JUST WOW.... I AM BLOWN AWAY

ZQuickSilverZ

The DCS 2.5 graphics are SO AMAZING.

From my DCS Newsletter:

Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles and ships possible.

More to come?

Are we going to see DCS Tank?

Are we going to have DCS ground warfare servers? Actually why don't we have those now? Someone that is good at coding missions and understands ground warfare should start a ground warfare server just to see how it goes. I would definitely give it a go.

• Like 1

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The DCS 2.5 graphics are SO AMAZING.

From my DCS Newsletter:

Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles and ships possible.

More to come?

Are we going to see DCS Tank?

No, Not just any tank, it's a DCS FLYING tank lol. :megalol:

Is this in the bug section?:cry:

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

sure. nothing impossible.

ground units simulation is something will bring a really interesting simulation level to the market. As you can see the trees become vision barriers in the new version, Something really needed.

but if I talk about a new full simulator for Tanks or infantry in general I will bring the same graphic engine with superior features adapted for a ground simulator. A second engine improved to work parallel with this one.

I am not a professional in this field. I know is expensive to make it so. More personal probably.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The AI needs an incredible amount of work for such a module to be worth playing.

I'm already sick and tired of it as a chopper pilot when the tanks are magically able to see the tip of your rotors on the upper half of a thick treeline over a kilometer away and 180' behind them.

Just feels dumb when trees are your worst enemy rather than your friend, pop-up attacks are virtually impossible to pull off unless you play the silly 'who has the longest max range' game which simply makes for bad gameplay.

I remember Wags asking the community for expert info on the Abrams a while back. At least I think I remember that...

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I agree with OP, this is just amazing! Flying the Ka-50 on a hunt now is a completely new experience. You need to fly much smarter to kill the enemy. You need to change position so you can see more of the battlefield before advancing, as I believe heli work is in real life. It's not like showing up on the battlefield with a Ka-50 and murder everything anymore, perfect! I love it! :weeee

A couple years ago, there was a call put out by ED to the community for help acquiring any/all declassified documents they could find regarding the M1 Abrams. So, yeah, they've definitely thought about it if nothing else.

Now that 2.5 has happened, and the gameworld is not fuggly, major blockers regarding trees, terrain, etc... I expect we'll see the much rumored Combined Arms 2.0 someday. Note, by someday I mean "over the next couple years". You know how glacially slow things move around here :)

Seriously, though, with the Great Conjunction having taken place now, think about the vast amount of resources and manpower that have just been freed up to participate on new projects, not to mention the vast increase in power and capability the engine just received.

2018 is gonna be a good year

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The new 2.5 blows me away with the scenery improvements. But the ground effects could stand some improvement. If DCS resources and time are limited I would like the aerial environment to take priority.

Anyways, to compare 2.5 to what could be developed on the ground first see how the military vehicle interacts with the water at the 3:30 point as vehicle enters the water:

Then compare the above to this off-road simulation tank’s splashing and surging in deep water at the 7:15 point. Backing up to the 1:20 point shows the strong impact on bushes and small trees. The 4:15 point shows interaction with mud.

Lastly here is an example of a heavy truck chassis creating tracks and ruts in rather deep snow in this same off-road simulation.

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

The new 2.5 blows me away with the scenery improvements. But the ground effects could stand some improvement. If DCS resources and time are limited I would like the aerial environment to take priority.

Anyways, to compare 2.5 to what could be developed on the ground first see how the military vehicle interacts with the water at the 3:30 point as vehicle enters the water:

Then compare the above to this off-road simulation tank’s splashing and surging in deep water at the 7:15 point. Backing up to the 1:20 point shows the strong impact on bushes and small trees. The 4:15 point shows interaction with mud.

Lastly here is an example of a heavy truck chassis creating tracks and ruts in rather deep snow in this same off-road simulation.

