[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

30 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Is this why my jet seat no worky when using the Apache? 

Firstly any new module needs to be added to SSA by @f4l0 As he doesn't get the modules for free or in advance he needs to purchase it and then map the telemetry to his free program. Hence the suggestions to donate.

The second issue is that there are limitations with some modules to be able to extract the telemetry depending upon what gauges etc. the aircraft has to extract the data from for inputs or something like that! Making it hard or impossible to extract RPM or torque for example.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Hey @BIGNEWY, just making you aware of the situation.  Maybe this is coming.  If not, can you pass along @f4l0findings to the dev team?

Much appreciated! 

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

3 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Bad news for all Apache pilots...
I just noticed that the Apache has almost no analogue gauge which SSA can read/extract, so it is very hard to get the RPM, torque or other engine parameters. Maybe someone of you has an idea how to extract those values from the AH-64D...

It sounds to me like this isn't a bug, but rather a "feature" of the airframe, correct?

I know whenever you go into the external view for an aircraft you can see the rpm, torque (I think?), and airspeed. Does SSA not use that data? I think dcs-bios exposes that stuff so there must be some way of accessing it right?

Or are you saying the module isn't exporting that data?

I'll dig around in the luas and see if I can find anything, but yeah given the lack of instruments I'm guessing it will be pretty limited.

4 hours ago, f4l0 said:

I just noticed that the Apache has almost no analogue gauge which SSA can read/extract, so it is very hard to get the RPM, torque or other engine parameters. Maybe someone of you has an idea how to extract those values from the AH-64D...

So we wont see our SSA any time soon? When i start some F-16 mission first and fly little, and than go back to some AH-64 mission it givin me basic feel, rockets, missiles, gun, touchdown, even little rottor shake but not like other helo’s. 

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

1 hour ago, Avenger31 said:

So we wont see our SSA any time soon? When i start some F-16 mission first and fly little, and than go back to some AH-64 mission it givin me basic feel, rockets, missiles, gun, touchdown, even little rottor shake but not like other helo’s. 

How did you get it to work? by adding this line to the simshaker lua file?

elseif obj.Name == "AH-64D_BLK_II" then 
            dataTable.name = "Mi-24P"

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

1 hour ago, skypickle said:

How did you get it to work? by adding this line to the simshaker lua file?

dataTable.name = "Mi-24P"

No, just run some mission with F-16 and fly little, than quit and run some with AH-64 and you will see. I am using same tactic when want to fly Harcules or UH-60

Edited by Avenger31

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

9 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Could you set the engine-vibrations to a set value for the time being ?  And simulate a transition-vibration at a certain speed ?  I do hope ED will make those parameters available !
Can you read out gun- and missile firing ?

@Avenger31

Unfortunately I do not have the F16. But if I fly the huey first, it makes no difference.

even with this line added to the lua file (just before the KA-50 statement) like so:

dataTable.name = "UH-1H"  
          elseif obj.Name == "Ka-50" then

or this line:

dataTable.rpm = string.format("%.2f", 5000)

I get this error on quitting DCS.

image.png

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

Hey,

today I'll release a first beta version for the Apache. All effect except engine effects should work... Once I/we(the community) found a way to get RPM, torque or N1 via lua I can add the engine effect in SSA...

UPDATE:

A good night sleep was the answer... I found a solution and was able to extract the RPM values 🥳

Edited by f4l0
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 13

1 hour ago, f4l0 said:

Hey,

today I'll release a first beta version for the Apache. All effect except engine effects should work... Once I/we(the community) found a way to get RPM, torque or N1 via lua I can add the engine effect in SSA...

UPDATE:

A good night sleep was the answer... I found a solution and was able to extract the RPM values 🥳

so we can either donate money or sleep time, right???
Appreciate your hard work, sir

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

3 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Hey,

UPDATE:

Best news for today!

• Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

3 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Hey,

UPDATE:

Awesome work mate 👍 thank you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarcT-NL said:

Thanks very much !  So it is the 2.3.6 release that has the Apache ?

No, 2.3.7 will have the Apache... I still do some testing before I release it...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

RPM/Rotor effect for the starting sequence is bugged... DCS reports Ng values not Nr/Np values which SSA would need, if someone finds a way to export Nr via LUA, I could add a proper startup/shutdown effect...

However, I'm building beta 2.3.7 now. Known issues:

- Startup/shutdown effect is bugged - does someone knows how to extract Nr or Np value via lua?
- APU effect not working - does someone knows how to extract APU RPM value via lua?
- ETL/VRS threshold values might not match - please report "better" values...

Should be available soon...

Edited by f4l0
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

RPM/Rotor effect for the starting sequence is bugged... DCS reports Ng values not Nr/Np values which SSA would need, if someone finds a way to export Nr via LUA, I could add a proper startup/shutdown effect...

However, I'm building beta 2.3.7 now. Known issues:

- Startup/shutdown effect is bugged - does someone knows how to extract Nr or Np value via lua?
- APU effect not working - does someone knows how to extract APU RPM value via lua?
- ETL/VRS threshold values might not match - please report "better" values...

Should be available soon...

How/where can we donate?
Perhaps you could place a link in the OP?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Just downloaded the SSA Beta 2.3.7 and it wioll not install... returning the following error message.  This is from a rebot and do not have any other instance of the software instyalling?

Desktop Screenshot 2022.03.20 - 15.12.14.42.png

Too afraid to do a complete uninstall/install as will likely loose all other DCS SSA module profiles?

18 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

Just downloaded the SSA Beta 2.3.7 and it wioll not install... returning the following error message.  This is from a rebot and do not have any other instance of the software instyalling?

Desktop Screenshot 2022.03.20 - 15.12.14.42.png

Too afraid to do a complete uninstall/install as will likely loose all other DCS SSA module profiles?

Installed fine for me

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break)