Options / Controls / 'General' settings? What's that?

Snacko

I've seen this 'General' aircraft category for a long time.

What is it for? :helpsmilie:

What does it do? :cry:

It would seem like it might be a 'default' setting for new aircraft? But I cannot find anything about it in any manual. At one point I had assigned my axis assignments hopeing it would use them on new aircraft. But I don't think that ever worked... So what is it for? Would be nice if it was in the manual.

How to stop screenshots?

I wanted to stop DCS from using the SyReq/Prt Scr key from taking screen shots. I cleared the key assignment for Screenshot command in the General category. Also in the A10c Sim and A10c Game category. None of them have any key assigned to the Screenshot command.

Yet every time I press that key, DCS still puts a screenshot in ..\Saved Games\DCS\Screenshots.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Options specific to the aircraft that you have.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I don't think you understand what I am talking about.

The Control Options lists all of the aircraft you can select to edit their controls.

One Aircraft category is called 'General'. I have tried to use this, but I don't understand how it works. (Refer to my first post...)

After playing around and seeing this category have no effect on my current aircraft. I am now wondering if this is possibly the default Control Assignments that only get applied to 'new' aircraft that you buy?

Since I already have all of my aircraft setup I cannot test this. But if I bought a new aircraft, and I had this 'General' category setup with my joystick and throttle, and custom key commands the way that I would want them.. Then maybe a new aircraft would start with these settings? But the manual says nothing about this category, so I don't know.. :cry:

cntCVpb.png

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I've seen this 'General' aircraft category for a long time.

What is it for? :helpsmilie: What does it do? :cry:

When you're not in any aircraft (for example fly with F11 button), the keybindings in General category works.

Setting axis in General is nonsense to me.

...Yet every time I press that key, DCS still puts a screenshot in ..\Saved Games\DCS\Screenshots.
As far as I know, you can't disable that function unfortunately. Normally, in other modules, Print Screen line is ghosted. If in General category it can be changed, it would be a little bug. Whatever you do, PrtScr takes shot. :D
Edited by Devrim

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I didn't know that you could fly with the F11 cam. I'll have to try that.

I use Fraps for all my screenshots, so I hate that DCS Screenshot folder filling up. It was huge when I noticed it a few weeks ago.

Sorry it could be LShift+F11 or something.

It's OK to me that DCS's taking shots, actually.

By the way, check your Tracks folder too. Your multiplayer flights are always being recorded. After a while you'll delete tons of gigabytes tracks from there. :D

ED should put an option for that! :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

LCtrl+F11. It's what I used to make the train video in the Videos/Screenshots section flying just above the rails.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

But you guys are only using the keyboard to 'fly' / move around, right? The Pitch, Roll, Throttle, etc.. are of no use for the Ctrl+F11 View?

So from what I have heard so far, this General category still appears to not change any game controls. So I am still thinking that it is a default setup for new aircraft. Hope I remember to test that theory next time I buy an aircraft.

But you guys are only using the keyboard to 'fly' / move around, right? The Pitch, Roll, Throttle, etc.. are of no use for the Ctrl+F11 View?

So from what I have heard so far, this General category still appears to not change any game controls. So I am still thinking that it is a default setup for new aircraft. Hope I remember to test that theory next time I buy an aircraft.

Unfortunately, yes, Ctrl+F11 requires "flying" with the keyboard (mouse in my case). I went into the General category thinking that, perhaps, I could set up the "flight" control for that view through the Axis panel but no dice.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

It's OK to me that DCS's taking shots, actually.

By the way, check your Tracks folder too. Your multiplayer flights are always being recorded. After a while you'll delete tons of gigabytes tracks from there. :D

ED should put an option for that! :)

:helpsmilie: Where would I find this "Tracks" folder?

NVM I found it... Thanks for the info.

Edited by Sarge55

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog