DCE Campaign and F18 Module - won‘t continue after exit the mission

Hi Folks,

Hope that I am i the right Forum and someone can help me. My issue relates to the F18 Module in connection with the DCE campaigns.

I finished a campaign mission and press ESC and „Quit“. For the Harrier or Tomcat DCE Campaigns everything works as expected after that which means that the Standard DCS de-Briefing screen will be displayed where I can see my mission results. At the same time the DOS window open where I can accept the mission results (or not) and the text editor also with the mission results.

Unfortunately this does not work in the F18 Hornet DCE Campaigns and I do not now why. When I finished a mission and press ESC and „Quit“ I see the black loading screen with the DCS Logo. In the background the DOS window and the Text file from the DCE Campaigns opens as well but that‘s it. I can accept the mission and DCE generates a new one. But I cannot press the „End Mission“ Button as i do not see it but only the Black Screen. The Game will not continue and I Need to restart DCS. I thought that maybe I accept the mission, generate a new one and restart DCS May help but unfortunately not. I still can only play the mission I flew last also DCE generate a new one.

As said before this only applies to the DCE campaign and F18. All other DCS modules work perfectly with the DCE Campaigns. I also do not have this issue in Single missions or the static Campaigns for the F18, i.e. Everything works perfectly there. Thus and in my opinion this must relate to the DCE Campaign. I also re-installed the Campaigns but nothing helped. I Play the DCE campaigns in the latest version actualy published on the website.

Hope someone has an idea as I Love the Dynamic Campaigns (and the Hornet) very much.

Thank you all in advance and Kind regards.

Hummersepp

On the F14 caucuses campaign on ground strike missions I get extremely slow 1 to 2 per second frames when either wingman is being engaged around target area or maybe if he is damaged don’t know for sure. But it’s only in and around the Target. Doesn’t seem to be when I’m being shot at.

Hi Folks,

Hope that I am i the right Forum and someone can help me. My issue relates to the F18 Module in connection with the DCE campaigns.

I finished a campaign mission and press ESC and „Quit“. For the Harrier or Tomcat DCE Campaigns everything works as expected after that which means that the Standard DCS de-Briefing screen will be displayed where I can see my mission results. At the same time the DOS window open where I can accept the mission results (or not) and the text editor also with the mission results.

Unfortunately this does not work in the F18 Hornet DCE Campaigns and I do not now why. When I finished a mission and press ESC and „Quit“ I see the black loading screen with the DCS Logo. In the background the DOS window and the Text file from the DCE Campaigns opens as well but that‘s it. I can accept the mission and DCE generates a new one. But I cannot press the „End Mission“ Button as i do not see it but only the Black Screen. The Game will not continue and I Need to restart DCS. I thought that maybe I accept the mission, generate a new one and restart DCS May help but unfortunately not. I still can only play the mission I flew last also DCE generate a new one.

As said before this only applies to the DCE campaign and F18. All other DCS modules work perfectly with the DCE Campaigns. I also do not have this issue in Single missions or the static Campaigns for the F18, i.e. Everything works perfectly there. Thus and in my opinion this must relate to the DCE Campaign. I also re-installed the Campaigns but nothing helped. I Play the DCE campaigns in the latest version actualy published on the website.

Hope someone has an idea as I Love the Dynamic Campaigns (and the Hornet) very much.

Thank you all in advance and Kind regards.

Hummersepp

Double check you put the campaign in correct folder. All kinds of nastiness may happen if that's not correct.

If you modified any text files, make sure they were edited in a script editor like notepad++

Is there any way to add random failures in without having to go in and hit the random button on the mission editor?

No, not yet, but if it interress several people, I think Cef will be happy to add this option...:pilotfly:

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

It looks like with latest OB, wingman gets dumb again and unable to taxi on the carrier.

Whenerver and wherever you start moving, the wingman will move forward couple meters and then get stuck forever. I.e. until the end of the mission. Abort takeoff doesn't help.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

No, not yet, but if it interress several people, I think Cef will be happy to add this option...:pilotfly:

Then we need a rallying cry. I would love to set a 10 percent blanket failure on all systems from the ramp. IRL the plane is not perfect and in a war zone less so.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP!

