Signal Pistol can't be removed?

I can't remove it either and I don't use any mods for bf-109

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Since the new update 1.5.3, i somehow can't remove the signal pistol anymore in the mission editor. I tried it with two different missions, but after removing the pistol and saving the changes, the pistol is still there...

Bump ! anyone have any news regarding this flare gun removal no luck here and not running any mods plus repaired ?

Seems buggy indeed.

My method is the following.

In ME choose No Flare then save the mission.

Then Fly and the Flare gun is always there.

Quit the mission and klick "Fly again".

The Flare gun has disappeared.

Strange but working !

Madcop

I think its the mission editor that is somehow bugged. I started missions several times with changed aircraft altitude for speed testing and it didnt accept the change.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Bf-109K Flare Gun cannot be effectively removed in ME

Since the new update 1.5.3, i somehow can't remove the signal pistol anymore in the mission editor...

I have seen the same. Did a few tests and reported to Support:

"!I have removed the flare gun in the ME. But when the mission is run for the first time the flare gun is in place and hides the propeller pitch indicator. When I abort the mission and use "Fly again", the flare gun is not there. When I exit the mission and select it again from the list of missions the flare gun is in place again.

And when I go back to the ME I find that the flare gun is present. The removal of the flare gun in ME is apparently not saved when I save the mission. So the flare gun handling is quite inconsistent.

This is disturbing as the flare gun obstructs the view on the propeller pitch indicator which I need for take-off and landing."

My work-around: start the mission and abort it right away. Then start it again using the "Fly Again" button.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yes I am having the same problem...unable to remove pistol in the editor..:doh:

...in my opinion it should be that if you want the pistol you would have to select that...in other words they have this backwards, where the gun's presence is default

Edited by GT 5.0

Is the flare gun controlled by a .LUA file?

Getting tired of having to remove the flare gun all the time...

Is flare gun visibility controlled by a .lua file?

If it is I would want to modify that .lua file - even if that means I have to re-do it after the next upgrade.

I checked a few .lua files but didn't find anything.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yes I am having the same problem...unable to remove pistol in the editor

confirm it and add to lost possibility to remove MW50 in editor, if I set empty tank in editor, i will have full MW50 tank in game, no chance to fly with empty tank...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remove the signal pistol for all that version 1.5.3 came out. Also the file merge option in steam doesn't help.

As i remove the pistol in the mission editor and save it, it would appear automatically after reload the mission.

Edit: Got a new update today over steam... now it works!

Edited by Blackcloud

• 3 months later...
Could some one please tell me how to remove the flare gun. thanks

You have to do it in the Mission Editor, and that means you have to do it for every mission where you want to get rid of ther flare gun.

In the ME, select your fighter and then look at the right-hand pane. Above the waypoint data frame there is a row of 7 buttons. The rightmost button looks like a house. Click that button and set the "Flare Gun Port" option to "None".

LeCuvier