Issue with racing pedals as rudder.

Posting this here in the off chance one of the owners of the Heusinkveld Engineering Pro Race Pedals also flys in DCS World.

I'm having a problem where in DCS I can get the game to recognize the pedals and I even can get each pedal to be recognized going in the right direction. (Clutch pedal rudder goes left, gas pedal rudder goes right.) The problem I have is that in game the upon initial pedal press the rudder goes full over to the pedal pressed and the further the pedal is pressed the rudder goes from full throw back to the center again. This is the reverse of how I'd like it to function which is the further the pedal is pressed the more rudder is applied. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to correct this. Anyone seen this with other race pedals?

Two things I would check.

1) Make sure there are no errant assignments for the rudder. Some random switch/joystick etc. So check that.

2) Check the Axis tuning. It may have been modified somehow.

And in Windows Control panel, Joystick, does the rudder work as expected?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Thanks for the reply. No errant assignments for rudder I can find. In fact, I cleared the entire panel for the pedals minus the rudder option. Axis tuning has been set up as others have mentioned for other versions of racing pedals ala Fanatec, Logitech and the like. For some reason, mine just seems reversed. Initial pedal press throws the rudder over the full way and then further press just puts it closer to zero rudder. Yep, in Windows control panel under the pedals it appears correct and also appears correct in DIView. (0 at no pedal press and a large number at full pedal press.)

Well, I think I may have discovered the issue. In DiView, my pedals go from 0 to a large value upon pedal press. My friend with Fanatecs has the exact opposite in DiView where no pedal press shows a large value with full pedal press being 0.

This pedal don't work with load cell instead pot or contactless sensor?

In DCS control you need go in Axis tune and set on half of the axis for each pedal - bacause you are combining 2 physical axis in one "virtual", and if need invert axis - the fact that are are inverted in Windows is not issue for modern games.

Other model of pedal, but is the same thing for configure:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1436133&postcount=7

Edited by Sokol1_br

Thanks. I already had the axis menus set for 50 percent saturation on the Y axis I believe it was. Ended up doing a custom curve for each pedal basically reversing the default values and that got the rudder working in the right direction. Meaning the further I pushed the pedal the more rudder deflection I got. Now I'm fighting a problem where after a pedal press the rudder goes crazy back and forth like it is on crack right around center.

• 5 years later...

I know it’s an old thread, but I have the same issue with my Heusinkveld Sprint pedals. I’ve seen possible workaround is to use vJoy and UCR , but I’m not sure how it works.

Note that my previous T3PA pedals worked ass expected after tuning the axes.

Edited by avenger82