No I'm serious, for people like me and couple locals I'm sure the patching and patching again process is natural and all. But if a new person comes in here to play, and they want to play the latest version of Lets say FA-18 campaign, they gotta download like 3 files and combine em in correct order.

Can we put the campaigns in a neat list like back in the days? We don't need 3 different Versions!

THIS NEEDS TO STOP!

it will be nice to hear that ^^

Then we need a rallying cry. I would love to set a 10 percent blanket failure on all systems from the ramp. IRL the plane is not perfect and in a war zone less so.

Are you able to wait a month or two?

If not, I have 2 quick fixes:

One especially for you:

ATTENTION, I did not test anything, so ... before changing anything, save your campaign.

It is necessary to change with notepad ++ the file "mission" in Init \ base_mission.miz

Find the chapter ['failures'] = {

And change the values you want, as in the mission editor:

Normally, you will always have the same values for each mission generation

['failures'] = {
       ['Failure_Fuel_Tank1Transfer'] = {
           ['hh'] = 0,
           ['prob'] = 100,
           ['id'] = 'Failure_Fuel_Tank1Transfer',
           ['mmint'] = 1,
           ['enable'] = false,
           ['mm'] = 0,
       },
       ['Failure_Ctrl_Aileron'] = {
           ['hh'] = 0,
           ['prob'] = 10,
           ['id'] = 'Failure_Ctrl_Aileron',
           ['mmint'] = 5,
           ['enable'] = true,
           ['mm'] = 17,
       },
       ['Failure_Ctrl_FCS_Ch3'] = {
           ['hh'] = 0,
           ['prob'] = 100,
           ['id'] = 'Failure_Ctrl_FCS_Ch3',
           ['mmint'] = 1,
           ['enable'] = false,
           ['mm'] = 0,
         },

EDIT: And you must add this line (["accidental_failures"] = true,) in the mission file

["forcedOptions"] = 
   {
       ["accidental_failures"] = true,
   }, 

Save mission

And save base_mission.miz

And generate a new mission

The second is a script on random breakdowns, do you want to test it? But you can't specifically choose one or more Failure

BUT ATTENTION, I did not test anything, so ... before changing anything, save your campaign.

PS: I think the failures do not work in multiplayer

Edited by Miguel21

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

It looks like with latest OB, wingman gets dumb again and unable to taxi on the carrier.

Whenerver and wherever you start moving, the wingman will move forward couple meters and then get stuck forever. I.e. until the end of the mission. Abort takeoff doesn't help.

On one of our test campaigns in F-14, it works very well.

Which campaign, what aircraft, which version of the campaign and which version of the script are you talking about?

Last point: did yesterday's patch solve your problem? (DCS 2.5.5.34864 Open Beta hotfix)

DCE_Manager

Sorry, I should have been more explicit.

It occurs with Hornet over PG campaign, the latest version i.e. Hornet over PG-V20-S11.0.4.

The problem has started to occur since the open beta DCS 2.5.5.34644. I have not tried it with latest hotfix 34864 yet.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

S11.0.4 ????

it still exists ??? ^^

If it does not work with the last OB, I strongly advise you to install S11.0.7

EDIT:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3984603&postcount=695

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5k3swyk6ms7ch1h/ScriptMods-AD-S11.0.7.zip?dl=0

To use with any s11.0.4 or s11.0.5 version (not for s11.0.7 ! )

Installation :

- Extract "Images", "Init" and "Scripts" folders in all V20 campaigns (erase old files)

- After that extract "base_mission.lua" files in the good theater PG or Caucasus "Init" folder

- Finally if you use "IRIAF Tomcat over PG" campaign extract "db_loadouts.lua" file in this campaign "Init" folder

After that you only need to use Skipmission.bat file if you have a campaign running or FirstMission.bat if you want to restart a new one.

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

Ok, looks like I didn't go though the "Dance" properly :)

The one I was using was in the first post with

-Hornet over Persian Gulf : F/A-18C Hornet campaign over Persian Gulf (CVN-74 Stennis)

Will try with latest ScriptMod then and re-generate the ongoing mission

It looks like actual Mod system is not really very satisfying : new pilots need to load and install more than one file depending of the campaign : it can be confusing !

We wanted to avoid campaign restart but it can be really limiting for campaign modifications ( different from DCE system mods) and nearly impossible for different theater campaigns ...

We are studying other possible methods to allow simplier campaigns Mods with only one file to download and install for new players. Depending of Mods nature it should be possible as often as possible to keep the running campaign alive...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

That would be great indeed. The campaigns can be long enough so that you would not want to restart it. I've managed to complete just two DCE campaigns, even though I've started like 20 :)

it will be nice to hear that ^^

Are you able to wait a month or two?

If not, I have 2 quick fixes:

One especially for you:

Normally, you will always have the same values for each mission generation

The second is a script on random breakdowns, do you want to test it? But you can't specifically choose one or more Failure

Can I wait, yes, will I probably not LOL.

The random one is more what I am looking for since I don't really want to run into the exact same failure every time.

Question the script, what are the base chances or is everything "random"?

Thank you

@Miguel21 My Base_mission.MIZ file is encrypted (-.-)

So I can not edit any of the code inside it. I am really just looking to add in the random script. Thanks man

Use 7zip to open it then Notepad++ to open « mission.lua » file

Or change base_mission.miz to base_mission.zip then you can « see » inside this folder...

Don’t forget to change back base_mission.zip to base_mission.miz ;)

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

temp = {
       failure = true,                                -- (true or false) Miguel21 modification M20
       failureProbMax = 100,                        -- (1 à 100)probabilité maximum sur une panne -- Miguel21 modification M20
       failureNbMax = 10 ,                            -- ( 1 à ...57?) nombre de panne maximum par mission --Miguel21 modification M20
       }

if not mission.forcedOptions then mission.forcedOptions = {} end
       mission.forcedOptions.accidental_failures =  true

if temp.failure and not coopFlag01 then                        -- not multiplayer

local n= 0    
       for _id, failure in pairs(mission.failures) do
           n = n+1
       end

for f = 1, temp.failureNbMax do

local hh = math.random(0, 1)
           local mm = math.random(1, 59)
           local prob = math.random(1, temp.failureProbMax)
           local mmint = math.random(1, 59)
           local id_failed = math.random(1, n)

-- print("numeroPanne "..id_failed)
           local m = 1
           for _id, failure in pairs(mission.failures) do

if id_failed == m then
                   mission.failures[_id]['hh'] = hh
                   mission.failures[_id]['mm'] = mm
                   mission.failures[_id]['prob'] = prob
                   mission.failures[_id]['enable'] = true
                   mission.failures[_id]['mmint'] = mmint
                   print("NouvellePanne ".._id.." "..hh.."H"..mm.." ".." Duration "..mmint.." Prob: "..prob)
               end
               m = m+1
           end
       end
   end

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

@Miguel21 and @Pb0_CEF I am running the f/a18c right now [since it is the only craft I know well enough to handle failures]

I added the lines of codes to ATO_Generator.lua When generating the first mission it did show it added the failures to the mission.

[possible failure ELEVONINNERLEFT 1H40 Durée 54 probability: 9

possible failure Failure_PP_LeftAMAD_OilLeak 1H16 Durée 57 probability: 14

possible failure Failure_Fuel_ExtTankTransferL 0H33 Durée 36 probability: 24

possible failure HYDR2PUMP 0H57 Durée 14 probability: 2

possible failure REVERSER 1H2 Durée 49 probability: 9

]

They do appear to be randomized [not the same for each generation.]

However they do not activate the random failures in the mission planer (not sure if they are supoused to and I am sure I am doing something wrong as far as the

"This will work if and only if the failures associated with your aircraft are already present in base_mission.miz

If it is not the case, it will have to be modified by hand ...."

Part is concerned.

If you see failure lines at mission generation, it should work

To be sure it works in flight, for your first mission: adjust the values:

failureProbMax = 100,

failureNbMax = 10,

It would be very surprising that you have no breakdown in flight :)

not activate the random failures

This is normal:

DCE_Manager