not planned, has coded into DCZ. One example is :

Originaly a battle where declared during the turn of one player. And that very battle would be played out directly.

The current new version is now, that multiple 'attack-declarations' are made during the turns of all players. And just before the round ends, a series of battle-sequences are generated.

This new approach allows a battle between to players be far more dynamic, since now multiple "attacked CZ" may participate in one DCZ-battle.

Also a lot of data has to be putted and were added into DCZ.

Every Unit has to be given the cost to construct it :

(blue side tech link)

(red side tech link)

Every kind of Ammonition/Weapon hast to be give AmmoUnits costs :

(ammo list link)

All the available Maps have to be made available inside DCZ and it's database :

HS7kkKD.png

So even i was not able to give you DCZ "yet" there is a lot going on.

And i will try my best to give it in open alpha state as soon as possible.

Unfortunately februrary will be very busy for me. Thus i try to give you another possible "date" for open alpha release after februrary.

I also noticed that no one came back here and stated that i missed my promise. I hope there is never the less interest in this project from the community.

But ...

This definitely deserves more attention! Looking forward to playing!

Many thanks KidCharlemagne. :-)

I want also mention that, even the game itself is not available yet for you, you nevertheless can/may already register yourself on the webapplication under

https://www.digitalconflictzones.net/ .

This gives you the opportunity, if you like, to participate in the battle between our internal tester players of the current DCZ test game.

There is one button in the main menu called "contract list".

Players of DCZ can formulate a contract on units which are playable inside DCS and which are participating in an current ongoing battle between two DCZ players.

These are openly shown on that very list. If you wish to be part of one DCZ battle as a pilot, you can click on the units name inside the contract list.

In the opening panel, you may then press "Apply for Contract".

Multiple Users of DCZ can do so. And before the battle starts we will inform the guy which has been accepted for a contract that he may be part in one of our

DCZ-DCS games. This would also lead to an invitation to our DCZ-internal-tester-discord, thus the Pilot will be able to communicate with us during the battle.

(Sidenote ... the one currently given contract is unfortunately boring ... since the "enemy of the contract owner" doesnt have any air force yet!)

So, thats it for now.

I wish everyone a great (rest) week.

Regards,

der Wolf.

P.S. The given wiki is currently extreme sparse and heavy under construction. If you have questions about the game itself and the gameplayment, please just ask in this very thread. Thanks. :)

Edited by Wunderwolf

Can this be played as a single player? Sure hope so.....hint!

Sorry. The answer is simply no. This is not an "automatic generating dynamic campaign system".

And there are no AI-Player implemented (yet).

Especially the DCS part would be problematic with to 'program'.

So at least two persons should be involved. ... Unless you like to play against yourself!? :)

Regards,

der Wolf

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone.

Since it is clearly some time now after february i should give you at least some information what the current state of DCZ is and how "close" it is right now for becoming open alpha.

Two features/modules i wanted to have in DCZ before its go into public was the implementation of ship handling as well as the 'warehouse system'.

Both systems have been so far implemented and are now being tested by the testers and me.

The 'ship system' basically introduces ships (of all kind) into DCZ without interfering to much with the current code base.

Hence the system will be a bit more basic and abstract as the rest of the game. Nevertheless it was important to have a featureset inside DCZ which allows the construction and usement of

ships since DCS maps like the persian gulf map are a thing and be popular in the community.

I will explain in a later post (and definitely later in the wiki : https://www.digitalconflictzones.net/wiki/doku.php) how the system works inside DCZ and whats the differences are

to the main systematics of the game as soon as DCZ is about to go Open Alpha.

The warehouse system basically gives now Player of DCZ the ability to put fuel, equipment and ammunition of any kind into the warehouses of a DCS battle (mission file), prepayed with the

current given local ressources (this works for airports as well as FARPs and carriers ... ).

This makes it ultimately possible that Pilots participating in a DCZ/DCS battle can truely land, refuel, rearm and re-engage into an ongoing DCZ/DCS battle, while everything is still on-par with the

ressources of the Player which the Pilot works for.

Two further things i shall mention befor i come to the "open alpha date" part of this post.

We found that the possibilities of a tactical commander (Combined Arms) during a DCZ/DCS battle are still a bit too limited for doing dynamical decisions on the ai forces.

Thus a special implementation is currently ongoing for bringing more functionalities to the commander of both sides.

For that we do a little tool which is able to connect to the DCZ.dll which has been hooked up into an ongoing DCS Server.

This tool literaly exposes some of the scripting commands of DCS in regards of ai units to an external GUI.

I made a little show-case stream some weeks ago. You may watch the video of this stream here :

Many thanks to Stingray64 for helping me developing the external GUI part.

The second thing is a new Cost-List was created to adapt the costs of one Unit more to reality. CU has become an equivelent of the real world costs of the corresponding DCS units while credits represent now

complexity and rareity in an abstract way. We already matched AU costs to real world credits costs of all the weaponry available in DCS. Thus AU and CU become more on-par in a DCZ game.

Many thanks to MicroVAX for the intensive research and calculations done for this new cost-list. :-)

So ... now to the 'complicated* part of this post.

Because of the two new systems which has to be tested and since testing is realy time consuming ... the best case scenario for prediction if/when DCZ can go open alpha for now is :

During autumn 2019.

And truely ... i deeply hope this time ... it comes out this way.

I have with the guys playing DCZ with me ... and all the Pilots which irregularly or regurlarly participate in our battles a lot of fun.

And im eager to bring this fun to all of you. :-)

Last thing to mention :

Becaus DCZ is still a bit "too abstract" probably for most of the people out there, i implemented a "open public viewing" functionality for all DCZ games which are flagged as "public viewable".

So, if you register/login into https://www.digitalconflictzones.net/DCZ/ you can enter the game-map between Malus (the internal tester i test all the new features with ... many thanks Malus :-) ) and me.

Short description how to use it :

Mouse Scroll wheel : camera pan in/pan out

Mouse Scroll wheel pressed : Pitch camera

Keyboard key 's' : resize the conflictzone labels

Keyboard key 'p' : switch enable/disable map background

Keyboard key 'f' : switch showing only buildings/pawns, only CZ labels, both

"Statistics" Button on the sidebar ... (guess/hope its self explainatory)

Keep up the hard work Wolfie.

Oh ... i will do Krippzi! :D

:pilotfly:

Best regards,

der Wolf

Edited by Wunderwolf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You are doing an amazing work. Keep going on man.

Many thanks stenji. I try. :thumbup:

We have announced one of the DCS missions (battle), which was the result of our gameplayment in DCZ, as an "Tournament event".

We wish to draw as many Pilots/DCS Player into this battle as possible, in order to stress test the DCS-server side implementation for DCZ.

If you're interested to fly for one side have a look at : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4035844

See you in the sky! :pilotfly:

Edited by Wunderwolf