Ranger79 Base Objects Pack (Hesco's + others)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ranger79 are you out of the mod business? Or is keeping them working as ed keeps changing things?

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does this mod work with DCS Beta 2.5?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Yes, I just had a blast, had the C-5's on the Tower side at Nellis, Taxi'd up with the Hornet and thought, Will it fit? Folded the wings and tried to get up the ramp, oops, no crash but did a drive thru at floor level, lol.

Could we have a C-5 with the doors closed PLEASE, look so cool a ramp of C-5's. They used to come in at Ascension island, but they were full of beer/cigars/cigarettes and food for the PX!

Thanks

how does this mod work?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

They are in Ground Vehicle Group, and I put the mod into Users/name/Saved Games/DCS Open Beta/Mods

It took a bit to hunt out the C-5, but, I was able to add this as a Static Object, Ground Veh Group, scroll thru lots of stuff, and find the C-5, Doors open or not they look great (Imho)

These things used to amble over my house 3pm Every Sunday at RAF Honington, inbound to RAF Mildenhall. So I kinda like them a lot, they have done a beautiful representation. enjoy

I did as you said, but I can't make it work

Hey Suntsag,

Wanted to ask before I started on this.. This needs to be done separately for each vehicle in the mod pack?

Thanks,

Sage

Hi Snoopy, Here is an example for you, I have tested it and it works for me the example I am using is the DODGE_TECH vehicle listed in the ME under ARMOUR *Technical Large 12.7mm

1. Create a .lua file named DODGE_TECH.lua

2. Add the following code:

dofile("Tools.lua")
dofile("GroundUnits/WeaponSystem/Tools/weapons.lua")
dofile("GroundUnits/WeaponSystem/Tools/CannonSounds.lua")
dofile("GroundUnits/WeaponSystem/Tools/AutoGunSounds.lua")
dofile("GroundUnits/WeaponSystem/Tools/MissileSounds.lua")

DODGE_TECH_weapons = weapons:new()

DODGE_TECH_weapons:addTurret(1)

DODGE_TECH_weapons:addLauncher(1, 1, automatic_gun_25mm)

3. Place the lua file in the following location for the Mod: Sounds/Sounders/GroundUnits/WeaponSystem/IFV (If it does not exist create the path).

That should now have added the in game 25mm gunfire sound to your vehicle. Hope this helps. Cheers.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

• 4 months later...

How can i fix it?

In MissionEditor i dont see models, in Encyclopedia i have black screen on all models :helpsmilie:

Last DCS Beta (2.5.4.*)

1106974782_DesktopScreenshot2019_01.17-17_08_56_90.thumb.png.5fa6cdba708229d1b9ecdad60a2902db.png

ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4

MAD Ryzen 3600X

MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super GAMING X TRIO

Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB RAM DDR4 3000MHz

DeepCool Castle 240

[MAIN] LG UltraGear 34GK950G-B (3440x1440 120Hz) | LG UltraGear 27GL650F-B (1920x1080 144Hz)

250GB SSD Samsung 960 EVO (OS) | 500GB SSD Samsung 970 Evo (Games) | 1TB HDD WD BLACK | 1TB TEAMFORCE DELTA RGB SSD (Games)

How can i fix it?

In MissionEditor i dont see models, in Encyclopedia i have black screen on all models :helpsmilie:

Last DCS Beta (2.5.4.*)

Fixed by instal in SavedGame, not in core DCS folder

ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4

MAD Ryzen 3600X

MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super GAMING X TRIO

Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB RAM DDR4 3000MHz

DeepCool Castle 240

[MAIN] LG UltraGear 34GK950G-B (3440x1440 120Hz) | LG UltraGear 27GL650F-B (1920x1080 144Hz)

250GB SSD Samsung 960 EVO (OS) | 500GB SSD Samsung 970 Evo (Games) | 1TB HDD WD BLACK | 1TB TEAMFORCE DELTA RGB SSD (Games)

I have noticed that if you place AF1 on any airfield, or even near it, it shuts the whole thing down, nothing will taxi, move, take off or land. Just that one edm in the pack, must be a HUGE collision box but no collision file allocated.

If anyone knows of a solution to this let us know, that aircraft is superb in game, if we could but use it.

Edited by crazyeddie

For what it is worth, I have both the Released and Open Beta version installed. This pack only works in the released version for me. When I try to run a mission created with this Mod Pack it stops and says it can't find it... It's there because both my versions share the same Users/Name/Saved Games/DCS directory.

Kinda strange some are having problems but on OB 2.5.4.26552 I an not having any issues with the Mod. I have it installed in my

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Ranger Pack.

Hmmm.... That is the same Open Beta version that I have. Do you have both the released version and the Beta installed or just the Beta? I see the name of you folder in the Saved Games folder is DCS.openbeta. I have only one DCS folder in my Saved Games folder (named DCS) that I use for both versions. I wonder if that is a problem? I didn't think it would be since I want those files used by both versions.