Online "practice"

fizban2000

I just recieved LOFC2 and am getting the feel of all the controls/setting. In the near future I want to take it online (which is where my real passion is) to get the feel and practice. I do not want to enter a server where "real" operations are taking place until I join a squadron or until I really know what is going on. Is there a server for somone like me who is "new" to combat flying. I do have many years of online FSX airliner flying over VATSIM.

Thanks,

Gene

A-10C, MI-8, UH-1, KA-50, F-86, P-51, FC-3, MIG-21

To be honest, don't worry about it. Hop online and join that server's TS/Ventrilo. Most open servers tend to devolve into what we call "Airquake" anyhow, so don't worry about it. (The main advantage of joining squads is to gain access to closed servers that avoid the Airquake syndrome.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Just hop in a server and get on comms, like Ethereal said all servers are airquake unless it's a closed server. Flying online against real people is so much better then against the computer. Most squads are will teach you to a degree on basic combat things online. However they save more in-depth stuff for people in their squads.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Teamspeak 3 and ventrilo are your friends. Most servers post the teamspeak information on the MOTD. I recommend you find a server with people active and on teamspeak. Every new player is welcome to the community, however if your not in teamspeak you will have a very hard time finding anyone to explain what's going on, where the enemy is, why the building killed you, how to start your engines, navigate, where the MIG 23 is locking you from,ect ect. No one likes typing it out. But I know plenty of people that will bend over backwards and tell you everything on teamspeak.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just make sure you can ID friend from foe, don't radar lock every friend, get in the way on runways etc. and your fine. If you have at least read the manual you'll find most people will help you wth questions online. As long as they are not too busy actually flying or fighting :)

Just make sure you can ID friend from foe, don't radar lock every friend, get in the way on runways etc. and your fine. If you have at least read the manual you'll find most people will help you wth questions online. As long as they are not too busy actually flying or fighting :)

Nothing like targeting a bad guy, about to fire then getting killed by a friendly.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Nothing like targeting a bad guy, about to fire then getting killed by a friendly.

Happens every time I play singleplayer. Damn ally flights spamming missiles against the mig I'm BFMing. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester