Civilian Gazelle

Coxy_99

they are not, they put it as an example just asking on what happened yesterday, and anyway, if they do at least they asked about it!

Its suggested, Yes they asked, So those are my questions as a customer.

Edit: I changed it :)

Edited by Coxy_99

dunno, in the case they do my guess is that they will take little to no time... what would take them? tweak the current gazelle module to reflect the lack of weapon mounts? some flashy skins? almost anything else is done already...

oh! and fancy robes for the pilot models XD

Yes so whats from with the two versions we have :)

no idea, just guessing :D troop insertion? VIP extraction? etc... just spying over there in a flashy chopper? as fast as you can slap a flashy civvy skin you can do at reverse XD

Edited by Sarraceno

I would prefer if it was done similar to what to what the huey has

No pylons model with a couple a civ skins

Oh and no thanks for paying 30 for it, it should be part of the gazelle package

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dont do this. no Civi stuff in a Combat Sim :)

Cheers Specter

• Like 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

will military gazel owners also have to pay it ?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dont do this. no Civi stuff in a Combat Sim :)

Cheers Specter

Its Digital Currency Simulator dude

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Should at least link and quote the post:

https://www.facebook.com/PolychopSimulations/posts/1749498342022481?comment_id=1762838840688431&notif_id=1512845967477376&notif_t=feed_comment&ref=notif

I wish all of you a happy weekend.

I have read the comments on the Christian Eagle II and unfortunately many customers are upset about it. Now there is a question that came back up.

Would you enjoy a civil Gazelle in DCS, that would have a slightly different flightmodel then then the 342M, without external stores and such and most important, would you be willing to pay for it 30 USD?

The background to this question is that quite a lot of people asked if it would be possible to get such a version. In basic it is, but people also have to understand that development costs us money too, and uses resources from production of the new product so this would never be an option for free. I am interested in the opinions that people will have on this.

Emphasis mine. They flat-out say working on a civi module will mean not working on another, potentially military, module for the duration - one of the main reasons people were annoyed with the Eagle II.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

No, thx, no any Cessna ect in Combat Sim. Better for FSX or Prepar3D only.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No thanks.

If you want to do it, do the following.

Strip the existing module of all weapon systems, weapon mounts, disable the optics e.t.c. You basically sell it based on its flight model alone at a reduced price kinda as a "trial version" for those who don't want to dive in for the 50-70 euro non-refundable price tag (maybe it will even hit 80 with the hornet?...).

Less effort, less cost, less time spent making civilian versions of aircraft we've already got, and still get the first step towards civilian aircraft via the transport and cargo role instead of just diving straight in.

DCS shines in that it has some great flight models. 15 really good models beat 150 average ones any day of the week.

considering I never tried civil inside DCS before, yeah, why not.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hi guys.

As it was already mentioned, it was a basic question. There are not defenite plans for a DCS civil helicopter yet, but we were interested in the opinions. What we think personally is not a part of the topic here, if we would like to release a civil version or not.

The topic was discussed on the facebook page already so there are additionl statements about this and the reasons for the questions

A trainer version (with modelled failures & those things) ? Would buy it.

A civilian version ? Won't buy it.

A new civilian helicopter ? Would buy it.

A non-combat training-only semi-civilian helicopter like the Fennec ? Would buy it.

For sure i won't buy the same helicopter twice, and i'd choose the military version over the civilian one. And i'd prefer one with a purpose in the DCS universe.

A trainer version (with modelled failures & those things) ? Would buy it.

A civilian version ? Won't buy it.

A new civilian helicopter ? Would buy it.

A non-combat training-only semi-civilian helicopter like the Fennec ? Would buy it.

For sure i won't buy the same helicopter twice, and i'd choose the military version over the civilian one. And i'd prefer one with a purpose in the DCS universe.

That's the issue for me to be honest, IMPO a trainer/civil air-frame has next to no use for me in DCS. I mean if you want to fly from point A to point B then just use an existing air-frame without any weapons :) If you want to fly Civil stuff buy FSX or P3D.

however, from a business perspective I can see why this would be a good idea, try to get others from the other 2 sims over to DCS. but the development of the air-frames shouldn't hinder the development of the core, Combat Air Frames.

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Hi guys.

As it was already mentioned, it was a basic question. There are not defenite plans for a DCS civil helicopter yet, but we were interested in the opinions. What we think personally is not a part of the topic here, if we would like to release a civil version or not.

The topic was discussed on the facebook page already so there are additionl statements about this and the reasons for the questions

Maybe the thread title should be changed? There must be other choppers you guys could do? Is it for funding reasons? Dcs modules are not cheap to build, Its already been said about making a quick buck which is understandable to invest into a new project? Are 3rd parties struggling in ED and dcs? Maybe be bad to be blunt but would prefer honesty because three 3rd parties are looking at this route

I will toss this idea here also.

How about proposing ED to subsidies a civilian Gazelle version?

Make it free.

No costs for copy protection.

No ED fee.

Just little money from ED directed to Polychop?

I am sure it can't be a problem of Principles but one of measure, measure as amount of money. Carefully negotiated and planned it could bring people to a free helicopter module in DCS and add some money to Polychop and quite a bit of fame (especially after the FM will be finalized :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

That's the issue for me to be honest, IMPO a trainer/civil air-frame has next to no use for me in DCS. I mean if you want to fly from point A to point B then just use an existing air-frame without any weapons

Trainer, when fully IFR qualified unlike the L39, have a purpose. Training pilots and friends, who will then buy a full module. And it's more deep than FSX-P3D.

Fully civilian aircraft on the other hand does not. They can only be useful as AI. So no point dedicating time for them from my POV.

Edited by Absha

I don't mind civil aircraft in DCS, but personally I probably wouldn't buy a civil Gazelle. An EC-135/H-135 on the other hand...

I know that it would be easier for you to derive a civil version from your military Gazelle, but it wouldn't evoke too much interest in the community, as Gazelles are rare as civil ones in real life. If you want to gain more interest, you need to create something that is much more popular and well-known. In FSX/P3D/XPlane, A320 and B737 are best-sellers, because everybody knows these planes and maybe flew on holiday with them a few times.

So if you really want to go down the path of civil aircraft: Don't venture into niche aircraft! That's a waste of time and money on your behalf.

For the Nevada map and the parts of the Grand Canyon, an EC-130 or a B206 LongRanger would be a smart choice, as these helicopters are operated there for scenic flights on a daily basis, and there are possibly quite a few people out there interested in simulating/reliving these flights.

4703967.jpg?v=v4fb38459e98

4687991.jpg?v=v4c256d44e3f

they are not, they put it as an example just asking on what happened yesterday, and anyway, if they do at least they asked about it!

and honestly, a civvy chopper is already more useful than any acrobatic plane....

Well, you could also be the camera bird now for airshow stuff lol....

My 2 cents:

Civilian Gazelle will not sell well, not for 30$, not for 15$. It is just not a very appealing module to sell. I won't get it, and I am really into helicopters (in fact all modules I own are helicopters!). I understand that may seem like a good idea since it would take a fracture of resources compared to developing a module from zero, but I bet it would be very bad received by community.

I know you don't want to hear about module ideas at this moment, so I would just say- check what modules are mostly anticipated by us, which can be developed with least costs etc. I think unarmed helicopters are probably a good idea.

Good luck!

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)