Logbook and progress after 2.5

Holton181

Hi,

I asked these questions on FB in the latest DCS 2.5 teaser post, but haven't got any answers so I take the liberty to ask them here:

What will happen to campaign progress at 2.5 release?

If not transferred from 1.5 to 2.5, will it be possible to keep an 1.5 installation to finish ongoing campaigns?

What happens to logbook content for those of us having multiple instalations at the moment (i.e. 1.5 and 2.1)?

Will logbooks be merged? If so, will virtual pilots with same name and country be merged as the same pilot in 2.5? Will a possibility to merge other pilots be given?

If no merging of logbook or progress, which one will be transferred to 2.5, if any? The one in 2.1?

Request:

If no logbook merging is taking place, would it be possible to offer a simple tool to do this? Maybe a challenge for the community?

Thanks!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

It might be a good move to store all flight logs with the DCS World account.

• Like 1

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• 2 months later...

I have found what was wrong. I just had to correct the path of campaign files (.cmp) in "logbook.lua" because I had an extra "EN" sub directory that does not exist anymore in 2.5 path (only the SA342 campaign path did not change for me). I just deleted that directory in the path in each "campaign" node and all went right. I can now correctly see the achieved, in-progress and not-yet-started campaign in 2.5 GUI and go on from my 1.5 status for each campaign.

Edited by Frank Murphy

I have found what was wrong. I just had to correct the path of campaign files (.cmp) in "logbook.lua" because I had an extra "EN" sub directory that does not exist anymore in 2.5 path (only the SA342 campaign path did not change for me). I just deleted that directory in the path in each "campaign" node and all went right. I can now correctly see the achieved, in-progress and not-yet-started campaign in 2.5 GUI and go on from my 1.5 status for each campaign.
Good find!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5