A10C Revisited

AvroLanc

Well, I've had the Warthog since day 1 of early access back in 2010... It's been a while...used it on and off since then between new DCS toys and other sims.

I've recently upgraded to VR with a Rift S and after being wowed by the Hornet and Tomcat decided to give the A10 a go...

I have to say I've just had the most immersive 2 hours for a long time, playing through the A10 Red Flag campaign.

The combination of a feature complete module, VR and a realistic mission set is amazing.

I know it's been said before but I do wish the A10 could receive some kind of minor update. The addition of a helmet mounted display to point the TGP would be so so welcome.

After all these years the A10C is still an awesome product.

I agree, a update for the Hog is in the works check out this link, hopefully it will not be too much longer. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3807915&postcount=184

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I know it's been said before but I do wish the A10 could receive some kind of minor update. The addition of a helmet mounted display to point the TGP would be so so welcome.

Right there with you!

While a cockpit overhaul is in the making to make it look nicer, especially in VR, a Helmet Mounted Cueing System is more than a minor update. The A-10C Suite 3 that we have in DCS never had it. Newer suites certainly did receive it IRL. But unless ED decide to provide a newer suite A-10C, we're not getting the HMCS. And they never announced any plans in that regard, unfortunately.

Right there with you!

While a cockpit overhaul is in the making to make it look nicer, especially in VR, a Helmet Mounted Cueing System is more than a minor update. The A-10C Suite 3 that we have in DCS never had it. Newer suites certainly did receive it IRL. But unless ED decide to provide a newer suite A-10C, we're not getting the HMCS. And they never announced any plans in that regard, unfortunately.

Yeah, I guess everyone's familar with the idea that ED were contracted for a particular Suite 3. Likewise it's been mentioned before that a payed update would attract a lot of us.

Maybe some cherry picked additions, along with a relaxation of specific ANG issues, might allow a Scorpion HMD to come one day? Just a pipe dream.