Well, bearing in mind here you compare a flight simulator with a specific tank simulator I think DCS stands quite well… :lol:

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Yeah, a lot of things are possible if they went as full bore on simulating the ground as much as they do the air, but realistically, it isn't ever going to get to THAT point. The engine would require yet another massive overhaul, and the sheer computational power required to do BOTH to "full fidelity" standards cannot be overstated.

Right now, focusing on one thing, they have to make countless compromises and skip whole topics simply because it's not possible to calculate EVERY variable and still function on a home computer at all, even a "top tier" one. It would also only be really applied to player controlled vehicles, or those within a few hundred meters of a player controlled vehicle.

There are hardcore DCS level tank simulations in existence already though, like DCS the civil authorised versions of military training tools, but they have no significant aircraft simulation, either :P

Someday... we'll have both :) But most likely not until silicon is replaced as the basis for computers :P We're nearly at the limits of what it's capable of, afterall.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I have a few friends waiting to get into DCS, tho not with airplanes but surface vehicles and maybe soldiers at a later stage.

I would maybe start off with WWII tanks, much simpler, less work for the devs but enough to get the tank rolling.

I wouldnt mind a full blown Leopard A4 or Abrahams at a later stage...in like 7-10 years, not kidding.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Actually, the ground "environment" (equal at sea), require improvements, but I think some movement start to see on CA on the 2.5 with the "float" vehicles, that dont reach actually the "level" of expectations of the "tank" community, but that is only a matter of time.

A little "test" (sorry the bad quality screaming and my spanish talk)

TEG3PPoakoY

With only a little "love" on 2.5 as:

- vehicles deployed into Landing ships.

- Better sea animations and vehicle movements.

- Troop transport capability into vehicles

- Landing operations with deploy vehicles from LCMs / infantry from LCVP or extract vehicles / infantry by landing ships to ships.

- Complex formations (infantry plus vehicle movement)

- better vehicles functionality and multicrew vehicles

CA can get a bigger jump, now with the no LOS trees, that improve to a next level. Await what is the next movement on CA / ground environment.

but if I talk about a new full simulator for Tanks or infantry in general I will bring the same graphic engine with superior features adapted for a ground simulator. A second engine improved to work parallel with this one.

A second engine has not practical, that require a server to connect them, and actually DCS World, can be improve to make them as a "tank / infantry" simulator. I Know the CA environment has very "limited" to a real tank sim, but that require time and a dedicated team to improve them to the Wags to a "tanks, ground vehicles and ships possible".

The easy way, get a pilot-able cockpit capability to vehicles and ships by dlls, similarly to a helo and aircraft, and surely, the community start to Modding vehicles and more. Other point has been export the future aircraft Damage model to vehicles to make a "realistic" armour simulator.

Other point, CA has actually infantry "pilot-able" (Stingers and Sa-18s) with you can walk and run, and some WW2 soldiers animations show more complex animations, get capability to a pilot-able true infantry, with some capability to switch weapons and enter into vehicles, and viola, we have DCS infantry "simulator".

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I did a quick test jumping into vehicles. The JTAC feature works quite nicely in VR now, apart from FLIR for some reason. I am quite excited about it as it looks a lot nicer now in game at ground level :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I need to chime in here, because I've bashed ED often enough, credit where it's due. I played CA last night after a bit of VR fatigue and some light desktop work and it's immeasurably good versus the previous map engine. The pathing, roadway, bridges, traffic, graphics, effects, water, trees, line of sight, behaviour and more are all very much better and without many of the classical limitations from 1.5 versions.

Talk-ons are now pretty hard, because trees block visible line of sight as well as the computers checks, and finding angles to shoot at vehicles is now a real thing. That increase in detail is so important because it's getting harder, which is closer to a more realistic (and thus immersive) experience. The differences are probably subtle to a casual look, but CA is a real thing now, not just a side dish. Had a lot of fun last night.

Screen_180207_224325.thumb.png.8a3c5a4b305524acdf8191ec8bdc5faa.png

Screen_180207_224330.thumb.png.c696b23efbcf572fe891103e705d3401.png

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *